Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyer Beware: Think twice before spending money on this game.

2»

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    i would really like a refund on dfuw but we are unable to get one. game is a mess and with only half the classes is a joke.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Kanester
    i would really like a refund on dfuw but we are unable to get one. game is a mess and with only half the classes is a joke.

Do a chargeback - just got the notice from AMEX I won my dispute with them on both accounts I had bought.  When you file the dispute claim software not delivered and specifically state you paid for this back in December when they stated we would have the production launch in January, then they stated February, and it is now March and still not in production.  

So that way you are not lying at all and it is using the very words posted by AV.

• trashburnintrashburnin Member Posts: 223
    I had the exact same experience with Agent Orange.  He is a disgusting person and a awful moderator who bans people for 'trolling' when really it is just honest cricism about the game.  
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by trashburnin
    I had the exact same experience with Agent Orange.  He is a disgusting person and a awful moderator who bans people for 'trolling' when really it is just honest cricism about the game.  

Darkfall moderators are corrupt. They banned me for having a political view they didnt like. And the reason for permanently banning me was a puncture. No text whatsoever what i did wrong. Asked them 5-6 times why i was banned and all i got from these unprofessional moderators over at Darkfall forums was total silence.

Darkfall moderators are cowards that cant stand up for what they done.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Onodrim

I'm not going to break the NDA.

I will point out a couple simple facts.

The community on the beta forums is NOT happy at all with this game and the moderators, especially AjentOranj have begun to HEAVILY censor posts in the Beta forums (probably in an attempt to avoid bad publicity).

Example: Last night I started a simple poll, no trolling, on the beta forums. I just wanted to know what fellow testers thought about the game.

The thread title was Darkfall: UW is a good game.

The post read: Simple question, yes or no. (really , that's all)

I watched the poll for about an hour before going to bed. The results were something like 65% NO and 35% yes.

I woke up this morning to see how the poll was going as was greeted with a one month ban. Reason: Trolling.

I don't know how such a simple question can be trolling, and I bet if the results had been 90% yes and 10% no then there would be no problem.

In short, watch out for this game, don't waste your money. AV has made a game that even thier own fans don't like and are now censoring forums to cover it up.

Would also like to say your acualy breaking NDA here aswell, cant talk about whats on the beta forums either to those not inside the beta.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Next time when Aventurine is going to ask anything about if their players are happy about the game,are they gonna ban themselves ? do they know that its a dangerous question and considered as satanism.

Let's internet

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

I'm not going to break the NDA.

I will point out a couple simple facts.

The community on the beta forums is NOT happy at all with this game and the moderators, especially AjentOranj have begun to HEAVILY censor posts in the Beta forums (probably in an attempt to avoid bad publicity).

Example: Last night I started a simple poll, no trolling, on the beta forums. I just wanted to know what fellow testers thought about the game.

The thread title was Darkfall: UW is a good game.

The post read: Simple question, yes or no. (really , that's all)

I watched the poll for about an hour before going to bed. The results were something like 65% NO and 35% yes.

I woke up this morning to see how the poll was going as was greeted with a one month ban. Reason: Trolling.

I don't know how such a simple question can be trolling, and I bet if the results had been 90% yes and 10% no then there would be no problem.

In short, watch out for this game, don't waste your money. AV has made a game that even thier own fans don't like and are now censoring forums to cover it up.

For years this happening with forumfall they ban you for nothing they started this policy temp ban people for even slightest things sinds around 2008. I blame tasos for this hehe.

If you would have followed blog posts about Darkfall:UW you would have know this won't be good game and oroginal dev team are gone only greeks working now on the game.

Nuff said.

When they introduced auto harvest and before the splitting up servers into eu/us was my best time in darkfall after that in was going down the drain and never recovered.

Mistakes Towers and do nothing about exploit and macro or afk and splitting up community eu-us servers thats what failed Darkfall.

Darkfall:UW is just a desperate attemp to save the game they will fail.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by taus01
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    It was NOT a troll thread. It was a poll asking the paid beta forums if they thought it was a good game. No commentary, just yes or no. That's not trolling. The only reason AV had it taken down is because the votes were going against it, 65 - 35. It it had been 90% yes, fans would be pointing to that as a success, not calling it a troll. I didn't force the overwhelming majority to vote that it's not a good game.

Except it was a troll thread. I saw it for myself. With no release date and a debug beta build which had only been focused on fixing bugs/performance you asked that question. That in itself is trolling, there was nothing constructive about the thread, no feedback or anything.

It might not have been trolling if you'd expanded the poll with more options such as, not if it released now but if it had more features active. Etc...

This is a paid beta, if they take money they should also take criticism. This is unprofessional behaviour and it comes as no surprise seeing how this game started.

On the other hand, anyone paying for beta access especially after a disastrous first release deserves everything thats comming to them.

Now you payed for the game, the beta just an extra.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    Next time when Aventurine is going to ask anything about if their players are happy about the game,are they gonna ban themselves ? do they know that its a dangerous question and considered as satanism.

No a troll got banned from the beta forums.  It clearly states what the beta and beta forums are to be used for.

The developer makes posts stating what issues they are aware of and working on and to please not clog the forums with multiple requests for issues they are aware of and working on, as this makes it harder for them to find new issues among the threads.

DF forum has a problem with 50-100 players repeating the same stuff over and over.  Issues the developers are aware of by now, but they dont stop, and this spamming over issues they want is just making it hard to even discuss other issues and aspects of the game. Irony is...they feel nothing is being done because they cant change mechanics overnight and patch them in, yet will be the first people to flame the developers if the changes are not done right.  Never occurs to them it takes weeks to change major systems and longer to do it right.

The beta is to test the game, this isnt a marketing beta.  They delete your post and ban you from the beta forums just go to the public forum (or here which youve clearly elected to do) and vent your issue about wobble there.

In my opinion they should ban a whole lot more people out of the beta forums.  Its only 100 or so people who wont shut up untill DF is a FPS arena game...which its close enough to already.  Let the people interested in testing the game have their voice, everyone already knows what these people want.

BTW a lot of people here seem to have no clue about darkfall forums.  they are possibly the most free forums of any first party game.  Its just the beta forums that are being regulated.  Anyone who has been around DF long enough knows that pretty much ANYTHING goes on the DF forums and you only get warned when you really cross the line...and banned when you really try to.

If your not there to test the game, and are there to get a leg up and bitch for your own vision of the game to be implimented then you should wait for launch, stick to constructive feedback (note not spamming the forums with your issue and bumping related threads to drown out everything else), or just get banned from the beta forums and let those interested on feedback give it.

That said, they have listend to these trolls far too much.  DF 1.0 was a sandbox.  DF:UW was a sandbox, but barely, and due to listening to this crowd is no longer a sandbox.  Its getting close to where the old 1.0 vets want the game, as a shallow pvp arena game.  Sadly Mortal Online will be the last full loot sandbox left at this pace...

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

This game has some issue, but it's so much fun. If you buy it, don't expect to play it everyday. Test the game, but don't expect to have as much fun as a released game cuz you will burn yourself up over a beta. Gather up with some friend and go duel with them. 

The issues this game has is not even much outside from the missing stuff. I really believe this game will once again, become the best mmorpg for hardcore sandbox gamers.

Other sandbox games are too boring. Lol, build a house. Fucking nerd, go play Lego's if you really want to build stuff. This is a video game, not the sims. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Enjoying beta atm. 9/10 polls are trolling or some othet stupid bs. Glad they finally do something about it.
  • AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Dont waste your time OP, half of these posters are paid to disrupt any and all criticism of the game.

I have seen it so many times over the years, this site use to be a great place to see new games comming up and talk about them. But now its all about the advertizing, they will NOT allow neg talk, and ban at the drop of a hat.

Its best to let people waste thier money, then they will learn how to spot a crappy game, or game company, before buying it.

Thats how I learned about Cryptic, BIOWARE and a few others. I will never buy another one of thier games again.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

Aventurine = stay away

very unethical company 

False promises and lies.

A black sheep in the mmo industry

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by Filterheadz
    The game will deliver !

I think it will deliver my only concern is which year ,2018? :)

• StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by Guitarbry
    The game will deliver !

That company will never deliver.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Is this not out yet? Late last year everyone was all super hyped up for this, and IIRC, wasn't it supposed to release in january or february originally?
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Guitarbry
    The game will deliver !

Would be nice with a new releasedate or some info at least.

• OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Haha just dug up this old post from years ago ... how did that pos dark fall remake go? I don't think it's around anymore is it?
  • XyireXyire Member UncommonPosts: 152
    aventurine is no more.