Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online

2»

Comments

• Ez-RollerEz-Roller Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Ez-Roller
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    A 100k bounty is meaningless in terms of any effect it will actually have. It's just a "hi there!".

He placed 1mil

Been quite a while since i last put a bounty on someone, but unless things have changed, you can only put a bounty on someone with a negative standing with concord? image

is -0.0 negative? i didnt mean to, but i looted some green crap some guy that was mining was trashing... 

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Phry
    A 100k bounty is meaningless in terms of any effect it will actually have. It's just a "hi there!".

He placed 1mil

Been quite a while since i last put a bounty on someone, but unless things have changed, you can only put a bounty on someone with a negative standing with concord? image

Nope, now anyone can put a bounty on anyone. Your standing with CONORD is not relevent to a personal matter between two capsuleers.

Many people assume that having a bounty placed on them gives anyone the right to shoot them. Not so. The rules of engagement are exactly the same as if they don't have a bounty, the only difference is that the incentive to shoot them has been increased.

The new bounty system was the core feature of the last expansion - read the devblogs. Not only can you put a bounty on anyone you like, the payout is restricted so that the bounty can't just be scraped off and collected by an alt; each time you lose a ship, then a fraction of the ship value is paid out to whoever killed it until the whole bounty has been claimed.

So if I put a 1 billion ISK bounty on you and some bounty hunter pops you in a Drake, he gets about a 8M ISK payout, and your bounty is reduced to 992M.

But a 100k bounty is basically meaningless. No one is going to go out of their way for 100k. They're mainly used to make people who don't know how they work rage against their own ack of understanding.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

He placed 1mil

His point still stands.  Don't worry about it.  Reading your posts. The reaction you had was worth far more to the person than anything else.  No ones going to come after you for 1 mill. They will simply pop you just to pop you or in hopes of getting a rise out of you well before they do it for 1 mill.  When you start flying around in loot pinatas ( a long ways off since you just started) and someone puts an absurd value on top of that. Then worry a little.  As long as you are alert and learn what to look for you'll be fine at this point in your career.  Want it gone? Find the nearest lowsec / null gate and jump through.   Probably should do that anyways just for the experience.