Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Origins Of Malu: Player House Building Shown Off in New Sample Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Origins of Malu team has sent out a new video that shows off an early build for the housing system that will be utilized in the game. The team sends the caveat that this is still alpha footage and that things, including the UI and other smaller features, will likely change over time. In the meantime, enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Thats a start... better no housing. 
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

looks really good

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Ehhhh.... I was hopeful for this game because it had a lot of cool features and I really dig housing. This housing looks like crap.... 
  • grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by rmk70
    Ehhhh.... I was hopeful for this game because it had a lot of cool features and I really dig housing. This housing looks like crap.... 

^

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• MisterTeaBHMisterTeaBH Member Posts: 22

Name me one game right now that has a better housing system than this, he places a plot in the open world and designs it from scratch. and this is an early demonstration it can onyl get better.

• couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Neubauer21

Name me one game right now that has a better housing system than this, he places a plot in the open world and designs it from scratch. and this is an early demonstration it can onyl get better.

I agree, all we have is instanced crappy player housing, I'd say the newer UO housing system may be a bit better but EA destroyed everything else about the game.

I hadn't even heard about this game until this article but I must say I'm quite intriqued.

Black Desert's housing system looks far more advanced than this. This looks clunky and awkward... even in the live stream, dude couldn't place the wall where he wanted it.

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

Here is the question, were all of thouse house compnents player crafted or purchased from an NPC?

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

This would be really good, if when you're building the house the camera wasn't still behind your character when in actual play.

Also some kind of physics so that the blocks would "fall" so that there's not just houses with floating blocks. Or not? Looks space-themed :P

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

They already said it's a simple demonstration, not a good one but they wanted to show some of it. Sooo...yeah...I haven't even followed this game and I actually am kind of impressed with what I see from an indie company. As long as the game stays in full development for a while it could really turn out pretty fantastic.

Black Desert's housing system is very advanced, BUT not every player will have access to housing, at least not initially, if ever. They're using it as prestige content, so only those who becoming extremely wealthy will be able to take advantage of the housing, outside of the camp/tent system. This news turned me off from Black Desert pretty hard, and I have a feeling they will end up going back on that and restructuring it so that it's inclusive, otherwise they will piss people off pretty bad.

Originally posted by Valentina

They already said it's a simple demonstration, not a good one but they wanted to show some of it. Sooo...yeah...I haven't even followed this game and I actually am kind of impressed with what I see from an indie company. As long as the game stays in full development for a while it could really turn out pretty fantastic.

Black Desert's housing system is very advanced, BUT not every player will have access to housing, at least not initially, if ever. They're using it as prestige content, so only those who becoming extremely wealthy will be able to take advantage of the housing, outside of the camp/tent system. This news turned me off from Black Desert pretty hard, and I have a feeling they will end up going back on that and restructuring it so that it's inclusive, otherwise they will piss people off pretty bad.

Hmmm, I didn't know that. Well hopefully they rethink that before launch.

Regardless, Burning Dog's gonna have to introduce a top-down or free camera editor for housing, a snap-to-grid option for easier alignment, and some sort of system to prevent the horrendous clipping that's going on here.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Mortal Online, Istaria, Darkfall UW, UO, Xyson, Wurm...soon to be Black Desert, Arch Age, The repopulation all games with better player housing and non instanced.

Cool that they added in the option, but just doesnt look very impressive but I think this game is gearing towards a younger crowd, so i get it.  Just not the kind of housing system I would enjoy.

• marlborzmarlborz Member Posts: 36
    I think it's great. you can't complain about the housing system for a f2p title.
  • marlborzmarlborz Member Posts: 36
    also, stonehenge wasn't built overnight
  • ThegoodlolThegoodlol Member CommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by marlborz
    I think it's great. you can't complain about the housing system for a f2p title.

According to MMORPG.com it's actually a subscription game.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by marlborz
    also, stonehenge wasn't built overnight

or was it

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by grvmpybear

Black Desert's housing system looks far more advanced than this. This looks clunky and awkward... even in the live stream, dude couldn't place the wall where he wanted it.

Well first off, Black Desert is coming out of Korea and we well know how Korean games have fared in the west so far, secondly no one in the west has indicated interest in porting and publishing it.  One can always wish, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Curious, any reason, Black Desert has not been mentioned on this board, seems other sites have discussed it?

• DarkfallFanaticDarkfallFanatic Member Posts: 96

I love how seasoned gamers try to come up with games that have better housing. Let's go through that shall we. 

Mortal Online

Game is in its dying stage. Housing does not matter due to exploits early on. 

Istaria

Im not even going to say anything.

Darkfall UW

Oh you mean the static houses that are around the map? Yeah, its not better than OOM if its static. 

UO

Agreed but its an old game. Moot point.

Xyson

Heavy sandbox...not many still play.

Wurm

Old.

That said this is one of the few upcoming games that will have a beta. Say all you want about archage and black desert but they dont even have a beta. 

Check out the forums, the developers are so involved with the community its amazing. If they can deliver on even half of what they promise - player driven faction, content, pvp, SWG style crafting, housing, sandbox gameplay, dynamic ai, epic bosses - Ill be a happy man.