Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Third Anniversary State of the Game

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

They posted the State of the Game for the 3rd Anniversary, giving a rundown on everything that's happened in the last year.

Looks like another Feature Episode will be on the way this Thursday as well, with the Ambassador or Kamarag ships as the reward for completing it.

As far as the future is concerned, they had this to say:

"In the coming months, we will begin to reveal our vision for the future. We’ll discuss and preview new adventures, new enemies, new events, and even more surprises that will define the roadmap for the years to come. We’ll answer some long standing questions about how we view existing and future factions in the game, and we’ll give details about how we plan to advance the overall storyline and resolve outstanding issues in the game. With the full effort of the development staff cranking it to Warp 9 (even moving to a 6 day work week!) this is poised to be the best year of Star Trek Online yet."

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=807901

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• ValoreahValoreah Member Posts: 75

I'm looking forward to the next FE and the Ambassador.  :)

As for the rest, I'll reserve judgement until I see it.  Cryptic has a habit of making a lot of promises that they can't deliver on.  It is encouraging to hear about the 6 day work week.  Too bad it only seems to apply to STO .... CO is really hurting for content :(

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552
    I just jumped back into it after some marketing about the 3rd anniversary hit my inbox, its pretty impressive how they are turning this game around. Now to clarify something I was never in the "zomg this game is terrible" camp, I thought the idea was good and they had the core of what could really be a good game. But instead it was mediocre and starved for content, I would guess financial issues starved the development and rushed the game out the door. 

If Cryptic are going to work a Six day working week that might be a sign of increased investment (or PWE slave driving Cryptic) and I think thats the more likely option as you can see how its working in the development of the game. 

Theres a lot more content and more stuff to do, the F2P is not that invasive but it is fairly well embedded in the game so you do constantly come across it but its usually just little symbols showing the option to buy ZEN. 

Overall the game is getting a lot better.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Hey all here is a honest opinion on star treck online .  The game needs polish the transition screens are horrible but.

The changes they have made to the content are brilliant and the game is fun to play. Yes this game is fun to play , I have come back after 2 years away and I am enjoying playing , the game is cool and the changes that PW have made have made the  game enjoyable.

Now if they fix the crafting so it's not such a grind they will have a nice game . 

I have been playing the main storyline and the storytelling is captivating can't wait to see what I can get up to tonight. 

I even dropped some $$$ into more duty officers. This aspect I am really enjoying spent 2 hours planning  my next missions .

I recommend this game to others now it is in this state.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Originally posted by cyrician
     Now if they fix the crafting so it's not such a grind they will have a nice game .  I have been playing the main storyline and the storytelling is captivating can't wait to see what I can get up to tonight.  I even dropped some $$$ into more duty officers. This aspect I am really enjoying spent 2 hours planning  my next missions . I recommend this game to others now it is in this state.  

I feel that if they just upgraded the crafting system, like a mass overhaul, then that would be enough to make me log in a lot more.

I too have not spent any real money in-game. I flat out refuse to. I delete any and all lock boxes I come across. I like some of the ship designs they come out with, but sure as hell wont pay 25 bucks for a ship skin with slightly improved bridge officer stations and passive bonuses.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

this is a good game,,lots of pew pew, lots of orion slavegirls with very little clothes

and for free, if budget is tight

after a hard period, this game is finally picking up pace

and for the record,,this is how you make a good mmo:

start small, and build up slowly, with player feedback

who knows,,perhaps we willl have a full klingon campaign before 2020?