Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn mouselook off

Postal13Postal13 Member Posts: 94

Ok, so I get motion sickness quite a bit, but no game has done that to me since Quake 3. Until I played Neverwinter's beta weekend 2.

Neverwinter's graphics makes me dizzy and nauseous with mouselook on. Every little bump of the mouse turns me around somewhere else and I want to vomit.

Throught the beta weekend I'd log in and ask for help and the only response was to turn off the UI. That's fine and all for screenshots or whatever.

Have they fixed it yet so you can disable mouselook? Or should I skip this game?

Cunfushus says "Only through wasting time do we realize that time should not be wasted."

Comments

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Motion sickness is usually associated with a low FOV.
  • Postal13Postal13 Member Posts: 94
    For me, it's fast movement when other things are standing still. When at a stoplight, I can't watch cars drive by.

Cunfushus says "Only through wasting time do we realize that time should not be wasted."

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Turn off Camera shake option. It's under Gameplay - General - Camera shake.
  • Postal13Postal13 Member Posts: 94
    Thanks, folks! I wonder if it's possible to disable the mouse altogether and go just keyboard.  I'll try that this weekend.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Postal13
    Thanks, folks! I wonder if it's possible to disable the mouse altogether and go just keyboard.  I'll try that this weekend.

How are you going to aim at your target with the mouse turned off?

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Postal13

No probably not. This game is a non targeting game like all the other action combat or hybrid action combat games out there. You need to use your mouse to aim at the target and there's no getting around it. It's a core function of the game. I'd try disabling camera shake and playing around with your FoV to see if you can make it larger. You might be fine with one or both of those options.

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

would always wonder why people would want to turn ML OFF in this type of game.. hell there are plenty out there that could REALLY use mouselook but do not have it, try those instead(GW2, wildstar, etc) - you know, games that people actually create MODS for to ADD mouselook.

(When i see stuff like this, I hear 'can I please have a pair of blinders to watch a movie' or 'im going to a concert to listen to music, anyone able to give me some great earplugs?')

What you prob need to do is lower your mouse sensitivity.. A LOT. If you 'nudge' the mouse and it flips you 180deg, and you used to sweeping the mouse across your entire desk to turn 4-5 inches (or like many, used to total keyboard control because your other hand is unable to 'control' the mouse) just lower sensitivity  to one, or lower, or get a mouse with easy DPI buttons (So you can lower/increase as needed)

Getting motion sickness from 'watching cars drive by' is not something that will 'mesh' well with ANY 'action' game. Might want to see a doc about that.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

would always wonder why people would want to turn ML OFF in this type of game.. hell there are plenty out there that could REALLY use mouselook but do not have it, try those instead(GW2, wildstar, etc) - you know, games that people actually create MODS for to ADD mouselook.

(When i see stuff like this, I hear 'can I please have a pair of blinders to watch a movie' or 'im going to a concert to listen to music, anyone able to give me some great earplugs?')

What you prob need to do is lower your mouse sensitivity.. A LOT. If you 'nudge' the mouse and it flips you 180deg, and you used to sweeping the mouse across your entire desk to turn 4-5 inches (or like many, used to total keyboard control because your other hand is unable to 'control' the mouse) just lower sensitivity  to one, or lower, or get a mouse with easy DPI buttons (So you can lower/increase as needed)

Getting motion sickness from 'watching cars drive by' is not something that will 'mesh' well with ANY 'action' game. Might want to see a doc about that.

I'm sure the guy from March 2013 appreciates your advice.

Lol this forum is so dead!