Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Joemighty Was Here' looking for more members!

RMYumaRMYuma Member Posts: 21

Hi there,

We are Joemighty Was Here, a European Gaming Community. We are a group of old school gamers and we have played together for over six years in games like WoW, SW:TOR, GW2, Diablo 3 and SC2. We are at the moment looking for new (groups of) players to join our community so we can grow larger and support even more games.

The currently played games are:

- Diablo 3

- Starcraft 2

- World of Warcraft

We try to organize as many events in these games as possible. To reach that goal we use our website and our private teamspeak server. We're currently looking for new members to play with us in those games.

Interested in joining our gaming community? Check out our website at http://joemightywashere.com

Regards and hope to see you soon!

Yuma

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

So why is your community called Joemighty Was Here?  Who is Joemighty, and where was he?  Why did he leave?

• RMYumaRMYuma Member Posts: 21

We started as a World of Warcraft guild in 2005. That guild was called Red Moon.

Recently we've been playing much more than WoW as a community, so we decided to change the name of the guild and become a gaming community. One of our more famous Red Moon members had a WoW character name called Joemighty. Since he wasn't actively playing with us anymore, we called the community 'Joemighty Was Here'. Yet, after hearing that we named our community after him, he returned and is playing games with us again.

So now you know where the name comes from, who Joemighty is and where he went. :)

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by RMYuma

We started as a World of Warcraft guild in 2005. That guild was called Red Moon.

Recently we've been playing much more than WoW as a community, so we decided to change the name of the guild and become a gaming community. One of our more famous Red Moon members had a WoW character name called Joemighty. Since he wasn't actively playing with us anymore, we called the community 'Joemighty Was Here'. Yet, after hearing that we named our community after him, he returned and is playing games with us again.

So now you know where the name comes from, who Joemighty is and where he went. :)

That is a good story.

I'd just suggest putting it on your site as well :)

It's nice to see when a guild has a name that's different than the normal stuff, and some people (like me) enjoy hearing how they came up with it.

• hobbitpimphobbitpimp Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I am an old school gamer. Sadly I do not play wow at the moment due to funds. But hey maybe one day I will hook up with you guys

I miss the massive in MMO.

That is a good story.

I'd just suggest putting it on your site as well :)

It's nice to see when a guild has a name that's different than the normal stuff, and some people (like me) enjoy hearing how they came up with it.

Thanks for the tip; I have added an About Us page to our site.

With the pre-Heart of the Swarm patch (v2.0.4) live now, 'Joemighty Was Here' has opened recruitment for new SC2 players. We play both competitive ladder games as well as custom games. As always we're looking for mature players who like to combine social fun with serious in game progress.
  • hostile17hostile17 Member UncommonPosts: 10

I am doing some academic research on guild officers for a graduate project. If there are any guild officers interested please get in touch with me please. Thank you!

I posted a blog post with more info here: http://mmorpgchronicles.blogspot.com/2013/03/academic-research-mmorpg-style.html