Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinkin about buyin but....

OthobOthob Member UncommonPosts: 34
Hello all, SWG is the only MMO ive played and will be cancelling in a cpl days. Thinkin about EQ2 but a cpl questions first.....Are EQ and EQ2 separate games or do i need EQ to play EQ2? Secondly, are there expantions i should get for the "full experience"? If i get EQ, can my EQ toon trans to EQ2? Will a Pent IV/G Force 4/ 512 RD run it ok, or should i get another 512? And lastly, is SOE dumbing down, doing any downgrades...errr i mean upgrades like in SWG causing a mass exodus? Sorry SOE but i just dont wanna jump into a "disgruntled" situation.

Comments

• ValaraukValarauk Member Posts: 303

Originally posted by Othob
    Hello all, SWG is the only MMO ive played and will be cancelling in a cpl days. Thinkin about EQ2 but a cpl questions first.....Are EQ and EQ2 separate games or do i need EQ to play EQ2? Secondly, are there expantions i should get for the "full experience"? If i get EQ, can my EQ toon trans to EQ2? Will a Pent IV/G Force 4/ 512 RD run it ok, or should i get another 512? And lastly, is SOE dumbing down, doing any downgrades...errr i mean upgrades like in SWG causing a mass exodus? Sorry SOE but i just dont wanna jump into a "disgruntled" situation.

EQ and EQ2 are seperate games, you won't need EQ to play EQ2.

There are both expansion(s?) and "adventure packs" available for purchase for EQ2 which you will need to buy (Sony may already be including the original release in their latest retail expansion).

EQ toons cannot be transfered to EQ2.

Get more ram and a faster card.

There is no mass exodus to the best of my knowledge.

WARNING: Spelling and grammatical errors intentionally left in document to test for Anal Retentive Trolls.

"The key to wasting time is distraction. Without distractions it's too obvious to your brain that you're not doing anything with it, and you start to feel uncomfortable." - Paul Graham http://paulgraham.com/hs.html

• OthobOthob Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Thank you for ur fast, kind responseimage