Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Activity Level (Do People Still Play?)

MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

I had some people ask me if the game is still active so I took these shots for them. The more the merrier so i am sharing them here as well. These are both from today. Make of them what you will.

Game Activity:

Forum Activity: (General Discussion)

For the curious, purples are community moderators and reds are staff/developers.

UPDATE (Jan. 6th, 2013): Since this is the only topic I have started on MMORPG.com I stumbled onto it and have taken another picture of the night time population. I didn't note this in the post originally, this is just the server I play on. Other servers tend to have about the same, but some on the official forums for my server (colby) complain that they only have half of other servers. I wouldn't know as I have played on colby for about a year now and never even touched another. For russians, Innova now hosts servers as well and I hear the anticheat is really good. Although I don't think it is as big of an issue as others, Gamersfirst have been talking lately about inhouse work on making some form of anticheat. Also a new UI is expected as they have been redoing it from the ground up so that they can make quicker changes, seeing as it was originally made for a team of a hundred or so staff, when Realtime Worlds was still a thing, versus the (last I heard) twenty or so that they have now. Although the staff now is supposidly 90% RTW staff anywho. They have said that they are hiring but training people is hard and time consuming. Hopefully this information helps people decide if they do/don't like the direction of the game. I obviously enjoy it, but I can rage just as much as the next guy in a pure PvP game.

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I've been thinking about reinstalling it. Been a few months since I last played.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

If you are into progression, they have added new contacts and some other content in the past few months with New Breed pt.1 & pt. 2. The new contacts are for people who have finished all other contacts. The rest of the content should be usuable by anyone I think. If you are into fight clubs, they added a new ticket system where you get tickets for completing tasks in fight clubs. The prizes look really great, anything from clothes, weapons and to body kits. I am not big on fight clubs myself but a lot of people are so it is a welcomed addition. Financial district also has seen a few changes to some areas, mostly making it more difficult to just bunker down. Oh and titles, if you are into fluff, have been added and are unlocked from achievements now.

I enjoy it, but I recognize that it isn't for everyone. The game is geared towards people who can keep a cool head and enjoy PvP. If you rage constantly, then a pure PvP game likely won't be your thing for the long haul.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Bored one day, myself and two friends started playing this game and holy crap it is so much fun to play with friends!  I honestly can't belive I never tried it.  The keybinds and getting stuff done like changing clothes etc was a little unintuitive but google and youtube quickly remedied that.  

Seriously though this game is an aboslute BLAST if you love PvP.  Everyone was yelling and laughing in ventrilo as we played our criminals and tried to complete the missions while killing/avoiding the cops!

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I still enjoy it, I hop on play for a few hours and then log off, best thing is it is F2P so I can hop on anytime I want.
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    I loved the idea of this game - It ran like crap on my computer when I beta tested it. It's cool that it's F2P so it might be worth another shot, but I hear it's aimbot central.
    the hacking has lessened quite a bit, I played for a good 5+ hpurs a night the pass few days not once did I think I was playign against a hacker.  Not the same thing I could have said 6-9 months ago
  • ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by wesjr
    the hacking has lessened quite a bit, I played for a good 5+ hpurs a night the pass few days not once did I think I was playign against a hacker.  Not the same thing I could have said 6-9 months ago

That is something. When you can play APB and say you didn't go agaisnt a hacker that is a good thing. Everytime I try the game I run into one and it just completely kills the game for me. The game is really fun at its core but it does have a few flaws.

I am sure they are still out there as you can never get rid of them 100% BUT they seem to be doing a better job now at least.
  • xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

Games very active.

There are alot less hackers then there used to be but theres still a few. Usually the obvious high rank gold able to hit you with one shot 100m+ away while popping up and down on a roof or such trash. But overall they are alot fewer then before.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by xxtriadxx

Games very active.

There are alot less hackers then there used to be but theres still a few. Usually the obvious high rank gold able to hit you with one shot 100m+ away while popping up and down on a roof or such trash. But overall they are alot fewer then before.

An old post from an old thread but I feel it needs to be said that it is impossible to kill someone with a single shot. Hacks can not alter damage output or other players health.

Yes the game has hackers, but not nearly as many as many make out. Most people just can't lose gracefully.

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Not to necro a thread but I feel that for any potential new players they should know that the game is still well and alive on the Joker NA-East server and the EU servers. (:
    Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

This discussion has been closed.