Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Guild Wars 2: The Super Adventure Box Revealed

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Meowhead
    Makes me wonder if they'll have some other big surprise month thing between now and Halloween again.

Arbor Day?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    ^
    Fun, I'm sorry that you don't get it.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by adam_nox

can't even have one critical post without someone breaking out a picture meme, with WoW of all things.  sad.

I'd watch the vid, but what's the point of this, I don't really get it. 

So then why even post?  How do you expect to get something you don't even try to understand? 

It's called a content update, maybe you don't get excited about them, others do.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    best april fools event EVER! lol this thing is LONG..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243

A lot of love went into this, they are to be congratulated. :-)

I think it also shows that they understand their audience and are in touch with them. It's just good old casual, lighthearted fun, hearkening back to the days when games were meant to be amusing and not super serious second jobs.

I'm not a Nintendo generation gamer, unless you count original arcade Donkey Kong, but I can give credit where credit is due.

Well done Anet, keep up the good work.

P.S. Bill you need to work on that eye-hand co-ordination mate, I thought I was bad at GW2 jumping puzzles... :-)

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Pls make a petition to make this permanent :D
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    best april fools event EVER! lol this thing is LONG..

Ya, I think folks are not understanding a simple April fools event for continuous in game content.

I like having things break up the routine. It will be fun!!!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

looks cool, but its not really 'April Fool's' of you let everyone in on the punchline before hand, as it were.

Originally posted by tokini

looks cool, but its not really 'April Fool's' of you let everyone in on the punchline before hand, as it were.

Maybe they won't launch it! o.O

Edit: I take it back. Login to the game. The music is playing instead of the normal GW2 theme. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

I logged into the game and the 8-bit music is playing instead of the GW2 theme. I thought I had the video for this article playing in the background for a while! 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

It just looks like a nintendo game, another jumping puzzle to me. I just never found it fun, what's the point?

Glad they're putting out content regularly for those that love the game though. We need more competition between companies to keep us in mmo's.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Yes! I logged into gw2 and this ... I have 6 bit music ingame tho. Oh so awesome.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Muy bueno!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

got up to huge frog boss.. this a LONG dungeon.. don't think frog was even halfway looking at the overall map.

one thing if you are bad at jumping you only need one person to get to any of the flutes checkpoints then it brings up the checkpoint message so if you just die it will teleport you to them

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

got up to huge frog boss.. this a LONG dungeon.. don't think frog was even halfway looking at the overall map.

one thing if you are bad at jumping you only need one person to get to any of the flutes checkpoints then it brings up the checkpoint message so if you just die it will teleport you to them

After that 'boss' you get one more level that doesn't have any achievements connected to it, which stops half-way through with the NPC suggesting you pay ArenaNet money for continued development.

Also, the place is fully soloable, grouping is optional and doesn't seem to add any real difficulty. This should allow you to run around and find the hidden things at your own pace.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

It's that good huh?

I guess it's time to dust off those pve shoes of mine and give this a try.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    No developer does April fools like Anet lol. 
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
       PLayed for about an hour in the box. It was fun, but I lost interest in it after the first run through.

• ThulenThulen Member UncommonPosts: 15
    1st april ;)
  • SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Now, if they could get to work on the other 28 Activities, and hopefully those will be permanent x.x 
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Just got done. This is absolutely amazing. What an absolute blast.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Interesting little thing.

Kinda makes me wonder what the "dont ruin my immersion" people think about this.

We've long since moved on.

You make me like charity

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    This was truly unique for an mmo. Amaizingly fun and super well designed. Have to hand it to anet AND more to come!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by adam_nox

can't even have one critical post without someone breaking out a picture meme, with WoW of all things.  sad.

I'd watch the vid, but what's the point of this, I don't really get it. 

Pure fun, remember when you used to play Mario? image

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Maybe you had to have played these games in the 80s and 90s to appreciate this, but I just dont get it.  I love GW2 and you can tell by my posts, but this update just looks ridiculous to me.  I dont want to deal with those old looking graphics.   Oh well, if people like it then I guess I shouldnt whine too much, lol.   Ill probably just skip this one.