Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for keyboard and mouse

eckardteckardt Member UncommonPosts: 48

I´m looking for a new keyboard and mouse to play mmorpg´s like gw2, tsw and aoc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Budget limitations?  Experience with past keyboards/mice you have like/disliked?  These would be good places to start before people starting throwing ideas out there that could be totally off base.
  • eckardteckardt Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by miguksaram
    Budget limitations?  Experience with past keyboards/mice you have like/disliked?  These would be good places to start before people starting throwing ideas out there that could be totally off base.

You are absolutely right.

Budget would be about € 200 to buy both.

I had some logitech´s but not for gamers, so i´m opened to every sugestion with some valid arguments

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
  • cynistrecynistre Member Posts: 6

get the new func mouse http://www.func.net/ 

and the new apex keyboard http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-apex-gaming-keyboard

I'll be ordering these later this week.

Originally posted by eckardt
    Originally posted by miguksaram

You are absolutely right.

Budget would be about € 200 to buy both.

I had some logitech´s but not for gamers, so i´m opened to every sugestion with some valid arguments

Second round of questions now that I realize you aren't, most likely will not be, ordering from a US online retailer.  Do you have a preference for an online retailer in your country?  Given the budget I would make some suggestions but I'd prefer to wait until you designate some site preferences.

I've owned most of the popular mice/keyboards/gamepads on the market and I've found what works best for me (logitech G13, G600 and Ducky Shine II 10-keyless keyboard) but that doesn't mean it will suite your needs.  I recently traded my Razer Blackwindow Ultimate keyboard for my current one (both are mechanical) and while I lost all the gaming macro capability of the Razer version the quality and size of the Ducky are much better IMHO.  Besides between the Logitech G13 gamepad and G600 mouse the macro's on the keyboard were total overkill.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

Honestly, just buy a basic cheap keyboard.  For the mouse, just get something fairly basic like a Logitech M705 ($50).  When you get to the point that you actually have a reason for the more expensive stuff, then you'll know what you need.  Until then, don't stress out about features you may or may not need.

Unless of course you're just rolling in money and couldn't care less what it costs.  If that's the case, just browse through RazorZone.com to get an idea of how rediculous some of the prices can get.

You make me like charity

• PenryPenry Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Mouse: Razer Naga
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

I own an MMO7, G600 and a Razer Naga and I can give facts about all of them.

The MMO 7 would be my last choice for two reasons: price and quality.  The price is too steep and the manufacturing defects have been fairly rampant.  It has all the buttons you could need to play most games, but many of these buttons are awkwardly positioned and take a lot more time training muscle memory than the G600 or Razer Naga.  The one, huge reason that I bought this mouse in the first place is because it comes with a mode where you can lock the right click down.  This means those of us who are mouse turners don't have to keep the mouse button pushed down for hours while playing.   In the end, however, this didn't overcome it's many faults.

Razer Naga 2012 is the only Naga you should buy if you want one.  The problem with the original Naga is that it was build for people with long, slender hands.  Wide hands with shorter fingers, such as mine, were extremely uncomfortable using this mouse.  Razer responded to our requests with the Naga 2012 and now it comes with interchangeable hand grips for three different hand widths.  Personally, this is the mouse I use all the time.  It's light, it tracks very well and the 12 buttons are quick and intuitive to learn to use.

The G600 is the middle of the road mouse for me.  It was ergonomically comfortable, but the buttons sit in a recessed indent on the side and weren't nearly as easy to find in the heath of a PVP match or boss fight as the Naga buttons.  Basically Logitech saw an opportunity to make some money and didn't put a lot of design attention into this mouse, they simply raced to get an MMO mouse on the market to pull some shares.

As for keyboards.  There is only one to rule them all:  Das Keyboard.

Originally posted by h0urg1ass

The G600 is the middle of the road mouse for me.  It was ergonomically comfortable, but the buttons sit in a recessed indent on the side and weren't nearly as easy to find in the heath of a PVP match or boss fight as the Naga buttons.  Basically Logitech saw an opportunity to make some money and didn't put a lot of design attention into this mouse, they simply raced to get an MMO mouse on the market to pull some shares.

And this is where it's really just a matter of personal preference.  I also own both the original Naga and the 2012 version and for me at least the G600 is much easier to utilize all 12 side buttons over the Naga's specifically because of the indents making it easier to distinguish the rows apart.  And while I know for some the G-shift key is more a pain because of how it forces you hand to rest again for me it's MUCH easier to hold that down with a finger I would otherwise no be using than an actual key on my keyboard.  But as I, and others have hinted at, when it comes to these type of interface devices no one can really recommend what will be best for "you".