Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everything is a cakewalk? please show me

Comments

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Homitu

You don't gauge the difficulty of group content by taking it on solo.  That's not intended gameplay.  You gauge how hard 5 man dungeon content is by seeing how hard it is for a group of 5 to complete it.  

Telling someone to go solo a world event meant for dozens of players in order to artificially manufacture difficulty is absurd.  It's akin people who suggest--and I've actually seen this--that players seeking increased difficulty should take off all their gear and play naked (thereby demolishing the game's intended progression and nullifying many of the fun rewards.)  Just because the solo player or the naked player would inevitably be defeated by the math, it does not make it difficult.  In fact, it almost has nothing to do with difficulty.  That's just cheap and would likely cause more complaints and lack of difficulty ever would.  

i only said solo because some feel this game is so easy they can roll their face on the keyboard and beat every encounter(direct quote I have seen on here several times) But doing these events with a solid 10 people is still a hell of a time and people still fail them all the time as you can see by the numerous complaints on the official forums about it.

I've seen those quotes too, and often times they are just trolls only looking to incite a reaction.  If the claim "I can beat everything by rolling my face on the keyboard" is meant literally, it's obviously a troll and the only appropriate course of action is to ignore him.  If, however, it is just an exaggeration of a legitimate sentiment, it might be worthwhile to try and identify the source of the sentiment.  

I'll start by saying I think eveyrone who plays GW2 for the first time is surprised by the combat and how hard enemies hit you.  No matter your skill level, past MMO experiences don't prepare you for your first 1v1 mob fights in GW2.  Until you learn to avoid getting hit, you're going to have a hard time.  Most players will die during the leveling process in GW2... a lot.  It all depends on how quick you are to adapt to the new style of combat--a measure of skill, if you will.  Initial reaction: this game actually poses some challenge!  A good thing.  

Then you encounter events, the game's more fluid version of quests.  These brilliant little features bring players together like nothing else.  Soon you see players zipping around chaotically and enemies dropping like flies.  In a very literal sense, you can often just stand still during all of this, not do a thing, and the event will still be completed.  You can totally substitute standing still with "rolling your face across your keyboard."  And unless the ill-advised face-rolling leads to your character careening off a cliff, you wouldn't emerge any worse for wear.  

The sad sense you sometimes get in GW2 is the more people present, the less significant your actions become, to the point where it truly does not matter what you do whatsoever.  There's both a lack of control individual players may experience and a lack of importance placed on individual players' actions when part of a larger group event.  You literally can do the world dragon events by just pressing your 1 button over and over again, as some poster in another thread you and I were involved in suggested.  I would bet the events could be completed if everyone pressed nothing but their 1 spell.  I would love to see such an organized demonstration; maybe that would help shed some light on some of the issue players are having.

Events, being the primary open world pve content, and playing with people usually being a great thing, this can be severely disappointing.  And I think it's this disappointment that some posters channel when they choose to lash out in a few threads that bash the game's overall difficulty.  

It's important to note that numbers can be tweaked and it really wouldn't increase or decrease difficulty, as seen in events that fail all the time.  There's one event in southwestern Plains of Ashford where you have to defend three newly constructed tents from hordes of Flame Legion that keep spawning on all sides for about 10 minutes.  This event is the third part of a chain.  I don't know what comes after because I've never seen this part beaten in about 10 attempts.  The waves upon waves of enemies just ignore players for periods of time and beat on the tents, inevitably taking them down.  The key thing to note is that even though we fail the event every single time, it's by no stretch of the imagination hard.  In fact, it's about as easy as the combat can get.  It's just as easy as your aoe Rift videos.  You just plow into 20+ enemies and start blasting them to smitherines with aoe.  The numbers are just tweaked such that the math doesn't work in your favor.  I actually suspect that maybe the event would be easier if there were fewer players present, and therefore fewer enemies, less culling, and perhaps an easier time keeping them aggroed onto me and off the tents.  

Then there's more to be said about dungeons and more structured group content, and the combat system as a whole.  But this post is getting a little too long as it is :p

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by muffins89

just becuase some events require a lot of people does not make the game hard.

who said the game was hard?

you implied it.  with your thread title.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by Scorchien
      I have played . many many MMOs and GW2 experience to lvl 80 was by far the easiest ,i honestly felt they could have cut the exp in half .. was just way to easily handed out ... imo

here is my rift leveling videos.. doesn't get much easier than that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMndMc4eGhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTlj8ZPVyuo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bo413el0no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0vQhJZGm8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFWGqvqI9n8

show me someone leveling to 80 doing that in gw2 i'd be impressed.. again leveling to 80 in gw2 is cake espeically if you followed the zerg at launch or just stuck to lower zones or just crafted .. my point is there are plenty of challenging things to do in gw2 imho for those that want a challenge

if anyone can show me a non-instanced open world encounter in a recent(last 5-10 years) themepark MMO as large scale and involved as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvr8aayVms0 or any of the 6 cathedral events i'd be interested to see

and honestly these vids show me nothing . you can do the same thing in GW2 , gather up a few mobs and AoE nothing new here been goin on for over a decade ... plus AoE mobs 2 and 3 lvls lower in Rift isnt much of a challenge either.. bad example

this is my 48 grinding out level 50s in stillmoor.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFWGqvqI9n8  and no you could not do this as easily  in Orr as many mobs have CC which keeps you from rounding them all up like this.. and they hit a ton harder.. in Rift I could round up 30 mobs and not break a sweat on my cleric.. no chance I could do that in gw2 especially in the higher zones

also with scaling in gw2 its not like i could hit 60 go to a 30 zone and just one shot everything

I was referencing the original 4 vids you posted you are lvl 26 , 39 40... what you are doing there is not unusual, for Rift a matter fact ive done and seen much more effective AoE  grinding in Rift .. and yes at those lvl you can do the same in GW2 .. and in Rift those are just normal mobs , so making a comparrison to the more difficult mobs in Orr is unrealistic and quite a stretch , try doin that in Rift againt a Expert or Raid  rift and you would be dead.

i'm talking about doing it against normal Mobs in Orr and no way you could round up 30+ normal mobs in Orr alone and plow through them without a scratch on you like you could do in Rift..  I loved AOE farming in Rift which is why I made the videos.. i tried to duplicate it in GW2 as easily as I could in Rift it just is not possible.. few reasons this isn't possible in GW2 as it is in Rift.. in GW2 you can never outlevel content with scaling, gear/levels doesn't make everything in lower zones trivial as it does in games like Rift. Another is more normal mobs have CC in gw2 than they did in Rift. Also mobs overall of same level hit a lot harder in gw2 than most other MMOs mobs do. Lastly without a constant way to heal and mitigate damage like you have in Rift you just can't outheal the damage in anyway shape or form...

where in that vid have you rounded up 30+ mobs maybe i missed it the most i see you fighting is 6 at any time... and tbh those are very very easy kilss in Rift i can 3 shot that bunch with my Marksman ...  you are trying to hard .. go enjoy your game instead of feeeling the need to defend it ...(why is that?)   I mean if its so good wouldnt you be there enjoying it rather than here .. defending trivial arguemnets .. GW2 isnt for everyone and you cant make those who dont like it change there minds .....Go enjoy your game and have nice nite , im out , gotta go track the NFL FA period..

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

try reading the thread has nothing to do with the game as a whole.. also how is the title implying the game is hard as a whole in anyway?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

where in that vid have you rounded up 30+ mobs maybe i missed it the most i see you fighting is 6 at any time... and tbh those are very very easy kilss in Rift i can 3 shot that bunch with my Marksman ...  you are trying to hard .. go enjoy your game instead of feeeling the need to defend it ...(why is that?)   I mean if its so good wouldnt you be there enjoying it rather than here .. defending trivial arguemnets .. GW2 isnt for everyone and you cant make those who dont like it change there minds .....Go enjoy your game and have nice nite , im out , gotta go track the NFL FA period..

because i'm stuck at work why else? i like talking about things I enjoy.. amazing concept isn't it.. also how am i trying too hard I loved AOE leveling in Rift it was my favorite way to level as I leveld one of each class doing this in some form or another. I tried to replicate this as easy as it was in Rift in GW2 and it just isn't possible in the same way it was in Rift, not even close but if you know a way please show as I would love to know how

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

I haven't spent much time in Orr but just recently started exploring around more.  I'd be very interested to see anyone solo one of the Cathedral events(pretty sure this is not possible at all). Obviously the first tricky part would be actually finding one with no one around as in my server there are always people all over Orr. Even in a small group some of these are extremely difficult for open world PVE questing in a MMO imho. I really can't think of many recent MMOs that have had much harder open world PVE than these.. if you only ran these with a huge zerg back near launch try them with a smaller group and see how well you do on some of them.. was having some very frustrating fights tonight and some really challenging fights and this was with 15+ people

not my video but just an example of one of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvr8aayVms0 (obviously this video has a large amount of people running it)

you should read what you wrote first.

I haven't spent much time in Orr but just recently started exploring around more.  I'd be very interested to see anyone solo one of the Cathedral events(pretty sure this is not possible at all). Obviously the first tricky part would be actually finding one with no one around as in my server there are always people all over Orr. Even in a small group some of these are extremely difficult for open world PVE questing in a MMO imho. I really can't think of many recent MMOs that have had much harder open world PVE than these.. if you only ran these with a huge zerg back near launch try them with a smaller group and see how well you do on some of them.. was having some very frustrating fights tonight and some really challenging fights and this was with 15+ people

not my video but just an example of one of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvr8aayVms0 (obviously this video has a large amount of people running it)

you should read what you wrote first.

and how does that show the game as a whole is hard? i'm very confused.. my point was it has hard encounters that is all not that the game as a whole was hard.. don't think that was hard to get from that, if it was I apologize

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

I can two man everything except balthazaar, balthazaar is dps check that would require at least 6 people If I were on my Guardian.

Take the Grenth event for example, the fail state is if Jonas dies, this can only happen if shades or the priest aggros onto Jonas or vice-versa.

Dwayna has no fail state.

Melandru has no failstate if you've reached the priest.

Lyssa requires 3 people to take down the shields, possibly 2 if you're being creative.

If you think that this is challenging, then you should try some classic arcade games or even new age ones.

You don't gauge the difficulty of group content by taking it on solo.  That's not intended gameplay.  You gauge how hard 5 man dungeon content is by seeing how hard it is for a group of 5 to complete it.  

Telling someone to go solo a world event meant for dozens of players in order to artificially manufacture difficulty is absurd.  It's akin people who suggest--and I've actually seen this--that players seeking increased difficulty should take off all their gear and play naked (thereby demolishing the game's intended progression and nullifying many of the fun rewards.)  Just because the solo player or the naked player would inevitably be defeated by the math, it does not make it difficult.  In fact, it almost has nothing to do with difficulty.  That's just cheap and would likely cause more complaints and lack of difficulty ever would.  

i only said solo because some feel this game is so easy they can roll their face on the keyboard and beat every encounter(direct quote I have seen on here several times) But doing these events with a solid 10 people is still a hell of a time and people still fail them all the time as you can see by the numerous complaints on the official forums about it.

I've seen those quotes too, and often times they are just trolls only looking to incite a reaction.  If the claim "I can beat everything by rolling my face on the keyboard" is meant literally, it's obviously a troll and the only appropriate course of action is to ignore him.  If, however, it is just an exaggeration of a legitimate sentiment, it might be worthwhile to try and identify the source of the sentiment.  

I'll start by saying I think eveyrone who plays GW2 for the first time is surprised by the combat and how hard enemies hit you.  No matter your skill level, past MMO experiences don't prepare you for your first 1v1 mob fights in GW2.  Until you learn to avoid getting hit, you're going to have a hard time.  Most players will die during the leveling process in GW2... a lot.  It all depends on how quick you are to adapt to the new style of combat--a measure of skill, if you will.  Initial reaction: this game actually poses some challenge!  A good thing.  

Then you encounter events, the game's more fluid version of quests.  These brilliant little features bring players together like nothing else.  Soon you see players zipping around chaotically and enemies dropping like flies.  In a very literal sense, you can often just stand still during all of this, not do a thing, and the event will still be completed.  You can totally substitute standing still with "rolling your face across your keyboard."  And unless the ill-advised face-rolling leads to your character careening off a cliff, you wouldn't emerge any worse for wear.  

The sad sense you sometimes get in GW2 is the more people present, the less significant your actions become, to the point where it truly does not matter what you do whatsoever.  There's both a lack of control individual players may experience and a lack of importance placed on individual players' actions when part of a larger group event.  You literally can do the world dragon events by just pressing your 1 button over and over again, as some poster in another thread you and I were involved in suggested.  I would bet the events could be completed if everyone pressed nothing but their 1 spell.  I would love to see such an organized demonstration; maybe that would help shed some light on some of the issue players are having.

Events, being the primary open world pve content, and playing with people usually being a great thing, this can be severely disappointing.  And I think it's this disappointment that some posters channel when they choose to lash out in a few threads that bash the game's overall difficulty.  

It's important to note that numbers can be tweaked and it really wouldn't increase or decrease difficulty, as seen in events that fail all the time.  There's one event in southwestern Plains of Ashford where you have to defend three newly constructed tents from hordes of Flame Legion that keep spawning on all sides for about 10 minutes.  This event is the third part of a chain.  I don't know what comes after because I've never seen this part beaten in about 10 attempts.  The waves upon waves of enemies just ignore players for periods of time and beat on the tents, inevitably taking them down.  The key thing to note is that even though we fail the event every single time, it's by no stretch of the imagination hard.  In fact, it's about as easy as the combat can get.  It's just as easy as your aoe Rift videos.  You just plow into 20+ enemies and start blasting them to smitherines with aoe.  The numbers are just tweaked such that the math doesn't work in your favor.  I actually suspect that maybe the event would be easier if there were fewer players present, and therefore fewer enemies, less culling, and perhaps an easier time keeping them aggroed onto me and off the tents.  

Then there's more to be said about dungeons and more structured group content, and the combat system as a whole.  But this post is getting a little too long as it is :p

i'd be curious about the dragon events if you only had a small group doing them how they would be.. I have never done a dragon event with less than 50 people. There really isn't much they can do about the event scaling with too many people. At some point there is just to many to make it a challenge(Rift has same issue with invasion bosses if there's an oversaturation of people you can just 1 button them to death as you just have ot many people for the encounter) but again that whole issue was really only a big concern at launch and now at the dragon events. I have tried to duplicate my Rift farming in GW2 with every class and no class can come even close to how easy it is in Rift to pull even numerous +3 enemies in Rift.. But mostly due to Rift you have numerous ways to passively and actively heal yourself and gear makes a much bigger impact overall..

I do agree this game is much more enjoyable for events with much fewer people present for the most part as you feel you are really contributing to getting it done..

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

RANDOM THOUGHT OF THE DAY:

Seeing Neverwinter show up as being more popular than GW2 makes me want to punch a baby.

I always knew it would happen one day......but not to neverwinter.....

NOT TO NEVERWINTER image.

ok, continue the original conversation.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Its true, the words "everything is a cakewalk" is an implication that "the game is hard". Truly. It could not possibly mean that "not everything is easy".

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by Maephisto

Seeing Neverwinter show up as being more popular than GW2 makes me want to punch a baby.

i actually enjoy neverwinter a good deal.. the foundry is awesome... i like nw for differen't reasons than I like gw2 so i can easily enjoy both... 

but that's how things always go on this site.. whatever popular game is closest to release will start getting more and more hits if it does well after release ala gw2 you will notice the hits continue to be pretty high if the game doesn't do as well it fades off.. by years end there will be so many new games out no clue what peoples hot topic will be...

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Its true, the words "everything is a cakewalk" is an implication that "the game is hard". Truly. It could not possibly mean that "not everything is easy".

...The thread title is "Everything is a cakewalk? please show me". The first sentence is a question, and that paired with the statement "please show me" implies that the game is not a cakewalk. Most people will translate that as saying the game is hard. 

Personally I think the game is way too easy. Sure the mobs and dungeons can be tough, but does that make the game as a whole hard? No it does not. Everything is handed to you in GW2. If you want to quest, explore, or work on crafting, all you need to do is turn off your brain, look at the mini-map, and start running towards symbols. The game tells you where to go for everything. I find that this destroys any sense of exploration or immersion. The waypoint system also destroys the exploration and immersion. Dying is also not punishing at all, just rezz at the closest waypoint and pick up where you left off. This game is perfect for those looking for an easy mmorpg experience. It's for the instant gratification crowd. I've tried several times to get into the game, but it's just too boring. WvW and sPvP is too repetitive to distract me from the boredom of the rest of the game. I also find the combat to be less strategy and more twitch than a traditional mmorpg. Every other game I play is already twitch based. I look for strategy in mmorpgs. Another big reason I can't get into it is the fact that loot is worthless. Loot is one of the main reasons why I play an mmorpg lol. I guess I'll just stick to mmos, because the only mmorpg worth playing has been the same game for almost a decade now. I haven't played that game for years and I don't intend to play it again.

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    The beginning part of the game is easy, but it does not last!

If your overplaying the game then you can get a char to lvl 80 in less than 2 weeks. I have been playing since just after launch and have 6 level 80 chars. This dose make the game appear to be really easy. However:

Sooner or later, you will need to go in to dungeons. The reason for this is to get the tokens that you need to get better armor. You need the better armor so that you can play the pvp side of the game. With the dungeons being so pathetically hard, it is like hitting a brick wall at 100 miles an hour. Just not doable. Well at least not with out completely re-learning how to play the game so that you last a little longer. So, if your not a hard core player that is willing to not just learn to play to survive but also wait for 4 other players that have also learnt to survive in the dungeons, then this game becomes nothing more than a 2 week venture that provides some fun but not much else!

What really needs to be done IMO is to make lower level pve last a little longer and maybe a little harder so that players can learn the survival skills needed in dungeons! Make the higher level pve a little easier, there are NOT always other players around that can or will help you do the content on level 80 maps. Make the dungeons playable, the whole party being 1 hit by a boss is IMO NOT playable, and after failing several times due to lack of skills or lack of party members with skills, there remains very little desire to try again!

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

The game is just easy. There are few places where you can have some problems, but as a whole is more then easy.

And dungeons are easier then some events, which shouldnt be... we need HARD MODE!!!

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw

Yeah now go watch that video on the link I gave above and listen really hard for my laughter at your tears off in the distance. DaoC was a crap zergfest in a game so imbalanced that Hybernia held mass protests...take off the rose colored glasses, they are preventing you from learning how to play games.

I watched some of it. Let's say he is a great player and that was a great play. What did he gain from those kills? Not much. His effort is wasted. The server scores didn't change at all. In DAoC he would earn realm points (personal PvP progression), his kills would have been broadcasted to every ally's and enemy's chat, and his name would be visible to his enemies the whole time (fame). It was much more rewarding to play well.

Yep, spoken like a DaoC player...no mind at all for actual strategy or knowing the meaning of how to work in a group...when not in a group.

1 player holding up 10 players is 1 player taking 10 people away from helping their side. As the video states, it was made to show how a bunker elementalist is played...it was not made to show you how a god damn team works and as I stated in the above post, 1 BE can hold a large group while your team takes other objectives or delay a group from taking a position long enough for help to arrive.

You have no concept of battle tactics because you are a DaoC player, a war game where the war was in neverland, protected by invisible walls with weak class skills and zerg mentality. This is why my guild steamrolls others, we learned just how deep the classes are in this game, know battle tactics and do things like this which people like you think is stupid or pointless and you never EVER EVER learn why you keep losing.

BTW, PvPing for points or for other people knowing...thats carrot on a stick themepark crap for carebears. PvPers, real PvPers do it because its FUN...not for a reward...im not a dog that needs a scooby snack.

Hmm. Amazing. You have managed to get just about everything wrong in this post.

Did you ever play DAoC before bashing it?

Good players were good players, both in group and solo. DAoC also had FFA servers wich you could have lots of 1 vs 1 fights or even pull of good wins outnumbered.

You come across as a guy that refuses to see whats lacking in GW2 pvp. I personally love pvp, but stopped playing WvWvW because it was no fun.

Your guild steamroll all others because nobody cares. The good pvpers and the good pvp guilds just arent playing GW2 or care to get organized in GW2.

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

The only challenge i ever found in this kind of games is actually soloing stuff, everything else is cakewalk. This goes especially for group content because they give so much leeway for mistakes that it all becomes one big yawnfest. Coreographed dance. Yah, some people like that, but challenging...lol

And GW2 still has more challenging content because in those other games gear is 95% and skill is 5%.

I'd also be curious to see these players show some footage of them destroying in wvw like in the shatter cat videos or the one posted in this thread.. I have seen some incredibly skilled players pull off some amazing things in wvw and in tournament play in PvP... Can't see how anyone could say skill isn't rewarded in PvP unless all they are looking for is a cookie after they win.. I will say more incentives overall in PvP would be nice and get more people to keep playing it but more incentives doesn't change the skill factor

Agreed as it is in all games. The problem with GW2 and the "pvp" crowd is that it initially doesnt attract pvp'ers.

More dedicated pvp'ers and pvp guilds = better competition.

I myself quit early because i found both the BG's and World pvp shallow and zergy.

Originally posted by Grimmx
    I'd also be curious to see these players show some footage of them destroying in wvw like in the shatter cat videos or the one posted in this thread.. I have seen some incredibly skilled players pull off some amazing things in wvw and in tournament play in PvP... Can't see how anyone could say skill isn't rewarded in PvP unless all they are looking for is a cookie after they win.. I will say more incentives overall in PvP would be nice and get more people to keep playing it but more incentives doesn't change the skill factor

Agreed as it is in all games. The problem with GW2 and the "pvp" crowd is that it initially doesnt attract pvp'ers.

I myself quit early because i found both the BG's and World pvp shallow and zergy.

Good players were good players, both in group and solo. DAoC also had FFA servers wich you could have lots of 1 vs 1 fights or even pull of good wins outnumbered.

You come across as a guy that refuses to see whats lacking in GW2 pvp. I personally love pvp, but stopped playing WvWvW because it was no fun.

Your guild steamroll all others because nobody cares. The good pvpers and the good pvp guilds just arent playing GW2 or care to get organized in GW2.

Not attracting you =/= not attracting PvPers

You are not beginning and end of things. As, FYI, theres crapload of PvPers and dedicated PvP guilds in GW2 and a LOT of competition.

And yah, theres no 1 minute mezzes and stuns and such nonsense. And those arent missed.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Maephisto

Sigh.... people enjoy something new and more than GW2? well who could have thought. I bet a lot of people have same reaction when they read your posts. 

No wonder GW2 gets so much flak around here. Not because it is a bad game but because of the intolerant and over zealous fan base.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by tintilinic

Not attracting you =/= not attracting PvPers

You are not beginning and end of things. As, FYI, theres crapload of PvPers and dedicated PvP guilds in GW2 and a LOT of competition.

And yah, theres no 1 minute mezzes and stuns and such nonsense. And those arent missed.

Im not saying im missed.

Im asking why i initially got turned off by GW2 pvp?  And fact is that MMO's that turn people of from the start will struggle tenfold to get them back.

I tried doing alot of BG runs, but it was mostly DPS out of whack and every time i got a good 1 vs 1 going i got added on, or my team mates added my opponent. It was just to small BG's to do anything creative.

WvWvW was just pointless. It was running around zerging keeps back and forth with no feeling of accomplishment at all. Not Realm, guild or personal accomplishment. The keep you defended would fall as soon as the bigger enemy zerg appeard on the horizon.

Sure you can say im here to bash GW2 as that other guy bashed DAoC because i dont know what im talking about.As he didnt know what he was talking about. But ill tell you that ive played all games that had some sort of FFA pvp and most other mmo's that has som other sorts of PvP. But im not playing this one. So why is that?

Im not saying im missed.

Im asking why i initially got turned off by GW2 pvp?  And fact is that MMO's that turn people of from the start will struggle tenfold to get them back.

I tried doing alot of BG runs, but it was mostly DPS out of whack and every time i got a good 1 vs 1 going i got added on, or my team mates added my opponent. It was just to small BG's to do anything creative.

WvWvW was just pointless. It was running around zerging keeps back and forth with no feeling of accomplishment at all. Not Realm, guild or personal accomplishment. The keep you defended would fall as soon as the bigger enemy zerg appeard on the horizon.

Sure you can say im here to bash GW2 as that other guy bashed DAoC because i dont know what im talking about.As he didnt know what he was talking about. But ill tell you that ive played all games that had some sort of FFA pvp and most other mmo's that has som other sorts of PvP. But im not playing this one. So why is that?

Is it possible that you....just dont like the game.

And its fine saying "I dont like it" but when you expand it to "every PvPer" it kinda sounds a bit egoistic.

And when bigger force arrives in most cases keep falls. Its how its supposed to be. In fact it would be ultra boring if you could bunker yourself in the keep with few people and still win indefinately (which happens, just to remind you, if attacking force is true random zerg).

As anything else in GW2 its designed to be dynamic and fast paced and its great, crapload people enjoy it and theres still crapload guilds/players from DAOC/WAR etc. playing nad enjoying it.

You dont enjoy it, dont play it, plain and simple, but its just you and only you and you dont speak for anyone else.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by zastroph

Sooner or later, you will need to go in to dungeons. The reason for this is to get the tokens that you need to get better armor. You need the better armor so that you can play the pvp side of the game. With the dungeons being so pathetically hard, it is like hitting a brick wall at 100 miles an hour. Just not doable. Well at least not with out completely re-learning how to play the game so that you last a little longer. So, if your not a hard core player that is willing to not just learn to play to survive but also wait for 4 other players that have also learnt to survive in the dungeons, then this game becomes nothing more than a 2 week venture that provides some fun but not much else!

Dungeons being pathetically hard ? You are kidding here right xD

just lols :)

Originally posted by Dogblaster

Dungeons being pathetically hard ? You are kidding right here right? There is no hard dungeon here, maybe for bad pugs or players who had wrong build and full berserker gear but for normal friend group/guild group or even avarage random group there is no hard dungeon.

I dont know what you guys are used to but there are a lot more harder mmorpgs harder and have a lot higher learning curve than easy GW2 and yet you complain gw2 is hard. Will kids over the next 10 years complain that creating an account is too hard for them, please nerf it !!!

just lols :)

What is just lols i this part:

"there are a lot more harder mmorpgs harder and have a lot higher learning curve"

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Do tell of those "hard" MMOs. need a bit of laugh.

There is only one ive played (and ive pretty much played em all), wel llearning curve at least.

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    I played it for a week then I could not stand it anymore. I gave my account to my 9 year old son and he is quite happily having a good ol time. Not a complete loss, just way too easy and not very engaging for me as an adult. Probably around the lv of my boy since he is having such a good time, so I cant really knock it since it is holding someones attention at least =)