Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would encourage you to start playing EVE?

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by bobm111

Originally posted by Malcanis I'm looking for ideas to take to CCP.  
    well and even playing field in Eve would really be nice. Thus removing moon goo from the big alliances who are spoon fed enormous passive income to run there operations. its been talked about and even  promised but ccp always gives in to those long time subcribers and big alliances who stack the so called player run stellar councill.

So if you want people to come back then or play the game then stop the trillions of  iskies from moon goo into the hands of big alliances.

Moongoo solutions have been offered on many occasions, like depleting moon materials, spread them around all regions, offer players different ways to get those materials apart from putting up towers in 0.0 which ofc will be blobbed by 100 supercaps the second you ever manage to take one.

The problem is CCP who acknowledge the problems, yet don't WANT to fix them because:

1: they are in the game themselves and heavily involved in those same alliances that benefit + control the moongoo markets.

2: you have ex-players like for example Soundwave+Darius Johnson working for CCP now and diverting the attention to adding less important content instead of fixing these gamebreaking issues.

Recruiting former players who encouraged exploiting and trying to break the game as developers/senior Staff is a baaaaad idea. :P

So don't expect a fix about moongoo untill one of the big blobs like CFC dies and loses their moongoo, untill then it stays the RMT machine it always was.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Improved space. EVE's space looks good, but it's just an empty area for players and interactable objects to float in. I'd prefer something with more interesting content. For example, dynamic environmental hazards (toxic gas clouds, dangerous metorites, etc.) could be interesting. Then again, I'm not sure how well content like that would work with EVE's eccentric movement controls.
  • pinktailzpinktailz Member UncommonPosts: 173
    content, because there is no content at all
  • bobm111bobm111 Member Posts: 153

However your post does highlight one important recurring issue: new players are given incorrect information which leads to the false perception that they can only ever be oppressed untermensch.  The skillpoint cap issue is another excellent example of this - skills are capped; you can only get them to level 5, and after you've maxed your skills for a ship, all you can do is diversify the range of ships you can fly. 

well mate,

Despite the fluff the point is still huge alliances have and enormus passive income to operate with from moon goo and ccp continues to let it happen. It  also could be called a monopoly where the price of moon goo effects many areas of the game like t2 ships . And ccp defending this monopoly time and again by letting it continue patch after patch. For newer players its hardly the skill point barrier you need to worry about. Ten low sp pilots can take down anybody in the game. But you can not get past the fact that certain alliances control the flow of key resources for building things thus controling the market.

Notice that the goo monopoly which the goons as well as others control is a game breaker and makes newer players slaves upon entering the game. notice since the big silent deal not to attack each others goo moons prices on t2 ships have trippled.

So crocodile tears do not inpress me and my warning to newer players is that as soon as you enter the game because of stuff like this you are being handled like cattle by the big alliances who have made deals with each other to not rock the moon goo boat. And ccp knows very well that this is 1 of the fundemental problems of the eve economy. Not to mention getting into 0.0 for small alliances except perhaps in providence where NRDS and no goo is found.

But weighed against losing these long time players ccp elects to turn the other way on such a fundemental issue. And being that like in real life these people have lobbies and elected polticians to smokescreen the whole issue doesnt help.

But it is a great game and i recommend people giving it ago but with open eyes. there are forces in this game which want to enslave you from the start.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Muke

Originally posted by Malcanis I'm looking for ideas to take to CCP.  
    well and even playing field in Eve would really be nice. Thus removing moon goo from the big alliances who are spoon fed enormous passive income to run there operations. its been talked about and even  promised but ccp always gives in to those long time subcribers and big alliances who stack the so called player run stellar councill.

So if you want people to come back then or play the game then stop the trillions of  iskies from moon goo into the hands of big alliances.

Moongoo solutions have been offered on many occasions, like depleting moon materials, spread them around all regions, offer players different ways to get those materials apart from putting up towers in 0.0 which ofc will be blobbed by 100 supercaps the second you ever manage to take one.

The problem is CCP who acknowledge the problems, yet don't WANT to fix them because:

1: they are in the game themselves and heavily involved in those same alliances that benefit + control the moongoo markets.

2: you have ex-players like for example Soundwave+Darius Johnson working for CCP now and diverting the attention to adding less important content instead of fixing these gamebreaking issues.

Recruiting former players who encouraged exploiting and trying to break the game as developers/senior Staff is a baaaaad idea. :P

So don't expect a fix about moongoo untill one of the big blobs like CFC dies and loses their moongoo, untill then it stays the RMT machine it always was.

Someone's been smoking some strong shit to even suggest those two points. I am not involved in 0.0 and haven't been for years but even I see the terribly bad logic you use because at current the "RMT machines" are Incursions and C5 and C6 wormholes, don't believe me? I have friends who make 1-2 bil a week casually doing Incursions and C5-C6 wormholes that are properly farmed will produce shit tons of value sleeper loot ( 20-30 man fleets can pull 100-200 mil per pilot per site, that's 2-3 billion isk per total in assets for 1 maybe 2 hours of work). Compared to these two Moongoo is a joke and if a serious alliance ever managed to lock down 10-20 C6 wormholes and farm them properly Goonswarm might be in allot of shit (sure the serious alliance couldn't field t2s because Goonswarm control that bottleneck but instead they could field retarded amounts of t1 and t3 ships and the only way Goonswarm could hope to hit them heavily enough to knock out their C6 farms would be to embargo ice harvesting in high-sec completely which in turn causes allot of angry high-sec and wormhole corps to join in on wailing on goonswarm, the only reason this has not happened yet is because no one has yet had the vested interest in doing this to my knowledge).

Ok unfortunately the op is trying to put up a smokescreen claiming that moon goo is hardly the issue. RMT and stuff is happening in whs. What a load of crap. Which brings us to how incursions were changed when the big alliances saw people making billions of isk in hi sec and fundementally breaking there power via moon goo. Why ccp nerfed the incursions to stop newer players from being independent of the big alliances. Faction war was first buffed then nerfed for same reason.

Worm holes politics certainly has nt effected the economy of the game and the big alliances control of key resources to control the market and if they ever do the big alliances and there lobbies and politicians inside ccp will put a stop to that.

Stop covering for these monopolists and players ruining the game so they can keep playing in there little sandbox. The last thing they want is Eve to grow beyond there control.

Ok unfortunately the op is trying to put up a smokescreen claiming that moon goo is hardly the issue. RMT and stuff is happening in whs. What a load of crap. Which brings us to how incursions were changed when the big alliances saw people making billions of isk in hi sec and fundementally breaking there power via moon goo. Why ccp nerfed the incursions to stop newer players from being independent of the big alliances. Faction war was first buffed then nerfed for same reason.

Worm holes politics certainly has nt effected the economy of the game and the big alliances control of key resources to control the market and if they ever do the big alliances and there lobbies and politicians inside ccp will put a stop to that.

Stop covering for these monopolists and players ruining the game so they can keep playing in there little sandbox. The last thing they want is Eve to grow beyond there control.

Sounds like someone is a little bit sore he can't turn a profit in t2 production, take an example from one of my corp mates: tech 3 production while more skill intensive requires no moon products, it is all readily made with wormhole loot and with the venture frigate introduced you truly do not have an excuse not to (before mining gas could've been an issue, now if you spend a a couple of weeks training in gas harvesting and getting the frigate skill up to level 5 you have a frigate which can only be caught by interdiction bubbles and can mine with 2 turrets the output of 5).

As for the incursion "nerf", said nerf to quote one of my friends was "barely noticeable" considering professional incursion runners don't only run one type of incursion (only vanguards got hit with the nerf because they were too profitable considering their positioning in space and the ease with which they were done).

Now if you wanna continue spouting rhetoric which has about as much to do with EVE-Online as Zeus's ass be my guest but anyone with the capability of rational thought will see what your demagoguery is (hint: it has something to do with laziness and butthurt).

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by elocke
    Eve is one of those games I like to read about and am intrigued by the whole setting and depth of it yet when I play I find the sit back tactical aspect of combat instead of twitch on the fly combat and the sit and wait for progression aspect the 2 main points that don't keep me playing.   Don't think those can be fixed without the game becoming something else.  

yep, EVE simply doesn't offer that kind of experience, and it would have to be pretty much re-written from the ground up as a different game in order to do so.

Dust 514 is CCP's first answer to this issue, but of course it's limited to PS3 owners (This isn't as big a limitation as people make out; second hand PS3s don't cost all that much more than a full price game, or even less if you're willing to get one with a broken bluray player).

CCP Unifex has dropped plenty of hints that CCP would like to attach more games to the EVE universe. If Dust is a success, I'd expect them to start on another similar project.  I'd be more than happy to suggest a flight shooter-sim set in the many, many gas-giant environments that the EVE cluster contains. For the PC.

But this does run into the "No ideas that would take 150 dev-years to implement, please" limitation...

Yeah, sorry bout that.  But that's why I'm really looking forward to World of Darkness to see how they handle a living world feel and see if it has the same depth and style(in it's own genre of course) that Eve brings to the table. 

On a side note, they should make an Eve movie or tv show but have it be mature similar to the Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Spartacus or Game of Thrones.  I'd be hooked.

Originally posted by Dihoru

Sounds like someone is a little bit sore he can't turn a profit in t2 production, take an example from one of my corp mates: tech 3 production while more skill intensive requires no moon products, it is all readily made with wormhole loot and with the venture frigate introduced you truly do not have an excuse not to (before mining gas could've been an issue, now if you spend a a couple of weeks training in gas harvesting and getting the frigate skill up to level 5 you have a frigate which can only be caught by interdiction bubbles and can mine with 2 turrets the output of 5).

As for the incursion "nerf", said nerf to quote one of my friends was "barely noticeable" considering professional incursion runners don't only run one type of incursion (only vanguards got hit with the nerf because they were too profitable considering their positioning in space and the ease with which they were done).

Now if you wanna continue spouting rhetoric which has about as much to do with EVE-Online as Zeus's ass be my guest but anyone with the capability of rational thought will see what your demagoguery is (hint: it has something to do with laziness and butthurt).

Actually mate was making dreads which do not require moo goo.But you miss the point is there a monopoly on moo goo in eve? Does it effect t2 productions? Is there a hidden agreement not to touch the moo goo holy cow. Is there a lobby and politicians who time and again have sabotaged doing anythin about it and has ccp done anything about it.

This is hardly retoric but facts widely known.

and your arguement about t3s and whs basically proves my point it does not effect the monopoly now present in central parts of eve via moo goo.

But once again eve is a great game unfortunately some of these so called alliances are destroying eve thru there power and monopolist tendencies. and people who decide to take up eve should do so with there eyes open.

And i have" friends" to doing incursions who tell quite a different story.

Eve is one of those games I like to read about and am intrigued by the whole setting and depth of it yet when I play I find the sit back tactical aspect of combat instead of twitch on the fly combat and the sit and wait for progression aspect the 2 main points that don't keep me playing.   Don't think those can be fixed without the game becoming something else.  

yep, EVE simply doesn't offer that kind of experience, and it would have to be pretty much re-written from the ground up as a different game in order to do so.

Dust 514 is CCP's first answer to this issue, but of course it's limited to PS3 owners (This isn't as big a limitation as people make out; second hand PS3s don't cost all that much more than a full price game, or even less if you're willing to get one with a broken bluray player).

CCP Unifex has dropped plenty of hints that CCP would like to attach more games to the EVE universe. If Dust is a success, I'd expect them to start on another similar project.  I'd be more than happy to suggest a flight shooter-sim set in the many, many gas-giant environments that the EVE cluster contains. For the PC.

But this does run into the "No ideas that would take 150 dev-years to implement, please" limitation...

Yeah, sorry bout that.  But that's why I'm really looking forward to World of Darkness to see how they handle a living world feel and see if it has the same depth and style(in it's own genre of course) that Eve brings to the table. 

On a side note, they should make an Eve movie or tv show but have it be mature similar to the Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Spartacus or Game of Thrones.  I'd be hooked.

While not CCP made, and I doubt you donno it but still:

Clear Skies 1

Clear Skies 2

and

Clear Skies 3

(3 gets a bit more dramatic).

• itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86

Say one thing about the Eve fans, they're dedicated to their game

Unfortunately its niche, and my free trial tryout bored me almost to death, so there's pretty much nothing that could make me want to subject myself to this game again

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by pinktailz
    content, because there is no content at all

EVE's content is the interaction with other players.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    I would start playing if they took the game and instead of spaceships they had dragons. And instead of space stations they had majestic cities. Basically if EvE was high fantasy instead of stuck in space I would play the HELL out of it.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

However your post does highlight one important recurring issue: new players are given incorrect information which leads to the false perception that they can only ever be oppressed untermensch.  The skillpoint cap issue is another excellent example of this - skills are capped; you can only get them to level 5, and after you've maxed your skills for a ship, all you can do is diversify the range of ships you can fly. 

well mate,

Despite the fluff the point is still huge alliances have and enormus passive income to operate with from moon goo and ccp continues to let it happen. It  also could be called a monopoly where the price of moon goo effects many areas of the game like t2 ships . And ccp defending this monopoly time and again by letting it continue patch after patch. For newer players its hardly the skill point barrier you need to worry about. Ten low sp pilots can take down anybody in the game. But you can not get past the fact that certain alliances control the flow of key resources for building things thus controling the market.

Notice that the goo monopoly which the goons as well as others control is a game breaker and makes newer players slaves upon entering the game. notice since the big silent deal not to attack each others goo moons prices on t2 ships have trippled.

So crocodile tears do not inpress me and my warning to newer players is that as soon as you enter the game because of stuff like this you are being handled like cattle by the big alliances who have made deals with each other to not rock the moon goo boat. And ccp knows very well that this is 1 of the fundemental problems of the eve economy. Not to mention getting into 0.0 for small alliances except perhaps in providence where NRDS and no goo is found.

But weighed against losing these long time players ccp elects to turn the other way on such a fundemental issue. And being that like in real life these people have lobbies and elected polticians to smokescreen the whole issue doesnt help.

But it is a great game and i recommend people giving it ago but with open eyes. there are forces in this game which want to enslave you from the start.

You are apparently not aware that no one alliance or even bloc has a monopoly on any kind of moon goo, particularly since CCP reintroduced Alchemy, and now Technetium can be synthesised from (IIRC) Cobalt and Platinum, two pretty common and widely distributed moons. Since when Technetium has fallen to ~1/3 of its peak price (ie: to just below the level of the cost of synthesising it).

You seem to be an excellent example of someone who has been enraged by misleading propaganda into thinking that you're much worse off that you really are. Might I suggest that you get your information from a wider range of sources?

• WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501

All it would take for me to go back is if they remade the game.

Changed how the skill progression worked and changed the money faucet from PvE to mining.

And made more of a money sink out of using ships.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

Take out incursions out right they were never meant to be permanet.

Stop using being a b-bag as a advertising pitch (it's not helping its hurting, the game already has enough a-hole's). 

Do something about "Hulkageddon"  its not stopping script miners it's killing all miners and its bs.

Aside from that stop making the game easy for people to be dicks ....yea I know its the way of eve and all that ....It's not the way of eve its the way they pitched it to people and its getting old after the last few years with a huge influx of griefers, gankers, thiefs, awoxers, and just flat out pittiful people.

When I started eve it was not like it is now the way CCP has allowed it to go and the way they are pushing it will kill it. I know way to many people that have quit that were long time players due to many reasons but mainly the game is just a d-bag heaven now and pretty much rewards it.

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

Removing the PLEX system, no form of paying for power/advancement. If they could find a way to prevent botting, seeing mining/mission bots all over the place makes me completely lose motivation to play. I would prefer if every player was limited to one account and one character on that account but I don't see a way to accomplish that and CCP would be shooting themselves in the foot.

A server that resets every 6 months or so with faster skill training, this would mean everyone can start on equal footing every X months and would create alot more action in the game.

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Would encourage me to get dust514 on PC .
    Originally posted by WW4BW

All it would take for me to go back is if they remade the game.

Changed how the skill progression worked and changed the money faucet from PvE to mining.

And made more of a money sink out of using ships.

I'm afraid none of your 3 wishes are likely to be granted.

And by "afraid", I mean "glad".

Originally posted by Foncl

Removing the PLEX system, no form of paying for power/advancement. If they could find a way to prevent botting, seeing mining/mission bots all over the place makes me completely lose motivation to play. I would prefer if every player was limited to one account and one character on that account but I don't see a way to accomplish that and CCP would be shooting themselves in the foot.

A server that resets every 6 months or so with faster skill training, this would mean everyone can start on equal footing every X months and would create alot more action in the game.

I'm not sure that any MMO will ever be able to "eliminate" botting, but CCP have been persecuting bottters pretty hard.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I'm looking for ideas to take to CCP. I'm not interested in stupid stuff like "Change EVE into being a PvE grind4epix" or ideas that would take 50 devs 2.5 years to implement, but small, developmentally affordable things that would help people who are attracted to EVE but ran into this roadblock or that dead end.  Basically, stuff to smooth the path into the game.

To give an example of the kind of stuff I'm after: I had an idea to reform the NPC corps. At the moment, if you're not in a player corp, you default into an NPC corp which you don't even get to choose.  I'd like to see NPC corps offer some small bonuses/penalties, advantages/drawbacks, restrictions/opportunities that basically make this NPC corp a natural choice for miners, that NPC corp a good choice for haulers, and so on.  This would mean that people who don't want to be in a player corp, or just haven't managed to get into one that they like yet will still be in a community of people with similar interests.  As well as having like-minded players to talk to, this would make for a good basis for new corps to be formed from.

1. I am not interested in joing a 10 year old game that awards xp based on time of account.....To my eyes I am forever 10 years behind.

2. (red) I read too much bad bad bad publicity about the Goons and other corps making it very un-fun and exclisionary. Where the (red) comes in is that the OP is right out of the gate calling others stupid, making me wonder if all the publicity I see about the Goons is actually an acurate portrayal of EVE.

Originally posted by vonryan123

Take out incursions out right they were never meant to be permanet.

Stop using being a b-bag as a advertising pitch (it's not helping its hurting, the game already has enough a-hole's). 

Do something about "Hulkageddon"  its not stopping script miners it's killing all miners and its bs.

Aside from that stop making the game easy for people to be dicks ....yea I know its the way of eve and all that ....It's not the way of eve its the way they pitched it to people and its getting old after the last few years with a huge influx of griefers, gankers, thiefs, awoxers, and just flat out pittiful people.

When I started eve it was not like it is now the way CCP has allowed it to go and the way they are pushing it will kill it. I know way to many people that have quit that were long time players due to many reasons but mainly the game is just a d-bag heaven now and pretty much rewards it.

I am not a d-bag, I am an old guard, I am a nice guy and sure I get ganked from time to time but everytime I do I make sure to make them pay ^^ hell one time during a hulkaggedon a alpha poc tried to pop my tengu thinking it was speed tanked, fast forward to me adding several more million to my mission's loot :D and the times I've made the guys ganking me convo me (or my fleet mates) going "fuck dude... nice fight" makes up for any hurt I might feel for pixels lost ;).

I am truly sorry you feel EVE has changed when it really hasn't except maybe for the better, hell when EVE first launched they had so many loopholes actual d-bags took to using them to the point at which CCP had to tweak core mechanics to close to loopholes, if you don't believe me google m0o pirates eve online and have fun reading up on how EVE never really changed, it just got more crowded :P (with good and bad people, I've got a group of solid friends in-game I've never met in real life, yet, and enjoy the game for what it is: a pretty good simulation of too many monkies in one barrel :P).

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

I'm looking for ideas to take to CCP. I'm not interested in stupid stuff like "Change EVE into being a PvE grind4epix" or ideas that would take 50 devs 2.5 years to implement, but small, developmentally affordable things that would help people who are attracted to EVE but ran into this roadblock or that dead end.  Basically, stuff to smooth the path into the game. 

There really isnt outside of creating a new universe where PvP is optional.

Without that all new players must whore themselves for protection...right now the biggest roadblock for new players is the fact that the entire game is controlled by vets and they stand NO CHANCE against them. Its too hard to just log in and get into the game. Its the same thing in all FFA PvP games, once the game has been out for a while, new players get the short end of the stick.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by DEXA88
    Would encourage me to get dust514 on PC .

Why would that be more likely to encourage you to play EVE? Wouldn't it just encourage you to play DUST?

obviously 3 months of alchemy has revolutionized the monopoly on moo goo and prices of t2 ships. sure and pigs fly.

and implying a monopoly never existed and still exists is just mind boggling.

Once again you can play on those terms i prefer not to so my ships are docked my wallet full of billions of isk from building dreads and freighters.

and i still say that the old timers have become and obstacle to eve growing thru their lobbying, politics, and stacking the council. Especially in 0.0 but also the entire economy of both 0.0 and hi sec.

The present naps (non agression pacts) for those new to eve says reams about reality in 0.0. Those naps make you the new player grind three times the amount of isk to grow whether you live in 0.0 or not. While the big alliances being spoon fed iskies thru monopolies get free ships.

Sov bills are payed not thru any kind of actual work but passive income which leave large areas of space empty. And these alliances are responsible for this and defend it tooth and nail both ingame and on forums like this.

a third of all isk if not more spent in the game goes into the wallets of these alliances because of monopolies. That means when a poor slob mines 3 asteroids 1 maybe 2 of them the income winds up in the wallet of the monopolies via the market.

thats my take and all can interpet eve as they will and play it if they like.