Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worth coming back

glissonglisson Member Posts: 30

I used to play this until about year and a few months ago, stopped a little bit after c1 came out. I had 3 chars in the 40 range a shilien elder an artisan and a scout i think ? (the light elf archer class) I was thinking of activating my account again because honestly im bored to tears.

Reasons for quitting, got access to wow beta and decided to try something else. Biggest turn offs for me were the rampart farmers

now after playing wow to the point i cant stand it anymore im looking for something else. Wow is to easy after getting 4 chars to 60 and beating every mob in the game its just not fun im looking for something that i can enjoy again for a least a few months until something comes along.

My question for you that still play it is it possible to start over and still have fun. Also do you need 2 chars to do anything or is it possible to level with only one char without chain SS spam? And last for those of you still playing it or playing it again how is it now compared to when i quit (are there still alot of farmers do they still cause problems or can you enjoy the game and ignore them)

edit: also can you still download the client i remember my old login info but not sure i still have my cds

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

I have been playing for about a month and a half so I am far from the voice of authority but I think this game is a victim of bad PR and a bad reputation. Especially on this site (mmorpg.com) which is infested with L2 haters most of which never played the game or played it over a year ago.

I would suggest you go to the official forums and take a look. (really any other forums besides this one for L2) I think you will see this is a very active game that most players enjoy (as opposed to SWG which appears to be attempting destroy its player base every 6 months)

I haven't run into any farmers yet so I can't comment on how many there are now these days, I run into way more in WoW as that game is infested with farmers.

I don't need a second character to do anything, I usually group with guildies (I don't believe in outlaying extra money to enjoy a game) I do however, ignore my own advice, and spend lots and lots of money (in the form of adena) on SS but thats because I'm inpatient.

From what I understand, the game is not the same as it was in C1. I never played in C1 so I cant really say.

You can download the client on the official site.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Well.. the game is the same and different.

Same in that there is still a grind, money is always an issue... still farmers around

but, different in that you have the manor system, subclass system (still have to get your character to lvl 75 in order to do a subclass and that subclass is just another class started at lvl 40).

there is another chronicle coming up so there will be a lot of high lvl content added with that.

The new player areas are a bit light because the game has been out for a bit but a lot of people still play... 3 of the servers are usually full (though there is conjecture that that is because of the farmer base).

Nevertheless, there are a lot of good things and bad things.

However.. if grinding the same mobs in wow was boring to you you might want to rethink L2. The grind is easier then it was back when, but it is still hard.

I get .02 % per kill at lvl 67. Another clannie is 68 and says that he gets .01.

Still there are ways around that like AOE groups.

You will just have to try it for yourself.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo