Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioshock: Infinite Review - Rev3 games

jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

One of my favorite video games reviewers Adam Sessler has just released his Review of Bioshock: Infinite with Rev 3 games and it couldnt have been more perfectly articulated and compelling! Sessler's style of flowy, intense reviews shines so bright on a game that truely deserves praise for its uniqueness and originality. For anyone who hasnt played the game, or someone thats on the fence, or even just a fan of the game looking for something to talk about, please watch this review!

The Review

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Thought the game was ok, didn't really appeal to me though, just got bored of playing it after a coupel hours. I wasn't really drawn into the story it felt too much like Bioshock and not it's own thing and I thought the combat was shit. I also don't get why every NPC looks the same, just reminded me of Half-Life back in 1998 with all the scientists. 
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by tixylix
    Thought the game was ok, didn't really appeal to me though, just got bored of playing it after a coupel hours. I wasn't really drawn into the story it felt too much like Bioshock and not it's own thing and I thought the combat was shit. I also don't get why every NPC looks the same, just reminded me of Half-Life back in 1998 with all the scientists. 

I don't understand....

because they are both about failed utopian societies? 

Because the setting, time and theme is completely different.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Zorgo

I don't understand....

The whole setup of the game just felt like Bioshock barely evolved, even the whole opening was exactly the same.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

I don't understand....

The whole setup of the game just felt like Bioshock barely evolved, even the whole opening was exactly the same.

That's because it is Bioshock.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

I don't understand....

That's because it is Bioshock.

Agreed. Because its Bioshock is the reason I like it so much. If it was its own thing then it would not be bioshock. Like saying FarCry 3 is to much like FarCry, or Crysis 3 is to Crisisy lol

Fantastic game IMO

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Im glad that a lot of the gameplay elements are the same as the first 3 bioshocks but im not gonna say like those other posters that everything is exactly the same because it isnt.  The first 3 you didnt have a partner supporting you through the game with her own set of powers and finding ammo and money for you and even healing you.  In the first 3 you didnt go on rail rides and using that also to fight bad guys likie ambushing them.  These are great new added features to the series but how can you see the difference if you only played 2 hours of it and quit such as the poster said a few post above.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I don't understand....

The mechanics of it do feel like Bioshock, I can't argue with that, but I put that down to it being a Bioshock game....

What kind of doofus bought this and thought it wouldn't be like Bioshock?

The story thing Tixylix mentions is valid though.. if it dosen't connect it dosen't connect. Everyone is different. I am loving it personally. Two hours is a very short time though to judge the story on.

'The combat is shit' statment is childish and deserves to be just discarded as worthless.

My review so far is that it's a great game with engaging characters and a compelling story that is unfolding at a nice pace. I love Columbia (not as much as I love Rapture, but I LOVE Rapture) and the combat is crisp and challenging. I like it a lot. 8/10

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    And the story is very different because it has to do with parrallel dimensions and a little time travel, a lot of quantum mechanics.  I beat the game and the ending blew my mind.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I love it how a guy gives his honest opinion of the game and gets attacked by raging zealots. Classic.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Best FPS ever made.image

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    It's frigging brilliant game of the year easy imo,defines a new era for AI as Liz is amazeing and one really surreal moment there is a bit where Booker picks up a guitar and strums a tune,then liz starts to sing as she sings a lad crawls out and takes an orange as he's starveing then after it just stops, no explanation then contimues if nothing has happened moments like that define a great game.
    p>
  • whodisoneguywhodisoneguy Member UncommonPosts: 1

I really wanted to like this game but the whole save game feature has ruined it for me.

I played roughly 2 1/2 hours and the whole checkpoint save (no manual save, no save & quit) while annoying was "passable" or so I thought. I have a son who also wanted to play the game so I let him as I have been sick the last 3 days or so I haven't done much of anything but lay in bed and rest. Which leads me to today I load up the game and of course I can't continue because that will start off from his last game so I goto this "load chapter" thing and all the available options are his games since all of them are from 3/29 and the last I played was on 3/28. So I have 2 options play his game....yeah right why would I do that and miss out on several hours of the game or restart and have to replay the first 2 1/2 hours of the game and also in turn ruin his saves.

I don't want to do either of those so at this point in time the game will sit there unplayed and myself pretty pissed about the idiotic save game feature that was included in this game.