Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot Cancel the Subscription - WTF?

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Been subscribed to the game for the last 3-4 months, but didnt have much time to play - at all! (the perfect customer for the game companies, I guess :D)

Anyways, decided today that I should cancel my subscription for a while,

(I have been playing MMO's (and yeah, mostly payin'for em too) since 2000-2001.

I logged into my account as usual, (at least no troubles there, lol),

and clicked the Cancel Subscription button (As I have done so countless times before for other games etcatera).

I get to confirm my wish to cancel my subscription (The standard procedure)

THAN BANG!  I get returned to the main account homepage, with a message in red that reads on top; '' Failed to cancel the Enrollmen ''

Than I re-tried this like 5-6 times more, with regular intervals, but nada,, nope, cant cancel the subscription to the dang game.

THE THING IS, I think - on its own, LOTRO is actually a good game (Player housing, Mounted combat, feels a bit mature than some other fantasy MMO's and so on...)

BUT I have been playing MMO's for the last 12-13 years or so, AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME that I dont get to cancel my subscription to a multiplayer game. (ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT, as far as I can tell, this (LOTRO) is supposed to be one of the AAA titles out there lol).

A quick search on the internet shows that several other people besides me had the same problem, (If its a known issue - to a degree - than its wierd that it hasnt been fixed yet, as its directly payment/account related) and all they had to do was to call the customer support (I dont think they have a support office in EU anymore, so I guess I'll have to call em at night or something),

........Than wait in line for about 15 minutes (yeah, after all, we all know that calling the USA from Sweden is for free, right?)

Than they finally cancel your subscription....

THIS ISNT THE END OF THE WORLD, but I nevertheless expected better from a western developer with a triple-A franchise (Turbine).

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Try a different browser.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Put a few bucks (or the sweden equivalent heh) in skype, and give them a call.
  • LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Just delete your payment option.
  • KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

Sorry for sort of necroing my own thread :D

But how the heck do I delete my payment option?

When I go to ''payment method'' and its sub-categories; credit card / paypal, they are all empty, nothing to cancel or remove.

Would really appriciate any advice before having to call them.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Krelian
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

Sorry for sort of necroing my own thread :D

But how the heck do I delete my payment option?

When I go to ''payment method'' and its sub-categories; credit card / paypal, they are all empty, nothing to cancel or remove.

Would really appriciate any advice before having to call them.

if you havent already, try again using the chrome browser... image