Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear Vanguard, it's time we break up.

MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
It's me not you. Well actually it is you. I've tried to look past your flaws but I can't pretend any more. I'm just not happy. You played me (ok I played you, but whatever). You were fun at first but then you kept resetting my zones, deleting my quest items and your quests were just impossible with no mobs to fight. Basically impossible to level. It's over. You were given more than one chance.

Sincerely,

Your former lover.

Comments

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

I got to the restaurant right before she got there to see what she was REALLY like.

1. She hogged a piece of cake (system memory).
    2. She was pretty but you could tell something wasn't quite right about her.
    3. She Bitchslapped a waiter and he dropped a tray (crached my system on the 1st launch).
    4. I had a friend that went out with her (played Vanguard) and told me about how she's cool, but kinda not worth paying for her dinner (sub fees).
    I quietly slipped out of the restaurant before she even knew I was there, thus missing what I believe to be a bad date.
  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    dunno what your saying. This game is buggy to all hell, but is easy to level up, easy to find mobs, easy to find quests.Only thing you have to worry about is if the mobs are stuck and will stay forever in reset mode if they move.
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

dunno what you are saying but i went back like allmost everyone did who once was there, logged my cleric , approached a bandits try to use my skills but no matter what i did , i still died and bandit was left with 90% health.

maybe it was bad day for game , maybe it was a bad day for me but nevertheless didnt have a time for that and could not be bothered to start over a new character to maybe get into it again so my time with comeback was very short.

• birkenbirken Member Posts: 122
    I would have to say you are really bad at the game. Or that it was a mob that was link to a quest where u had to unlock his protection to kill him, seen that.  It is a great game people will complain casue it not a easy game and take skills. Good luck find any good mmorpg other than vanguard.
  • mrbungle419mrbungle419 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Game is a soulless piece of trash.  Vanguard has been worked on by 4 different development teams (maybe more) all with their own idea of how to make a game.  Now the game is just filled with different ideas that don't mesh well together, the lore was pretty much applied after the fact to try and make an interesting world (and failed) and the post 50 content is some of the least imaginative content I've ever seen in any game. Their F2P model even hurt the community, the one thing VG always had going for it.  

I left VG about 8-9 months after release and came back often, sometimes just for a week, sometimes for longer, but after the F2P I removed it from my harddrive.  Game just isn't any good at all.  There isn't one thing I could point to that enjoy about the game outside of things that were there day 1, graphics, classes, races, starter zones (not isle).

Originally posted by mrbungle419

Game is a soulless piece of trash.  Vanguard has been worked on by 4 different development teams (maybe more) all with their own idea of how to make a game.  Now the game is just filled with different ideas that don't mesh well together, the lore was pretty much applied after the fact to try and make an interesting world (and failed) and the post 50 content is some of the least imaginative content I've ever seen in any game. Their F2P model even hurt the community, the one thing VG always had going for it.  

I left VG about 8-9 months after release and came back often, sometimes just for a week, sometimes for longer, but after the F2P I removed it from my harddrive.  Game just isn't any good at all.  There isn't one thing I could point to that enjoy about the game outside of things that were there day 1, graphics, classes, races, starter zones (not isle).

? what game were u playing because after F2P the game is playable. And using the argument of 4 different development teams means nothing. Everquest is on its 19th expansion and I'm sure there has been multiple dev teams for that game. The issue with vanguard and reason why i hated it and called it trash until F2P was you had to pay for it and they hadn't fixed anything. Well most of the issues that plagued my system have been fixed and i play on max settings with only 2 instances of lagging over a course of playing pretty hardcore over a month.

As for post 50 support and content is because everyone FLED the game. only a few dedicated people stayed. So F2P model will have to succeed for any new content period. So far medium population on Telon at all hours and can only get better because the game is addicting because you can do anything you want.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

? what game were u playing because after F2P the game is playable. And using the argument of 4 different development teams means nothing. Everquest is on its 19th expansion and I'm sure there has been multiple dev teams for that game. The issue with vanguard and reason why i hated it and called it trash until F2P was you had to pay for it and they hadn't fixed anything. Well most of the issues that plagued my system have been fixed and i play on max settings with only 2 instances of lagging over a course of playing pretty hardcore over a month.

As for post 50 support and content is because everyone FLED the game. only a few dedicated people stayed. So F2P model will have to succeed for any new content period. So far medium population on Telon at all hours and can only get better because the game is addicting because you can do anything you want.

Well you would have to ask if the game was so great why did everyone leave? Its the same scenario replayed over and over again in various games on various forums. Game X is great but it's dead. Ryzom, SWG and countless others.

Could it be thats it's not great but you like it and because of that you can deal with it's many flaws?

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Mdpats
    It's me not you. Well actually it is you. I've tried to look past your flaws but I can't pretend any more. I'm just not happy. You played me (ok I played you, but whatever). You were fun at first but then you kept resetting my zones, deleting my quest items and your quests were just impossible with no mobs to fight. Basically impossible to level. It's over. You were given more than one chance. Sincerely, Your former lover.

They never gave us back our 2 faction server.  That was a fun fun game then.  Merging us with Tharridon Free for All killed the server completely.  I'll come back with 10 people in a heartbeat if we get our server back.

Originally posted by GreenHell
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

Well you would have to ask if the game was so great why did everyone leave? Its the same scenario replayed over and over again in various games on various forums. Game X is great but it's dead. Ryzom, SWG and countless others.

Could it be thats it's not great but you like it and because of that you can deal with it's many flaws?

Hell no i hated the damn game and quit it. I was a sucker who purchased the game at launch and was plagued by its flaws and bashed everyone on these forums here who loved the game. With the game going F2P I have given the game a 2nd chance and the results have been great. And the game had to  have a certain following to keep it afloat. SWG and Game X didnt and they closed those doors. With F2P your getting a free option to play any class, any race, have 1 house, can wear armor up to blue. So that means you can craft blue armors and weps. All free. Where is the problem? Just because you cant play PVP no more? There is no reason to hate VG no more. So get over your grudge and choose to play or not play, You will still have the same amount of money either way.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by birken
    I would have to say you are really bad at the game. Or that it was a mob that was link to a quest where u had to unlock his protection to kill him, seen that.  It is a great game people will complain casue it not a easy game and take skills. Good luck find any good mmorpg other than vanguard.

how the F do you figure vanguard of all games takes player skill and isnt easy???? Its one of the easiest mmorpgs out there. Hell even EQ2 has more complexitiy to its encounters...... Vanguard is stand still with a mob wacking at you watch your stam , watch your health and spam your skills . This is about the most Zero skill game out there , its not like it even takes skills for reactionaries as you get a nice big box flash when you can use those to telling you how to play.... hell even DAOC back in the day had those and you didnt get a box you had to watch combat animations.....

Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by birken

how the F do you figure vanguard of all games takes player skill and isnt easy???? Its one of the easiest mmorpgs out there. Hell even EQ2 has more complexitiy to its encounters...... Vanguard is stand still with a mob wacking at you watch your stam , watch your health and spam your skills . This is about the most Zero skill game out there , its not like it even takes skills for reactionaries as you get a nice big box flash when you can use those to telling you how to play.... hell even DAOC back in the day had those and you didnt get a box you had to watch combat animations.....

thats every top mmo out there now. Zero skill if you put it in terms like that.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I had a brand new top of the line computer when VG launched, and didn't have many problems with the things that people were going crazy about, so it seems odd that people say it has all these problems now, as probably most people playing now have a better or equal computer now, and they have improved things.

I never had many problems, I left after they announced they were no longer going to support pvp, and the server became a ghost town.  Other than that, I thought VG was a great game....Just felt like they were taking away a portion of the game when that happend, and SOE commitment was in question and proved to be low.

It had nice crafting/harvesting, PvE was good, PvP wasn't great, but was fun...World was big, starting continents could of been done better for when they did have the faction/team PvP server (before it all went FFA).  2 were big, and 1 continent was pretty small in comparisson (sure it was the last one being worked on and pushed out with the game).

If VG had only had better support, I think it could of really took off, but SOE waited too long imo, it always seemed like they weren't thrilled with owning it.  I had always wished someone would of bought it from them and gave it the attention it needed.

Even with all it's problems, and age, it is much better than most mmos out now imo.