Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

expansion

so they are adding a single planet and asking 20 dollars for that,doesnt that sound a little expensive, because the other atuff like a bit of story and an i stance seems to    b elong to that planet

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Well i would love it if they give it to me for free...but then pigs will fly and world will come to an  end. lol

But no seriously i think price is fine because it is a content update and not a proper expansion which usually goes for 40 or more bucks.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

It's a single planet plus an increase of the storyline, plus an increase to the level cap, plus an increase in flashpoints, plus an increase in warzones, plus an increase in gear, plus a change to the skill system, plus an increase in pets,holos and achievements....

Yeah $20.00 sounds about right. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I can buy whole games on Steam for 20 bucks.  EA keeps on'a cash grabbin'...
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    This again?  This was horse was beaten to death and turned into glue months ago.

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224

Your not getting just the planet, your getting new hardmode dungeons, new raids, achievements, new skills, new PVP and PVE gear, class changes and PVP changes, raised level cap, and Makeb is bringing new different types of missions and JUMPING PUZZLES

Check out the Datacron Jumping Puzzle, it took this player 12 minutes to get it. ( and it wasn't her first try)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qGxtVzRqXaw

Here is a video of the cool new missions their introducing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PuzojCoB5FA

But overall, this is more of a DLC (but a pretty big one)

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    If you looking for SWTOR to be like SWG, its never gonna happen! but its a great game if you dont compare it.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by velmax

Your not getting just the planet, your getting new hardmode dungeons, new raids, achievements, new skills, new PVP and PVE gear, class changes and PVP changes, raised level cap, and Makeb is bringing new different types of missions and JUMPING PUZZLES

Check out the Datacron Jumping Puzzle, it took this player 12 minutes to get it. ( and it wasn't her first try)

That was a pretty cool puzzle.  Would be a lot easier if you could actually use flying vehicles, beyond just flying taxi's on rails.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Well i would love it if they give it to me for free...but then pigs will fly and world will come to an  end. lol

But no seriously i think price is fine because it is a content update and not a proper expansion which usually goes for 40 or more bucks.

Oh dear, it looks like STO will cause pigs to fly and the world to end, as their expansion is FREE, being first announced in March and then released May, only 2 months later.  Thats the way to do it! Not June 2012 and then April 2013, 10 months later and has a price

Content updates should be free

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by superniceguy

Somewhere, an EA exec read this and went "LOL".

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Not enough content for 20 bucks. I think subscribers get it for 10 buck + 15 of the month = 35 lol..... definitelly not enough content for the price.

Like Eir_S said, too many full games for that price on steam (and for less on sale).

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

Yep. Thats how they want it. And i feel so sorry for people who still play the game.

take away SW IP there`s nothing in a game to look at........ Thats tells the story.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    If you looking for SWTOR to be like SWG, its never gonna happen! but its a great game if you dont compare it.

FINE. Then I hope Bioware enjoys the continuing shitstorm for their Wannabe Star Wars MMO.

Sure, who needs freedom in an MMO anyway. As long as some remaining subscribers enjoy the linear railroad track through static planets with 46 alts and legacy level 5000, spending money on the cash shop, everything is great in EA-Land.

"It's a great game - if you don't compare it to SWG" - cool, quote of the day.

This will go down in history:

SWTOR  -> forever in SWG's shadow. Big footsteps Bioware was incapable to fill.

SWG -> the Sandbox MMO which got shut down in favor of a linear, static Star Wars Themepark named SWTOR

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Most expansions are boxed and cost $40 to $50. This one is an online download, and goes for $10. Not a bad deal.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by superniceguy

Somewhere, an EA exec read this and went "LOL".

hehe, funny....true but funny.

Anyways, i stopped buying EA games since they ripped me off with Dirt 3......bought the game for about 40€ and then they ask me ingame to buy their cars is a single player racing game......too greedy for my taste.

Thats like asking 20€ for a mount in an MMO......oh wait.....doh...

It all seems normal to buy content these days but i aint playing that greed game anymore unless its PURE cosmetics like GW2 and POE.

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by ktanner3

It's a single planet plus an increase of the storyline, plus an increase to the level cap, plus an increase in flashpoints, plus an increase in warzones, plus an increase in gear, plus a change to the skill system, plus an increase in pets,holos and achievements....

Yeah $20.00 sounds about right. 

So it is just 1 planet :)

Why do you lie?

You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT GET get recycled flashpoints or operation.

Class changes and PvP changes should have happened long time ago, besides everyone gets those, not just ones that buy the this content patch.

Everyone gets achievements.

So you get 1 planet, 1 zone and unwarranted level cap raise to make sure you cant go on if you dont dish out 20/25$ :)

Originally posted by Ahnog
    Most expansions are boxed and cost $40 to $50. This one is an online download, and goes for $10. Not a bad deal.

Its 20/25$. So its pretty damn expensive for a conrtent patch thats just one zone since proper expansions are 30-40$ for other games and contain 5-6 times more content (no instances included, with that even more).

Its a ripoff in EAs way.

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

Well, this is news to me since I hadn't really been paying too much attention to the game. I thought only the preorder and early access+perks was $10, but f2p folks would still get the content... eventually. This, along with the artifact-level restrictions, really drives home the fact that the game is not f2p, but simply a free trial. 

How do other games that have converted to f2p like tera, aion, lotro, etc. handle expansions? Is end-game content restricted as a norm? Regardless, the fact that you can't even reach max level without paying money seems to sound the death knell for their f2p-model. It might have been a joke before, somewhat do-able after paying for one-time unlocks, but now it's not even an option.

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Truth is this expansion is a waste of time in my opinion, I am a current subscriber and will probably quit  before it releases, I dont care to lvl the 50s ive spent countless hours getting the best PvP gear on, developers need to make enough content on release and do free updates, they need a new class because i can tell you the current ones are getting all to dull.

Mystery Bounty

• casual187casual187 Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

I think you mean black will become  up, white will become east, dogs will lie with blood.  image

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

big expansions,,like wow or Gw, i have no problems paying full box price for that

and i also feel, that the longer intervals payed off

yes we would wait a lot longer for changes,,but the changes was much bigger, when they finally did happen

the smaller updates just feel like upgraded patches, a new quest here and there, but nothing extraordinary