Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A true faction MMO

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

When is someone going to make that true faction MMO...  Where your actions ingame decide what and who you become,  where every kill, questchoice, npc convrsation adds to your personallity..

i am envisioning a system build around 3 axis... Good vs Evil, Chaos vs Lawfull, Beleiver vs Non beleiver ( or whatever beleivable opposites they choose) where people end up in one of 8 player factions and join that faction... Not indefinately, because your actions can get you kicked out if they take to much of a different direction..

this could led to 8 faction endgame PvP setting..  And to ballance things out and prevent people from trying to manipulate the system so that they might be able to switch to the biggest faction, there cut be a system in place that gives people in the smaller factions more personal power... Ie a certain powerpool devided among all the members of the faction.. This way things should ballance out over the long run

i am done with 2 or 3 sided fixed factions, its time for a hange.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

The only issue with large amounts of factions is if the game doesn't do to great the players are to spread out and the world feels empty.

A better idea IMO would be a set up like EVE where there are NPC controlled faction but also places that are controlled by players.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

3-way PvP often ends up with the two striking a deal to beat the third and after that it is only 1 on 1.

Point is, multiple factions don't matter because the powerblocks they would undoubtedly form would be essentially the same as having 2 or 3 premade factions.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Originally posted by NetSage

The only issue with large amounts of factions is if the game doesn't do to great the players are to spread out and the world feels empty.

A better idea IMO would be a set up like EVE where there are NPC controlled faction but also places that are controlled by players.

Just the opposite, it forces the players to deal with THEIR consequences of their actions.

With faction comes a player's choice of friend or enemy. They universe is literally shaped by the Player's choices..  if they side with the Dwarves, or their enemy the Giants (ie: Everquest Velious).

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon