Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sevencore Shutting Down

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

In a forum post, gPotato announced they will be shutting down Sevencore at the end of April:

"Today, we regret to inform you that we are shutting down the SEVENCORE service because the developer is no longer able to support the game. SEVENCORE has proved to be less attractive to players than anticipated and thus become unprofitable for the developer to be continued as a game. Without the developer’s support, we see ourselves with no other choice than to close the service, unfortunately."

http://sevencore-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2031&sid=7c9pt127r7ne1p1umr1eo5hq80

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

WoW that was quick,just a few day's past 6 month's since it's Sept 2012 launch.

Ftp game's closing shop is starting to sound like a broken record :(

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    And the rise of F2P continues.
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Originally posted by Slappy1

Says nothing about f2p games in general. f2p gaming is the future.

Its just that there are to many f2p games out there that are exactly the same thing in a different package. Its just going to a time where it is no longer profitable to create the same game over and over. There are so many games to choose from for the exact same expierience afterall.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Onigod
    Originally posted by Slappy1

Says nothing about f2p games in general. f2p gaming is the future.

Its just that there are to many f2p games out there that are exactly the same thing in a different package. Its just going to a time where it is no longer profitable to create the same game over and over. There are so many games to choose from for the exact same expierience afterall.

I agree - I don't think that the F2P model is going anywhere.

The market is super-saturated with a ton of games that offer virtually the exact same thing.  If they don't have something that truly distinguishes them from that pack, I think it would be hard to succeed in such a competitive market.  Sevencore seemed to be just another game, offering little to nothing really new.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

This closure says nothing about the f2p model. It does show, however, that you can't just throw out any game and expect enough players to play it. It actualy speaks to the fact that players that play F2P games expect more than what Sevencore offered.

After the quick launch and closure of both Prius and Sevencore, gPotato has some serious soul searching to do.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I agree with the three above - it's a warning to the F2P devs that they will follow the same pattern of failure as the subscription devs if they just reskin the stuff that came before.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    didnt i see this game advertised on the front page just a day or 2 ago...thats pretty bad.  glad I didnt bother installing it. :)
  • splatfarmerxsplatfarmerx Member UncommonPosts: 12

I had fun until I hit about level 40ish, then there seemed to kick in a strong pay to pay vibe.

Not sure why I'm still seeing it on this website ads tho...

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    p2p games have closed in 8 weeks.
  • synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    atleast they are giving 30-75% refunds for purchases prior to 01 feb and 100% refunds for all purchases after that date. I'm sure many f2p partner sites would not be so generous.