Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW on sale at Amazon for $19.99

OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Just started today; not sure how long it will go:

http://amzn.com/B007VTVKG6

Comments

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

I played the game at launch and loved it.  That is definitely a good deal.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Yep, definitely worth it, even if you're only interested in the single-player content.
  • fafnir123fafnir123 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    So i already tried the game.Downloaded and play it using a buddy key my friend sent me and i LOVE it.Seriously.So now i want to buy the game.Question though.I never bought using amazon before so i need to know.Do i get the CD key or do i need to down the freaking game a game?I have a prettty slow internet and i have to wait for nearly 3 days for the download to complete
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by fafnir123
    So i already tried the game.Downloaded and play it using a buddy key my friend sent me and i LOVE it.Seriously.So now i want to buy the game.Question though.I never bought using amazon before so i need to know.Do i get the CD key or do i need to down the freaking game a game?I have a prettty slow internet and i have to wait for nearly 3 days for the download to complete

then better get the boxed version with the DVDs

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by fafnir123

I think if you've already downloaded it, you just need to update the key on your account page on the TSW site.  If all else fails, you can contact tech support live chat:

http://www.thesecretworld.com/support

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    The price the game should have released at.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

Well worth $30 and a great deal at $20.
  • EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Sooo very tempting and with no sub right?

Vive la Norway, time to support my country!

• WillyMMORPGWillyMMORPG Member UncommonPosts: 78

It's a great deal.

If you're on the fence about the game, now's the time to get it cheap, get some bonus points to buy some of he DLC content which is truly amazing! 

The 1.5 Tyler Freeborn series was so well made and truly haunting, unlike anything you'll ever see in other AAA MMOs. And today, the early release of 1.6 "Last Train to Cairo" series comes real close to topping 1.5! The last mission is a LITERAL thrill ride, I won't spoil it, though. I finished it this afternoon and got my new bull whip aux weapon and started earning the new currency to buy an Indiana Jones style outfit for my character.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

So do you have to keep buying content packs once you get into the game or is it just the box price + cosmentics ext on a cash shop ?

I never like the " off the cart " style of shop for content and game features.

Originally posted by DamonVile

So do you have to keep buying content packs once you get into the game or is it just the box price + cosmentics ext on a cash shop ?

Box price gets you the main game + the first 4 DLC packs.  Issues 5 and 6 must be purchased in the cash shop, but the 1200 points from the Amazon deal will be enough for one of those.  Shop also sells pets and clothes as well as boosts, inventory slots, etc. 

There are no level or zone restrictions at all, however, nor are there any character, UI or ability locks.

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Subscribers sort of get the content for free (they get something like 1200 points a month and are guaranteed to never have to pay more than that for any content pack). They still have to buy it, but they're paying with house money. They also get earlier access to the content packs (3 days), occasional free cosmetic items that are subscriber-only, discounts in the cash shop, and I believe they get veterans reward as of the last update.

F2P players have to buy all new content packs too, they get no discount in the cash shop unless they buy one of the upgrade packs (which are fairly expensive), they wait a bit longer for access to the quest/content packs. That said, you never really feel like you're missing out on anything if you don't subscribe (I don't, anyway). If anything, you actually end up with more points for your money than a subscriber does. They pay $15/month and get 1200 points (plus perks), you pay $15 dollars when you want to and get 1800 points, which more than makes up for the subscriber's 10% discount unless both of you are buying insane amounts of things.

As far as B2P/F2P systems go, I think TSW's is the only one I've liked so far, and I've tried quite a few. I never feel like Funcom's gouging me for pocket change, which is so unbeilievably refreshing. You never see a cash shop icon on anything, there's just a discrete button in a drop-down menu and a hot-key if you want to use it, otherwise you never even realize it exists. Also, the base game you get will keep you busy for a very long time. It's not like with LotRO, where you're constantly urged to unlock quest regions that shipped with the game. The only stuff they charge you for is new quest pack content, cosmetic items and consumables (none of which you need at all). Nothing in the game is artificially engineered to drive you into the cash shop, it's just there if you want it.

The end-game isn't my favorite (it's the typical dungeon-running gear grind and instanced pvp stuff), but the trip to that end-game was really great. The writing in the game is unbelievably good, and the only time I really found myself "quest-grinding" was when I went out of my way to do it. Almost all of the quests were really enjoyable experiences.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Ortwig

Just started today; not sure how long it will go:

http://amzn.com/B007VTVKG6

you can only "download" the game if you live in the US - which sucks for the rest of us....

Just my 2 cents...

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    I'm just finishing the 3 day trial, but I'm in the UK. Can I buy this and apply the code to my account or something? Don't really want to pay twice as much as US players.
  • J-icepdJ-icepd Member Posts: 23

I paid $59 when release. The game are bigger, better also now.

$19 is cheap. You have at least 4 month with quest - then raid/pvp to the end of the world.

remember - you get bonus if you recruit friend to the game. (Members)