Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30 minutes of gameplay - complete with questgivers with yellow exclamation marks

124»

Comments

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

Personally, almost every time I see game footage I'm thinking X in WildStar looks a whole lot like Y in WoW, and IMO that could wind up being an unfortunate distraction for some players as they decide whether it's a game for them.  Then again, for almost every MMORPG out there, there's probably somebody who thinks it looks "just like WoW", so it is very subjective.

Ultimately, IMO, the visual similarities that many people here and elsewhere do see will put a much greater emphasis on differentiating itself and delivering in other aspects of the game right off the bat.  There are reasons to be hopeful, but it's still a early to know for certain yet.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by Rednecksith
    Looks halfway decent to me. Sadly I won't be playing because I'm pretty much done with MMORPGs.

Its so sad no.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Laedermasken

I hate that the monsters show where they are Going to hit with large colorored spots . 

Looks horrible! And makes it too Easy imo you can avoid every attack just by looking at the circles and spots .

Graphicswise it looks cool but generic .

Yeah, biggest turn off for me at this point. I really hope they remove that crap.

I want to look at the enemy not the ground, it also trivializes the combat.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    Originally posted by acidblood

And if you really don't like ! quests you can PvP your way to level cap.

Yes, if you enjoy instanced PvP. I do not. In fact, I've grown to hate it. I was hoping they'd have world PvP objectives, but I read the interview on ZAM and they're not going to have any world PvP at all (other than the random ganking that will happen on PvP servers, which can be fun, but should not be the basis of your world PvP). Probably my own fault for expecting WildStar to be much different from WoW.

Oh well, I've got my eye on TESO, which has the type of PvP I'm looking for.

You do know ESO pvp is instanced too right? There will be mutiple instances of the pvp zone it is a mega server after all.http://www.keenandgraev.com/2013/03/20/ruin-3-faction-mmo-pvp <-- he sums it up pretty nicely.

Edit: Anyways to wildstar looks very fun to me and just now caught my eye really.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Punk999
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    Originally posted by acidblood

And if you really don't like ! quests you can PvP your way to level cap.

Yes, if you enjoy instanced PvP. I do not. In fact, I've grown to hate it. I was hoping they'd have world PvP objectives, but I read the interview on ZAM and they're not going to have any world PvP at all (other than the random ganking that will happen on PvP servers, which can be fun, but should not be the basis of your world PvP). Probably my own fault for expecting WildStar to be much different from WoW.

Oh well, I've got my eye on TESO, which has the type of PvP I'm looking for.

You do know ESO pvp is instanced too right? There will be mutiple instances of the pvp zone it is a mega server after all.http://www.keenandgraev.com/2013/03/20/ruin-3-faction-mmo-pvp <-- he sums it up pretty nicely.

Edit: Anyways to wildstar looks very fun to me and just now caught my eye really.

TESO is instanced PvP BUT they have stated the keep sieges and all are hundreds vs. hundreds so pretyt damn massive.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Broomy

I am giving it a whirl.  Yes, it does look like WOW but that isnt a problem for me, I always loved the ageless graphics of WOW.  what really gets me though is the combat!  After playing GW2 and TERA, I am hooked on action combat and if its that good in WS they have my money.  Also the game has some awesome features: Townbuilding, player housing, seize and capture events....its all too good to pass up.  Definitely giving it a try.

Same here.  WoW's Art was never one of my dissapointing features even though I Wildstar doesn't look anything like it since WoW's characters are more blocky and has less pixels whereas Wildstar's obviously have more deatail and polish yet stil lcartoony so I can see why people would see the resembalnce but that still is not an issue.

What was an issure for me was the Sci-Fi setting, little did I know this features melee characters with big swords so it still has that fantasy vibe to go along with it.  Plus even though I hate raiding I think upping raids to 40 mans will harken back to old school Vanilla WoW which is still the only time I ever enjoyed raiding in an MMO.  But for me the big sell was the housing, I absolutely love player housing as it adds so much replayability in an MMO for a casual person. 

Def can't wait to try the beta and I have done a 180 on my previous concerns about the game.  Def going to keep watch.

Funny thing is, the guy who heads the studio was actually one of the main developers of Asheron's Call and that is what got me interested in the game.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!