Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So you wanna play Planetside 2 aye?

TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Well prepare to for the headache from the eye strain!  Before this last crap patch, that took them almost a month to release I was getting 131 FPS at the warpgate and never dipped under 55 fps during huge fights.  Afer this patch myself and almost every single person that plays the game have seen dramatic drops in FPS.  I just had to log as my I7 7950 16g ram computer droped down to ONE yes that's right 1 fps and then crashed...  Add this to the fact that people cannot heal properly, repair anything, pick up ammo and there is a two second delay for almost ever action and you have a huge mess.

SOE strikes agian! 39 pages of complaints!    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/fps-drop-after-gu4.103469/

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I couldn't evern get a steady 15 FPS before. Welcome to the club.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Don't forget hte absurdly enormous server lag some of the servers are getting, I'm on Matherson and I'm getting ~10 second delay on many things and turrets don't even cooldown when hitting red. I can't even bother anymore even with double xp.

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783
    Take your pick of problems; my FPS is generally better...right up to the black screen lock up...I used to be able to play for 3-4 hours straight with no problems...now I am lucky to get 30min before crashing...
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    This last patch was really bad.    So many things broken and the lag is the worse I have ever seen it.   Performance wise it is as bad or worse than when they did the GU2 updated.  Remember how bad the FPS dropped?  This is way worse and I just gave up playing until they fix it - even during the 2x EXP weekend - it just isn't worth the frustration,
  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812
    hot fix is out  , test it out.
  • LuperzaLuperza Member Posts: 23
    We have put out a hotfix to fix a portion of the frame rate issues. We're well aware of the communities concerns and working quickly to fix the frame rate problem so you can all get back to fragging newbs. 

Margaret "Luperza" Krohn
    Your Friendly Community Relations Representative
    @PurrfectStorm | Friday Night Ops

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    are there still rampant mobs of hackers running around pretty much unchecked? cause thats why i stopped playing

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297

I just can't play this *&$(*%@ game anymore!!! I was in a Lightning with side armor with High Explosive rounds, facing a Heavy Assault trooper less than 30 yards away from me and I STILL could not *&$(*%@ kill him because of the lag. I had several, several opportunities to try different tactics. I shot ahead of him, behind him, to the left and right of him and he STILL killed me. The lag makes this more frustrating than it is worth. I had a nice K:D ration of 2.1 and now I'm down to 1.7 since this patch. Is K:D ratio everything? No, absolutely not. BUT! It is indicative of things to come, the general care of a game and its developers.

This game is so God damned frustrating that it makes me want to punch my $4K laptop. Free or not this is not worth your time.

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Teala

This last patch was really bad.    So many things broken and the lag is the worse I have ever seen it.   Performance wise it is as bad or worse than when they did the GU2 updated.  Remember how bad the FPS dropped?  This is way worse and I just gave up playing until they fix it - even during the 2x EXP weekend - it just isn't worth the frustration,

I'm with Teala. I can play Skyim at the highest settings with no lag but this game defies all logic.

I was a PS1 fan boy. I was a PS2 fan boy during Beta and just after Beta. Needless to say I am a fanboy no longer.

God...make this game go the way of SWG. Make SOE choke on it's own greed. God...just put this poor animal out of its misery.
  • NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Originally posted by Squeak69
    are there still rampant mobs of hackers running around pretty much unchecked? cause thats why i stopped playing

Yea and it's getting worse, especially during weekends.  There are maybe a handful of people per server totally ruining the gameplay by sitting under the terrain with aimbots pretty much killing the entire enemy population in an area.  SOE don't seem to be doing anything about it :/

Once my sub ends I won't be renewing it.  Not until they clean up the game.  A lot of people are feeling the same and this is how cheating kills games.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by NasherUK
    Originally posted by Squeak69

Yea and it's getting worse, especially during weekends.  There are maybe a handful of people per server totally ruining the gameplay by sitting under the terrain with aimbots pretty much killing the entire enemy population in an area.  SOE don't seem to be doing anything about it :/

Once my sub ends I won't be renewing it.  Not until they clean up the game.  A lot of people are feeling the same and this is how cheating kills games.

pretty much same, you don't see many hackers, but when their around they are a PITA.. but at the moment im unsubbed because every patch seems to cause problems, im just unsubbed until the game itself settles down again, in the meantime i'll keep playing occasionally in f2p mode, i refuse to pay for beta tbh image