Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA's Origin exploit bug...

BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

A vunerability in EA's Origin content delivery system puts 40 million users at risk for remote execution exploits. Full report here. Interesting if true. Not sure of this source however.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

Comments

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Ouch... Things for EA are starting to look pretty bad, not that they were good in the first place. And not that I wish them bad. I'm really enjoying SimCity as well as ME 3, which they gave me for free.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Steam has the exact same exploit found back in October last year. They never said anything about it, even when the news was published.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Also, in both cases, neither Steam nor Origin is the source of the vulnerability. This scenario assumes the PC has already been compromised in some manner that would allow remote access to an attacker.
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by BitterClinger
    Also, in both cases, neither Steam nor Origin is the source of the vulnerability. This scenario assumes the PC has already been compromised in some manner that would allow remote access to an attacker.

As I said the source is dubious. A lot of times The Register is right on the money with their reporting but then there are times when they will publish a story without all of the facts in the name of being 'First'. I usually take what they report with a grain of salt but this story seemed pretty legit with the sources they site.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }