Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow. Friend just recommended this game to me a few days ago. Lots of fun!

VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
Good time. Standard plane on plane dog fighting but through into ground and sea targets as objectives for friendlly players in bombers, dive bombers, and torpedo bombers to take out. Good times.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
Subscription = Actual content updates!

Comments

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    I can't believe how good this game is and some of worst mmo's i ever saw waste on this site 100X more space
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

It was good...

The new patch that's trying to push people into realistic battles kind of killed it for me. the game was a blast just doing arcade mode. Ramming was an issue and a lack of a real matchmaker made the odd battle kind of lame but all in all it was fun.

Now ramming is out of hand and most planes have their wings pop off if anyone even looks at you.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Yes fun stuff in WarThunder ever try Rise of Flight?

http://riseofflight.com/en

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by DamonVile

It was good... and most planes have their wings pop off if anyone even looks at you.

Quit doing 9G turns wih planes designed for 4G wingloads problem solved.

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Came here with the intention of starting a similiar thread. A friend of mine encouraged me to try out the game and I am having so much fun.. this game is insane and addictive. At least to me because I have never played any games revolving around airplanes. 

Plus this game got some really nice features, e.g. 6 Nations with different tech trees, being able to train your crew in different ways and upgrading your airplane with different weaponsets.

Additonally they are planning on adding ground units.

Just try it out :P

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

The cynic in me says... i hope you got paied. But to be honest this is way to badly done for that.

But here is a hint from someone who knows. If you are trying to sell a game... At least try to paint a pretty picture. All i know now is that it have airplanes that loose it's wings if you turn to sharply... And that is not enought to make my funnybone happy.

This have been a good conversation

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189

This game is realy awsome, but i just wondering why this game isnt got more publicity what it deserve?

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by tawess

The cynic in me says... i hope you got paied. But to be honest this is way to badly done for that.

But here is a hint from someone who knows. If you are trying to sell a game... At least try to paint a pretty picture. All i know now is that it have airplanes that loose it's wings if you turn to sharply... And that is not enought to make my funnybone happy.

not just wings, crew, engine...etc. dont forget, its still beta, and every time evolve, historical battles just started to working realy good, better mach make than before, still need some improvement, but beta, so acceptable.

I say, give it a try, maybe you got addicted like me when you play a little.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

I also tried this game.

After download and install, I launch the game and click "sign up" on the login screen. I never received an email with my password and it tried to re-run the launcher and reinstall the game.

Ok, so I go to warthunder.com, click Log In, then select "I can't sign in" on the Welcome Pilot pop up. I got redirected to a page about something called "Star Conflict".

Fine, maybe I entered my email address incorrectly, so I try to recreate my account using my email address. I get an error saying that email address is already in use. So, I go back to the site and this time select "Reset Password". I finally get an email with my new password.

I'm finally able to login, and I'm hoping flying the plane is going to be a lot easier than logging into the game. My hopes were dashed the instant I began the tutorial. Trying to fly the plane with my mouse was awful, absolutely dreadful. I turned down the sensitivity in a few areas in the mouse control options, and that seemed to help but only a little. I was able to eventually ram one of the two planes that I'm supposed to shoot down. Maybe I will try getting through the tutorial again later tonight.

I admit that I don't have any experience with flying games, but I was able to download, install, and begin playing another air combat game with no problems. I didn't need any tutorials or practice against bots. I just logged in, picked a plane, and BAM... got into battle and killed one ground target and one air target before I got shot down in my first battle with other players. The mouse and keyboard controls worked great.

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by BitterClinger

I also tried this game.

After download and install, I launch the game and click "sign up" on the login screen. I never received an email with my password and it tried to re-run the launcher and reinstall the game.

Ok, so I go to warthunder.com, click Log In, then select "I can't sign in" on the Welcome Pilot pop up. I got redirected to a page about something called "Star Conflict".

Fine, maybe I entered my email address incorrectly, so I try to recreate my account using my email address. I get an error saying that email address is already in use. So, I go back to the site and this time select "Reset Password". I finally get an email with my new password.

I'm finally able to login, and I'm hoping flying the plane is going to be a lot easier than logging into the game. My hopes were dashed the instant I began the tutorial. Trying to fly the plane with my mouse was awful, absolutely dreadful. I turned down the sensitivity in a few areas in the mouse control options, and that seemed to help but only a little. I was able to eventually ram one of the two planes that I'm supposed to shoot down. Maybe I will try getting through the tutorial again later tonight.

I admit that I don't have any experience with flying games, but I was able to download, install, and begin playing another air combat game with no problems. I didn't need any tutorials or practice against bots. I just logged in, picked a plane, and BAM... got into battle and killed one ground target and one air target before I got shot down in my first battle with other players. The mouse and keyboard controls worked great.

That "other" game is dreadful compared to War Thunder.

The only thing you should have clicked at start for controls are icons for mouse+keyboard and "classic".

That would put you into "mouse aim" mode which is the easiest mode for mouse players in any air combat game I have ever tried.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Originally posted by DamonVile

It was good... and most planes have their wings pop off if anyone even looks at you.

Quit doing 9G turns wih planes designed for 4G wingloads problem solved.

But it's funnnn...