Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 minutes of gameplay

13»

Comments

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

Another saturday morning hanna-barbera cartoon.  I'll pass.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Originally posted by Margulis

Originally posted by birdycephon
    From hence forth, this game shall be known as, WoWStar!

Say what?! You've been defending this game relentlessly

Still am. I love WoW, I just dont play it anymore. 

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Looks like WoW in space, but I welcome it. I think it got character, I would rather play a game that was cartoony with character than realistic characters without character.

Hope for the controls and the manuveurbility to be just as smooth as WoW then I will be sold.

Until end game if I find out that they didn´t polish it enough to hold up in continuity and addiction :)

For me the game mechanics is a big thing, and how many variables it can do, yet still have the same playability.

Looking forward to try it out for sure.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

I like the little TF2 touch.

Oh and it looks like WoW, and that zone looks like the Barrens. :-)

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I think the game looks really good.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Ubel12
    I know it will be a good game, but I swear it looks just WoW. Are some of the Artists from WoW on the team? Anyway, we will have to see what happens when it comes out. What do you all think?

And this is problem because ... ?

As wow I think cartoony graphics will make game evergreen, so far it looks very fun, intro's are full of humor, .... barely can wait to play.

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DCqgowlTKo @ 56 seconds. How are they not wow trolls? How are the landscape textures used not much closer to wow than any other mmo? This doesnt resemble rift, lotro, aoc, tabula, tera or even wow clones like runes of magic. It is straight out wow. 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Thankfully, I didn't play WoW (ever), so I'm not hung-up on the fact that Wildstar uses a similar cartoony art style.

My impression of the game so far is that it's going to be humorous and fun to play. I actually like the artstyle, and that's odd because I'm usually heavily biased in favor of super-realism. In Wildstar, the graphics fit the "tone" of the game perfectly, because all the promo material so far has had heaps of humour and hyperbole.

To me, the graphics in SWTOR did not support the "serious" and "epic" and "heroic" nature of the gameplay. It caused an emotional disconnect for me, hence I hated the graphic style (moreso the character graphics).

But in Wildstar, I go into the game world with no pre-conceptions. I don't have a pre-defined mental image of what things or characters "should" look like. I haven't read books and/or watched movies set in the Wildstar world, so I've never had to build the pictures in my imagination.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305

I love the WoW look as WoW is a great game, despite what the elite nerds here say.

It looks excellent, and my whole family wants to play it, and that is a good thing. There is nothing wrong with games like this.

Why can't people here like different games and styles?

I started MMO's with the old sandbox games, but I also love themeparks...so what.

If a game is a WoW clone because it is being developed by some ex-WoW folks...who cares as long as it is fun.

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by dumpcat

Why can't people here like different games and styles?

some people like it, some people hate it... some wil be mostly indifferent as long as the game is fun/interesting. im personally not put off by it, it has a certain charm, and if the game is fun and 'plays well' ill stick with it for at least a while. hopefully there is more variety in the zones.

what is amusing is the people refusing to accept the game has an extremely similar - albeit updated - appearance and style to WoW, as if admitting they are looking forawrd to a game that has a simialr style to WoW denegrates them in some way.

so dont worry kids, you wont lose your mmo cred (lol) if you admit the artstyle is the same.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    The issue with being a WoW clone (and this time a real WoW clone) is that there's no reason to not play WoW instead, which has a hundred times more content, polish and players. It's like you're trying to fill a niche that doesn't exist, and doing it with 10 years old graphics.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Take a big dollop of WoW, mix in a pinch of GW2, bake for 3 years and hey preso - looks tastey and i'd like to taste it.

In regards to the gfx they're not dated, artisticly they're great and can no doubt afford much more going on on screen than say GW2 or some other game that goes more to realism.

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418

That video turned me on!

Also, calling the graphics outdated is like calling cartoons/anime/comics/manga etc graphics outdated.  So silly.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by majinant

That video turned me on!

Also, calling the graphics outdated is like calling cartoons/anime/comics/manga etc graphics outdated.  So silly.

The graphics are outdated 

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Margulis
    Originally posted by majinant

That video turned me on!

The graphics are outdated 

Whatever you say troll.