Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] The Aurora World: Hands On Preview Yields Surprise

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Aurora World is one of the latest entries into an increasingly crowded MMO market. We recently had the opportunity to get a hands on look at the game and found ourselves pleasantly surprised. Find out why in our comprehensive preview before heading to the comments to discuss.

The MMORPG market has always been a fierce one. For almost as long as MMORPGs have been around, everyone and their brother have been trying to get a piece of that pie. With the landscape of that market recently changing pretty drastically, people are now scrambling to not only get into the fray, but also figure out how to make an MMO work with today’s audience. Several games in recent years which should have been huge hits, well, haven’t been. A lot of developers are taking the web-based approach. Almost everyone has given up on subscriptions. One thing hasn’t changed though: there are still more MMORPGs in development than you can shake a stick at. I was recently given the opportunity to sit down with the developers behind The Aurora World for a tour of the game and to get some information about their upcoming MMO, so let’s see what it brings to the table.

Read more of Richard Cox's The Aurora World: Hands On Preview Yields Surprises.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Having just gone and watched some vids of the game on youtube, I can see why you didnt really talk about the combat or post any video. Although this game may have a couple of slightly interesting ideas it is basically your run of the mill dime a dozen generic eastern MMO trash.
  • officialfiveofficialfive Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Just uninstalled the game made it lvl 25, no quest after that except the quest when you hit lvl 30, no quest between lvl 25 to 29.
  • VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79
    Installed, logged in, saw cash shop, lol'd, left the game, uninstalled the game.
  • PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

Holy cow you must not play a lot of games then....

Otherwise yea, the clumpsy combat destroys all those mmorpgs these days

• kaungstkaungst Member Posts: 28

Looking for the nect ZOMG MMO Game, ...... 

still looking , caues this isnt it.

• TehTicTehTic Member UncommonPosts: 36
    terrible Wow  clone
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    You guys know I review every and give things a shot. I didn't even get beyond making a character and cut fraps off lol.......
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

As I write this, "The Aurora World" is first in the Trending Games banner at the top of the MMORPG homepage.

I always thought the games in that list were the ones generating the most forum posts and hype. However, it seems that buying a front-page ad for the game on this site works just as well.

There are 2 posts in the forums for this game. Four (4) people have bothered to actually click the hype meter for the game (which currently stands at ZERO).

Yet it is first in the "Trending Games" list ?

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by leaky
    terrible Wow  clone

It doesn't look like WoW at all.  It looks like every other Asian grinder in the history of everything. Do they all use the same graphics engine?

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Why do asian MMOs look like they are made for young teenagers? Are mostly teenagers playing MMOs in the East?
  • SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Came here saw a giant armored panda and switched off again...
  • TehTicTehTic Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by odiasuda
    Originally posted by leaky
    terrible Wow  clone

It doesn't look like WoW at all.  It looks like every other Asian grinder in the history of everything. Do they all use the same graphics engine?

are you kidding me can you not see the pandas? One of these things looks like the other :-)

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Strange the same time this MMO has a big advertisement on this site, there is a positive review.  Judging by the response of real gamers this MMO isnt surprising anyone.
  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

* Craptacular game releases, announces but does not advertise...

*Craptacular game is mostly ignored by mmorpg...

*Craptacular company tosses a wad of cash at mmorpg.com for an ad.

*Craptacular game gets a 'Nice game' review the next day...

HMMMM!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Tyvolus4
    Strange the same time this MMO has a big advertisement on this site, there is a positive review.  Judging by the response of real gamers this MMO isnt surprising anyone.

Yeah! These gamers are so real, they don't even need to play a game to give their review. They don't even need to see a game to hype it. 

Yeah a lot of real gamers in this thread.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bronzephishybronzephishy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Yes...there are pc gamer Cafes in the east that thrive on teenagers getting out of school and going straight to the cafe to play mmos...they play games like these that appeal to them
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Why do asian MMOs look like they are made for young teenagers? Are mostly teenagers playing MMOs in the East?

Yeah I've noticed that too...Every single one seems aimed at 12 year old kids.....Then the ones that add in anime  just makes it worse.