Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi again! Does GW STILL .....

chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Hi & hello to you all!

I have just got my internet connection back, after 5+ months...

I got only 1 single question: Does Guild Wars suck as much as it did half a year back? I'm in need of a MMORPG to play, and back then I couldnt count GW as a "MMORPG".

So, should I try the game again, to see if it has anything at all to offer, or just let it collect dust down in my basement?

-Cheers!

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

Comments

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Originally posted by chrisel
    Hi & hello to you all!
    I have just got my internet connection back, after 5+ months...
    I got only 1 single question: Does Guild Wars suck as much as it did half a year back? I'm in need of a MMORPG to play, and back then I couldnt count GW as a "MMORPG".
    So, should I try the game again, to see if it has anything at all to offer, or just let it collect dust down in my basement?
    -Cheers!

Its free to play.... why don't you just try it for yourself?

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477
    nope. still sucks :D

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • ZetNetZetNet Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by chrisel

...and back then I couldnt count GW as a "MMORPG".
    -Cheers!

first You could not count it as an mmorpg... who can... ''ncsoft'' and ''areanet'', are not saying its an mmorpg they are calling it an corpg...

second as a guy abow me sad its free so why dont u try it ur self. i cant understand how people can ask others if a game is good. cuz every one has there id`e on what makes a game to a good game, so ill say try it ur self and finde out....

Guild Wars:
    Member guild "The Royal Phoenix Gaurd [RPG]"
    Silke J| LvL 20| Necro/Ele
    Onkel Varg| LvL 19| Monk/Ranger
    Barak J| LvL 12| Warrior/Ele
    Ce Nedras| LvL 9| Ranger/Monk

/\
    (sry for the spelling)

ZN

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

That depends on what you hated the last time around. If you don't like the instanced world or the linear storylines then you won't like it. If you had issues with the pvp, well.. it is a bit different with fighting for faction points but still the same.

It really depends on what you didn't like.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

To answer your question:

Guild Wars is better now than it was even 2 weeks ago. It continues to get better constantly.

And now for something completely different:

You have got to be kidding me with these broken-record threads.... If the OP actually has the game and ever played it in the first place then he would know he could just log on for 30 mins play and not have to ask a question that so blantantly opens the door for trolls. This is just so retarded. There are already a ton of existing flame threads, why keep starting new ones. How can this not get old? I will use an example:

I HATE country music, not dislike, not get aggrivated by, I HATE country music. It actually makes me physically upset... (I know somethings not right upstairs for it to effect me like it does, but I digress). Even though I HATE it, I do not go calling up every radio station that plays country music and shout "OMFG Country music suxxors" I know I do not like country music...I know I will not be able stop other people from liking it (my fiance ::::16::) so I just choose to stay away.

For the people who do not like it cool, it is totally your right. But do not think that this tiger is going to change its stripes. GW is not all of the sudden going to change its core direction to bow to the verbal minority. Many more 100's of thousands still enjoy GW on a daily/weekly basis and will continue to do so in the future. If you do not like it...just stay away, or atleast refrain from spending time to log on to the forum and then flame it.

There are more constructive ways to seek out the answer you wanted, but you instead chose to lead the thread down one very skewed path. There are even a couple other active threads you could have used. Maybe next time ask this question on one of the others games forums, and you will get more of an answer you were looking for. They are playing GW's as well.

Hope you get the answer(s) you were looking for.

Enjoy the games you play, if not, don't play them.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• DakagentDakagent Member UncommonPosts: 58

Originally posted by gargantroo
    Troll else where fanboi.

• brocklesnarbrocklesnar Member Posts: 50

I play WoW and Guild Wars and I find that Guild Wars is more enjoyable. The reason for this is that you need to use team work to get anywhere in the game. I like joining random people in groups and then going farming or doing missions/quests. I find in WoW I don't like to group up with people. Especially as the ones that try to invite me always say things like "PLZ PLZ PLZ GIV FREE GOLD!".

The community in the game isn't the greatest but I think it's difficult to find a game that has a completely good one. In WoW, people challenge me to a duel and when I decline they start yelling abuse. I don't remember it saying in the Terms and Conditions of joining WoW that I had to accept all duels.

Anyway, to answer the guys original question, NO, GUILD WARS DOES NOT AND HAS NEVER SUCKED.

Currently playing: World of Warcraft. Love the Recruit a Friend program!

Waiting for WAR.

• NuvaNuva Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by gargantroo

I play guild wars, you knucklehad and i like it.

It depends on what you're like in mmorpgs, wow is on the rpg scale, and gw is on the pvp scale.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Originally posted by Nuva
    Originally posted by gargantroo nope. still sucks :D
    I play guild wars, you knucklehad and i like it.

It depends on what you're like in mmorpgs, wow is on the rpg scale, and gw is on the pvp scale.

So much risk in arena combat ::::04::::::04::::::04::
    Me scared already

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • -Lightning--Lightning- Member Posts: 6

You have to learn humility, then. Arena sucks balls anyways. (My opinion.)

"Defeat is the mother of success." -Chinese Proverb

Guild Wars:
    Mo/E Kay Stormsaga
    E/Me Crest Stormsaga
    R/Me Artemis Stormsaga

• LordahazLordahaz Member Posts: 13

Yea GW kinda SUCK, go get Everquest 2 insteed, best MMORPG out there, soon PvP servers is comming also =)

// Satyg

• -Lightning--Lightning- Member Posts: 6

I never said Guild Wars sucked...

Personally, I think EQ sucks balls. No offense.

Guild Wars:
    Mo/E Kay Stormsaga
    E/Me Crest Stormsaga
    R/Me Artemis Stormsaga

• ShumpShump Member Posts: 116

http://buy.ati.com/myprofile/gw_index.asp?AIB=HIS its a 10 hr trial doesnt give u a real feel for the game so try finding a friend who has the game.