Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My impressions on Guild Missions.

observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I finally tried one last night (yeah i know, i'm late to the party), and i found it fun.

I joined a guild around a week ago, but rarely logged in until last night.  Someone in the guild announced they were going to start the bounty event.  So all the guildies were waiting impatiently, then it started, and everyone started using the waypoints that were linked in chat.  I suppose we needed to find the NPC (named Boots i think), by scouting the zone, but i'm not sure exactly how it works.  In any case, someone found him and linked the waypoint, but me and others didn't have the waypoint, so we had to run up north from another one, then we finally arrived.

When i got there, the NPC was at around 75% health, but others in chat were still on their way, so the guild (and others not guilded) stopped dps'ing so others could reach him before he dies (he was around 20% by this time).

Anyway, he dies and we all get a chest, and i think it's only one per week and one per bounty.  I realized this when there was a second bounty we went to, and i didn't get a chest.  I was confused at first though, since i didn't know a guild could start two bounties back to back.

I thought it was actually fun and finally gave guilds a purpose.  The loot was actually decent, but i didn't really feel rewarded, since this NPC was so easy to kill, and the zerg tactics also made it easy too.  Hopefully A-net makes them more challenging than that one.

I wasn't aware of any alerts or countdown timers either.  It would be nice to have something alert guildies with a timer, and which zone (if they are in game, i didnt notice).  I also think that waypoints lessen the experience with these and makes them trivial.  There's a 15 minute time limit to kill the NPC too, but with waypoints and a zerg, it makes it too easy.

Anyway, i was bored this morning and thought i would share my experience. lol.

Comments

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

The dulfy guild mission guides are a must, especially for guild bounties.  Guide here.

Another tip your guild can try is to send people out and find the mobs before you start the mission.   All NPC's are permanent in the world and can be found along a given path.  Doing this will help out a smaller guild do higher tier Guild Bounties.

Most champs have some sort of gimmick or mechanic that speeds the fight along if you know them.

Hope this helps some.

EDIT:  Obviously, having a character with world completion helps out a lot too.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

There are what... 14?  I believe 14 different NPCs you could possibly be sent to kill.  You don't know which it is.  ... and a guild bounty is =2= NPCs.  3 for higher level, 5 for max level guild bounty.

It would totally be impossible for even the biggest of guilds to kill 5 different targets in 15 minutes without waypoints.  It'd take more than 15 minutes just to run from one map to another, much less if you find out they're literally on the other side of the world from where you are.

If your guild can do 2 NPCs that easily, they should try to kill 5. It'll force you to split up into multiple taskforces to beat all 5 in the 15 minute limit.

• KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173

I'll hijack your thread a bit :)

I'm in a small guild. We have around 10 people online top. With guild missions I found this is really great tool for bringing community together. Righ now we have agreement with 2 other guilds and we do bounties together. Whenever a guild is doing bounties, the other 2 try to supply manpower, so we can successfully finish it. I was really impressed by how quickly those agreements were established. This is really interesting for me, becuase so far guilds were pretty independent and had not much incentive to work together (well maybe in WvW a bit).

Btw anyone experienced any other guild mission type apart from bounties? If you would care to share first impressions :)