Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New character class

Anyone know if a new class is planned?

Comments

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Nop, the game is dying really fast. There is really only three active servers in the game, and most of the people are probably lifetimers.

They can't aford making a new class.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    I haven't really heard anything from Turbine concerning new classes.  It's hard to find anything that wouldn't be lore breaking to add to the world though, which is the real problem with adding new classes.  Turbine is in a bind on this one.  People weren't 100% happy with the runekeeper either.
  • trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    I wish they would, but the game isn't very alt friendly. Really, really grind heavy when it comes to crafting, LIs, reputation, gear, and so forth

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by leojreimroc
    People weren't 100% happy with the runekeeper either.

Yep, poor rk's will never cleanse themselves from the Lorebreaker title:) And I agree, highly unlikely that we will see new classes in LotRO (maybe on creep side, but since they got the defiler, I think they're set as well. And nobody plays pvmp anyways :) )

Originally posted by trancejeremy
    I wish they would, but the game isn't very alt friendly. Really, really grind heavy when it comes to crafting, LIs, reputation, gear, and so forth

I never touch any grind in mmo's and I agree LotrO's endgame is grind-heavy. But I guess grind means different things to everybody. From your list only LI and gear is grind to me...

And that's why I disagree with the first part, LotRO is an alt-friendly game. (true, I'm an altoholic, so maybe a bit biased. lol) I might add that my main 7 are acknowledged in every part of Middle-earth and are a respected member of their guild (-> reputation and crafting I referred :) ), and it wasn't a grind - ok, the new Rohan tier was, I wasn't very happy about that.