Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So its rumerd FFXIV ARR will have trains, along with the airships, ferry, but still missin something

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

I think back at one final fantasy game in perticular, ff 7, and remember at one time in that game you get to pilot a Submarine.

Wouldn't it be awsome if they added submarines to travel in this game. Im not saying have us pilot them, just ride them from one city to another in an instanced like area. Even FFXI has ferries and airships and thats 10 years old...

They could make a cool CS that would show the submarine submerging into the water, while screen fades away then load the instance area. The instance could be like one big room with windows all around it, where you could see schools of fish and sharks, and other sea creatures.

They could even add something like an NM to fight underwater, that was in FF7 aswell, I'm thinkin Leviathan. Could implement something like while your traveling on the submarine, occasionally leviathan would ram into the sub and cause it to shake, and everyone on it could run to a special area the fight the NM.

Just some ideas i've had in my head for while, wonder if that would be posible to implement?

Comments

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

I'd be all for underwater travel if there were some content designed for it, kinda like that underwater reactor in FF7.  The original FF jumps out at me with the underwater ruins with Kraken.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Yeah, but a part of travel is dangers of getting attacked by monsters or pirates and stuff. In a submarine, what's there to attack you?
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Well when Yoshi was asked about swimming, he said they are considering putting it in but want content designed for it before they do.
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Oh man ff7 was great, think I might dust off the disk.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    Yeah, but a part of travel is dangers of getting attacked by monsters or pirates and stuff. In a submarine, what's there to attack you?

leviathan ,kraken ,lots of sea monsters to choose from :P

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193

It would be awsome if you're just taking a ship to another city and this happens :O

• BegaTasyBegaTasy Member UncommonPosts: 32

I can still remember the first time in FFXI when I was on ferry, an the pirates showed up... I ran downstairs with 4 pirates in tow yelling to the guys in hold

"Hey guys, look what I found!!"..... yer, didnt end well.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Lol yeah I remember that also blackbeard boarded I was like cool , then was like crap can someone raise me in Salbina at the boat docks lol

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    OMG please please that would complete my life, and the fact that it's an FF series that can JUMP!!!!
  • redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220

I don't think the City-States of Eorzea are at a sufficient technological level to have a submarine, unless it was a very primitive balloon-based vessel. 

I do, however, see the Garlean Empire possibly having such technology. It is known that Garleans cannot use magic, and instead take teh source of magic (Aetheryte) and process it into Ceruleum, which they use to power their magitek. Yes, magitek like the kind from ff6. :) 

The Garleans have flying aiships and trains and such, and even the Magitek armor. SO I can see them having submarine technology. 

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by redcloud16

I don't think the City-States of Eorzea are at a sufficient technological level to have a submarine, unless it was a very primitive balloon-based vessel. 

I do, however, see the Garlean Empire possibly having such technology. It is known that Garleans cannot use magic, and instead take teh source of magic (Aetheryte) and process it into Ceruleum, which they use to power their magitek. Yes, magitek like the kind from ff6. :) 

The Garleans have flying aiships and trains and such, and even the Magitek armor. SO I can see them having submarine technology. 

One of the main NPCs of the story is assisting the Eorzean Alliance and was a top engineer from the Garlean Empire, so I figure he'd have the know-how to do it.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by WellzyC

Oh man ff7 was great, think I might dust off the disk.

you might want to check this

http://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=250845500#.UVNORFebXqJ

Here the new features they add with this release:

The RPG classic FINAL FANTASY VII returns to PC, now with brand new online features!

? Achievements – Whether you’re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan.'

? Cloud Saves – If you’re away from home or simply using a different computer to play, enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII wherever you are. With cloud save support in FINAL FANTASY VII you can continue your game progress right where you left off (Requires Internet Connection. Saves can only be transferred between a maximum of 3 computers at any one time).

? Character Booster – Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

? Optimized for PC – FINAL FANTASY VII has been updated to support the latest hardware and Windows Operating Systems.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    For the op, the sub-marine is a good idea, it could be a way to get to an underwater old mistic ruins city or something.
  • redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    Originally posted by redcloud16

One of the main NPCs of the story is assisting the Eorzean Alliance and was a top engineer from the Garlean Empire, so I figure he'd have the know-how to do it.

Oh, yea! Cid! If anyone could do it, he could :P Lamost forgot about him!, THank you.