Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions please.

AmbitKnightAmbitKnight Member Posts: 13

Tomorrow is my birthday and the wife said i could get a new game lol. So some of the titles ive been looking are as followed.

Diablo 3

Guild Wars 2

Darkfall unholy wars

The type of mmos im into are mostly open world pvp and sand box style. I cant choose one so was gonna see if the mmorpg.com community had some suggestions. I know Diablo 3 isnt a true mmo but i loved the second one.  So let me hear what you guys think.

Comments

• potacopotaco Member Posts: 82

If you loved D2, you'll probably be somewhat disappointed with D3. I would suggest checking out Path of Exile instead, as it's much closer to a D2 experience... and it's free!

Edit: and happy birthday :)

• NewnanNewnan Member UncommonPosts: 98

First, Happy B-day.

I would recommend Guild wars 2 if you havn't played it, it is different from other MMO's that it will be entertaining for atleast 500 hours or so.

D3 is not like D2. So if you are looking for a D2 feeling try Path of Exile (its free).

Darkfall ... I'm not going to talk about darkfall, just not my cup of tea.

Screw leveling games, give me something with "End game" at the beginning of the game.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Open world/Sandbox?

SP: http://spacerangershd.com/  , Sword of the Stars The Pit (more rogue-like than open world but even for someone like me who hates rogue-likes its fairly amusing) or if you're more into the fantasy genre: Dwarf Fortress, if you have a console: Red Dead Redemption.

MP: Get two copies of Terraria and convince your wife to play with you XD.

• GrimsbiGrimsbi Member Posts: 10

Happy Birthday!

I have no input on any of those games but was relieved to know that I'm not the only one who has to get his wife's permisssion to get a game;)

Hope you enjoy whatever you pick!

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Grimsbi

Happy Birthday!

I have no input on any of those games but was relieved to know that I'm not the only one who has to get his wife's permisssion to get a game;)

Hope you enjoy whatever you pick!

I've never asked my wife's permission to get a game. Unless your wives are the lone breadwinners or make significantly more than you I can't see why you would need to do that.

TL:DR - Man up and wear the pants