Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Blizzard Announces HearthStone CCG Game

Comments

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by wartyxwt
    Tell you what, it'll be very interesting to see who makes the better CCG here, Notch (Scrolls/Minecraft) or Blizzard. I could get into this, card games *can* be very fun, online just means actually being able to find people to play with.

Majong or Activision....mmmmh....Really a hard choice -_-

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429

MTG is one of the coolest games I've ever played in my life. I'd love to play it on competitive level but i can't afford / refuse to pay for new cards every 3-4 months.

Blizzard has a history to take popular games, polish them and dumb them down for casuals to consume. I can't see any difference here. I've no doubt HearthStone CCG will be an AAA product, like everything else coming from Blizzard, but from me PoV HearthStone CCG vs. Magic the Gathering CCg is like MegaBloks vs. Lego.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by deniter

MTG is one of the coolest games I've ever played in my life. I'd love to play it on competitive level but i can't afford / refuse to pay for new cards every 3-4 months.

Blizzard has a history to take popular games, polish them and dumb them down for casuals to consume. I can't see any difference here. I've no doubt HearthStone CCG will be an AAA product, like everything else coming from Blizzard, but from me PoV HearthStone CCG vs. Magic the Gathering CCg is like MegaBloks vs. Lego.

To be honest... TCGs were always about having imba cards way more than strategy, and in more recent editions of MTG it even feels more so that way than ever before. Keep in mind Hearthstone is not meant to be competitive pro-scene TCG either. It's CCG (the difference between Trading Card Game and Collectible Card Game is huge in itself)  that's meant to be played for fun... I know people here seem to hate fun in pursuit of some elitist nirvana and/or climax but really, some people just want to enjoy their time playing silly vidyagames. 

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I'm actually excited about this, mostly because of the pricing model.  MTG's clunky interface and absurd prices kept me from enjoying it, and if this game gets popular, I could see myself battling other players all day long.

The one thing I'm not thrilled about is mac support over consoles, and ipad but no android.  Bliz has some strange love of apple that makes no sense.  Get with the times guys.

it is not mac support over consoles, have you looked at any blizzard game recently? they all release on Mac OS at the same time as Windows.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    btw..  who says Titan isnt just a placeholder name for the upcomming blizzard dota
  • SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Onigod
    btw..  who says Titan isnt just a placeholder name for the upcomming blizzard dota

Blizzard said so.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    WRONG ATTITUDE everyone!!! Before you entered a place like mmorpg.com how acceptable was your gaming habit to pretty much everyone you came in contact with? This looks like a welcome break from being hunched over the keyboard. It may not be your cup of tea, but its going to be someones. Hats off to blizz this is actually neat. Some of us would prefer to sit around a table and socialize thats not always an option in reality.
  • Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    If they were developing an Android version, then id be interested. As it stands im not interested in playing a CCG on my desktop.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    All this press and fuss for this.......
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    Originally posted by Ezhae
    Originally posted by deniter

To be honest... TCGs were always about having imba cards way more than strategy, and in more recent editions of MTG it even feels more so that way than ever before. Keep in mind Hearthstone is not meant to be competitive pro-scene TCG either. It's CCG (the difference between Trading Card Game and Collectible Card Game is huge in itself)  that's meant to be played for fun... I know people here seem to hate fun in pursuit of some elitist nirvana and/or climax but really, some people just want to enjoy their time playing silly vidyagames. 

I do understand it's not meant to be a professional game like MTG. It's true some single cards can win you games in MTG but strategy and deck building is still an important aspect in MTG as well as in any other CCG. I gotta admit I could be interested in this game if the game itself would be smart and needs strategy, but I've learnt these words doesn't belong to a vocabulary of Blizzards and therefore I presume it wont be fun for me.

On the other hand, if this game brings more players to competitive MTG, it's all but money wasted. :)

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

CCGs are evil.  People who don't have more money than they know what to do with should run far, run fast and never look back. 

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    So it's Legend's of Norrath?
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

One of these days, they'll give a huge workup to one of these "unveil" events..

And the gaming press will hurl their shoes or something.

Just sayin. Works in Iraq.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

Originally posted by Icewhite
    One of these days, they'll give a huge workup to one of these "unveil" events..And the gaming press will hurl their shoes or something.Just sayin. Works in Iraq.

lol Not really

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    a CCG...seriously.? Way to milk the hype of titan to sell garbage no one wants Blizzard.

It's a no brainer money spiner for the business suits who run Blizzard. Take (or should that be steal) the Magic: The Gathering and then transport it into the WoW universe. Must be a zillion deck building collectable options with which to leach money away from players. 

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Sony's been doing this with the world of Norrath with LoN for how many years now? 

It's not like they are bringing something fresh and new to the table.  Best of luck to them though.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Reskaillev
    Originally posted by wartyxwt
    Tell you what, it'll be very interesting to see who makes the better CCG here, Notch (Scrolls/Minecraft) or Blizzard. I could get into this, card games *can* be very fun, online just means actually being able to find people to play with.

Majong or Activision....mmmmh....Really a hard choice -_-

oh Activision making a CCG too?  Not sure what place that has in this blizzard thread.

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100

I get what Blizzard is doing and I can EASILY see this being popular. If for nothing else then when they start offering card packs online for $5-10 a pop with a chance at loot cards for WoW.

Not a fan of game type personally, but they are going to rake in cash when people have even a 1 in a thousand chance of getting a mount or item for MoP.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

on ur iPad?..

<.<

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Four0Six
    Online Card Game....seems kinda like an oxymoron to me.....But I know folks that play MTG online.....Yes, sometimes I think they too are morons.

LOL--Blizzard...LOL!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well this is highly underwhelming... yet another attempt to cash in on stuff from a popular franchise rather then make something new. That and its a card game with an attempt to charge for virtual booster packs...

Yeah, I've given up on blizzard making anything new that is good. Least I got to see the project Jay Wilson probably joined, it seems like his caliber. XD

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Genius. There are some WoW fanbois who will shell out tons of money for a crappy digital card game.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Having had some time to digest and think this over the game is going to be MASSIVE!, might even out do LOL in the long run in the F2P space.

It has the ultimate trinity - Blizzard + Warcraft + F2P, going to be huge, I just hope Blizzard ploughs the money it earns into bigger games.

• zekeofevzekeofev Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I'm actually excited about this, mostly because of the pricing model.  MTG's clunky interface and absurd prices kept me from enjoying it, and if this game gets popular, I could see myself battling other players all day long.

The one thing I'm not thrilled about is mac support over consoles, and ipad but no android.  Bliz has some strange love of apple that makes no sense.  Get with the times guys.

Original warcraft games were made for macintosh. Blizzard has a very very large mac fanbase due to the always simultaneous launches on both platforms. While it may not make sense to you, I have several friends whi are still blizzard fans for this sole reason. Why would you want to tick off your player base?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Blizzard always reserves their Blizzcon for big announcements.  Thinking they would out Titan at this event just shows you do not know Blizzard.