Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Animated Splash Art...

i_own_ui_own_u Member UncommonPosts: 314
So I was wondering how Blizzard and Riot (and many other developers too) create the animated splash art's that they use in their promo's and website. Just curious because i'd love to learn how to do it myself. Is it an After Effects thing? Or do they animate it in flash somehow?

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    What splash art are you talking about?
  • i_own_ui_own_u Member UncommonPosts: 314
    For example, on Blizzard's new game Hearthstone. Their website has splash art at the top that has animated particle effects added to it.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Flash is really disappearing.  Not sure if a company like Blizzard would still rely on flash to do their animations and art for 2D websites.  When we are talking about games that use features that are similar to flash, those are mostly done in C# now so the developer has enough power in the language to get what they want to achieve in the game.  In websites alot of Flash elements are now done in HTML5.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

It's a WebM video running in a loop, I captured it for you.

page check what browser you have with "if" in html and will load flash, if the browser supports HTML5 it uses <video> command

I had small class in broswer, hated it.

here is the base background picture without the particles

they video uses multiple layers with transparency, alpha layer, to make the glittery and particles

Originally posted by Waterlily

It's a WebM video running in a loop, I captured it for you.

page check what browser you have with "if" in html and will load flash, if the browser supports HTML5 it uses

I had small class in broswer, hated it.

So essentially they create a video in a program like After Effects, and then embed the video onto their website to automatically load and loop? Also, it hides the scrub bar as seen in your screenshot?

They hide the bar through HTML5. You can only see the bar if you isolate the video out after saving the whole web page and finding the video embedded in a file.

How they created it you can't really tell, maybe after effects, maybe and artist made it frame by frame, no idea.

Originally posted by Waterlily

They hide the bar through HTML5. You can only see the bar if you isolate the video out after saving the whole web page and finding the video embedded in a file.

How they created it you can't really tell, maybe after effects, maybe and artist made it frame by frame, no idea.

I understand. Thanks for your help!