Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game where people actually interact

HikaruuHikaruu Member CommonPosts: 103

Like Maplestory USED to be, you know, grind a couple levels maybe, then group up for PQs, etc, lots of chatting and whatnot between stages/fights. now with all the updates its just solo grind til lvl 120+, grp up a bit, solo some more.

i also don't consider dungeon grinding with an lfg as "interacting" with people since you generally end up with people who say "hi" and "bye" or only speak up to tell others how much of  a noob they are

and not looking for a "social mmo", i like socializing but i also like crafting, killing, questing

i liked ff xi quite a bit, kind of burnt out on it now though

Comments

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Since it has a free option you may check out Vanguard. The game doesn't have a huge population but has a lot of open world dungeons and has a very mature community.
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Darkfall definitly requires interacting and a Guild. You want want to see if Darkfall is your type of game and give it a try.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    I would try vanguard i have been playing it for about a month now and the community is very talkative if you find a good guild that helps too.
  • I haven't seen this in a game since EQ1. Vanguard did a good job but the population is, sadly, just too low. 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Vendetta Online has a lot of player interaction, both in PvP and otherwise.  Each avenue of gameplay takes a degree of coordination with others in order to be highly successful.  Nonetheless, there are those that prefer to go solo, just gathering resources, smuggling, and the like, coming to the social fore only when it's time to turn a profit.

Tactics are huge, and coordination is made easier by integrated voice chat (no 3rd party apps needed - even on mobile you can VC with others).  With a good team, however, this isn't even necessary: you just know where you are supposed to be and count on your buddies to do the same.  There is nothing like the feeling of winning a battle hard fought with good tactics, especially when outnumbered.

Manufacturing takes a high degree of coordination; I'm getting an M.B.A. and I can see how supply chain management plays a role in this virtual world: people actually become successful virtual business people by making the right connections, controlling the right resources, etc.  It's pretty epic.

Not a lot of people play at the moment compared to some other, more mainstream MMOs (WoW, for example), however, there is a real chance to get to know people on a deep level and carve out a name.  The gameplay depth is more longitudinal than horizontal: it may take a while to get into, but nowhere else have I found such a meaningful virtual existence.  It probably exists in Eve, but I prefer Vendetta because of the Physics-based combat with 6DOF, among other things.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    I wouldnt do darkfall. Community is garbage in general. The market is rather stale ATM awaiting some new games to arrive. Most are themepark games, that most grow bored of in a month. Lotro has alot of content, and I am sure there is some good raiding if youre into that kind of thing, but I am not sure how the playerbase is these days or if its "que up for dungeon" mode now. Vanguard as mentioned still carries some of the old school traits that most of us used to love. I wish xsyon wasnt soo buggy feeling, and had a team building it, could be very fun.