Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the game is unplayable for me atm

Every 10-15 min when i am in an instance , the enemy stucks, do not lose any health and after a while i disconnect (sometimes i die before i disconect without seeing enemies attack me).

Also sometimes i don't see any enemies in instance or areas and i have to relog for them to show up.

My PC is 1 year old, my connection is good (only wired) and i do not have any problems playing other AAA MMOs (TSW, TERA, GW2, CO)  in maxed setting.

After internet search i tried some things like updating my gfx card, provide hig priority in nvidia panel, deleting dcuo folder in "my games" and validate game assets again, reseting my router, shutting of antirus,  but nothing from above worked.

Is it something that i only experience, am i missin something, is it generally a common in-game problem? (i am new, i tried dcuo saturday, i had enormous fun, got legendary (EU) in sunday, and after monday i have the above problems).

i already  posted in the official EU forums but i got no reply yet.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

All-time fave : City of Heroes/Villains

Played and returning from time to time : GW2, Tera, CO

Played: Aion, Archeage, DCUO, FXIV:ARR, Rift, SWTOR, TSW, Vindictus, Wildstar

Playing atm : WoW, Hearthstone, Tera, GW2

Comments

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408

I've recently spent a lot of time playing DCUO and have had my share of problems with it (though not to the extent that you seem to be having).  I, too, have a fairly new PC but I'm mostly experiencing random crashes now and again and weird stuttering of audio, etc.  Are you by any chance running Windows 7 x64?  I ask because from what I've read there have been unresolved issues for those of us with that OS when it comes to DCUO.  For things like the crashes, I've found turning my AV off temporarily while I play the game improves the time between crashes considerably.  Definitely less than optimal but it seems to work well. Also, how much RAM do you have?  I've seen DCUO eat up close to 900 MB  after a time so maybe being RAM starved may cause problems with performance as well.

I hope you'll find a solution to the problems; now that I finally *get* DCUO it's been one of the most enjoyable games I've played.

• preachmorepreachmore Member Posts: 75

Yep, i run windows 7*64 :(

i have 4 G ram, and i monitored it when DCUO was running and i had 45-46 % usage all the time.

My next step is to upgrade to at least to 8 G, something i was aimed to upgrade anyway. Maybe it will help and thats the problem.

All-time fave : City of Heroes/Villains

Played and returning from time to time : GW2, Tera, CO

Played: Aion, Archeage, DCUO, FXIV:ARR, Rift, SWTOR, TSW, Vindictus, Wildstar

Playing atm : WoW, Hearthstone, Tera, GW2

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    I think it may improve things for you with DCUO (and hope it does).   I'm not really surprised the game isn't better optimized on the PC considering the game is multi-platform but it's still a bit unfortunate.
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Dude, you're playing an SOE game. Bugs, disconnects and crappy gameplay is part of the bargain. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Dude, you're playing an SOE game. Bugs, disconnects and crappy gameplay is part of the bargain. 

So much hate comming from someone with such a sarcastic signature, SOE is no better or worse then any other company out there in the gameing scene. On top of that i personally think SOE has learned more  from their 15 years of experience thne many other companies

Just wondering how this forgotten jewel is really doong?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by preachmore

Every 10-15 min when i am in an instance , the enemy stucks, do not lose any health and after a while i disconnect (sometimes i die before i disconect without seeing enemies attack me).

Also sometimes i don't see any enemies in instance or areas and i have to relog for them to show up.

My PC is 1 year old, my connection is good (only wired) and i do not have any problems playing other AAA MMOs (TSW, TERA, GW2, CO)  in maxed setting.

After internet search i tried some things like updating my gfx card, provide hig priority in nvidia panel, deleting dcuo folder in "my games" and validate game assets again, reseting my router, shutting of antirus,  but nothing from above worked.

Is it something that i only experience, am i missin something, is it generally a common in-game problem? (i am new, i tried dcuo saturday, i had enormous fun, got legendary (EU) in sunday, and after monday i have the above problems).

i already  posted in the official EU forums but i got no reply yet.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'd advice to move away from DCUO and pick any other MMO out there. The issues you are describing are exactly the same as I had them when DCUO went F2P (I had legendary account then from Station Pass). Back then it was blamed on the huge influs of new players and the problems would be solved SOON(tm). I made it a movie back then of the Area 51 instance that I was TRYING to do but it was unplayable.

Now 1 1/2 year down the road, things seem to be as bad as they were back then, both for F2P and legenrady players. Looks like SOE hasn't done a thing to solve the lag & DC problems most useds have.