Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Deserts – Interview with developer Pearl Abyss

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    I keep forgetting about this game, perhaps it's it name Black Desert.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Me to. Some reason the name makes me think of CoD or something, so I figure this game is nothing more than a lobby FPS trying to call itself a MMO like with the recent thread on Ghost Recon Online for examples.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Bump if you also believe this game should change the name...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Me to. Some reason the name makes me think of CoD or something, so I figure this game is nothing more than a lobby FPS trying to call itself a MMO like with the recent thread on Ghost Recon Online for examples.

Excactly my thoughts.

So yeah I don't say this often but this game could need a name change......

One thing that I found strange is....

Question: While the screenshots and video look amazing, gamers were voicing concerns if an expensive and powerful system is needed to play Black Desert.

Answer: We are currently trying to lower the hardware specs needed for Western users to play our game. taken from http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/03/black-deserts-interview-with-developer-pearl-abyss/

Does this mean that most korean and/or asian players all have high end systems?

And yes I do like to keep this topic bumped as I do feel it seems like quite a nice MMORPG too look into else it might slip under most gamers radars. Again perhaps due to it's name.....

Here is some more info:

The World

Black Desert Online is a seamless MMORPG, so there is no loading involved except when you are joining instances. They also revealed the climate and weather system, each region has a unique weather and climate that players will have to adapt too. For example, in the desert area players can raise a Camel and mine areas. In warm climate areas players will be able to farm and fish. Then there are areas that will be stormy, snowing, raining, typhoon, sunny, and etc. For example, if the climate of an area is very cold then it will start to snow or rain.

Housing System

Since Black Desert Online is a semi-sandbox MMORPG, players will be able to build their houses in certain areas or rent places in cities or towns. They will also be able to purchase their houses through the auction house system. The house is fully customizable and can be filled with all kinds furnitures! The more objects and furnitures your place, the more NPC's will often stop by and become friendly with you. Like cooking? No problem, just set down the right furniture's and you can get started on cooking! The housing areas is limited so it's best to get your house early as possible. Though they said that they are implementing something so that players who join late in the game will have a chance in owning their own house through the "Reverse system." It kind of reminds me ArcheAge because there are a lot of players who started the game late and doesn't have a place to set their house down. If you're too poor to afford a house, you'll be able to get by just fine with a the tent system.

http://steparu.com/previews/mmo-rpg-previews/1071-black-desert-online-preview-2

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I've been waiting for more info on the game. I'm afraid by the time it gets to use here in the US, other games will already be out and have my money and time. Hope it ends up being a really good game though.

One thing I didn't like in the interview was this....

Question: In a number of Korean interviews, player housing was mentioned. Will all players have a chance to own a house, or is there a limited amount? What are the advantages of owning 1 in Black Desert?

Answer: We are going to provide a limited number of houses, approximately ranging from 1000 to 2000 units. Users will be allowed to take part in house auctions, so that only users that can afford them can obtain houses. As long as one can afford it, a single user can buy several houses.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot