Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Kickstarter donation thread. What are you putting in, if when its available and you feel comfort

Comments

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    $750
  • Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by shadevice
    Originally posted by Dexter2010
    I considered making a contribution but read about a certain company..........So I'll just buy if these games ever make it. I think I've come across too many cases of vaporware and fraud. Those fakers have really ruined things for others.

I don't know Mark Jacobs personally, but he is too well connected and known in the gaming industry to put his name out there and fraud people out of a mere 2 million.

If that happened, his name, his future, his career is completely destroyed. 2 million is hardly money to retire and escape to some secluded island and sip on Mai Tai's for his remaining days.

I'm refering to someone entirely different.

• shadeviceshadevice Member CommonPosts: 68
    I considered making a contribution but read about a certain company..........So I'll just buy if these games ever make it. I think I've come across too many cases of vaporware and fraud. Those fakers have really ruined things for others.

I don't know Mark Jacobs personally, but he is too well connected and known in the gaming industry to put his name out there and fraud people out of a mere 2 million.

If that happened, his name, his future, his career is completely destroyed. 2 million is hardly money to retire and escape to some secluded island and sip on Mai Tai's for his remaining days.

Than your initial post makes no sense to this thread or CU or mark. 

• KrullenKrullen Member Posts: 18
    $500 minimum, same as everyone in my guild. More if the reward gets your mark in the game somehow.

Everyone who I know who played daoc is now in their early to late 30's. Secure enough financially and keen enough to try make a difference for this venture. Paying for beta acces is a no brainer. We are all talking directly to the dev in here and I really think he's going to listen. Beta testing this properly is going to be important to get more good gamers at release.

I want a new home. I've bounced from so many mmo's now that lacked either end content or community.  This game is aimed at me and every other experienced mmo gamer that loves rvr and I like that. I want it to work. I want to be in and fight against, shit hot 8 mans, guilds, zergs, whatever. Enough to get me posting like a fanboi.

The genre has been in the carebare wilderness for too long.

DAOC - Krullen - Hero/Tristan

• ZakatakZakatak Member Posts: 17

Depending on when the Kickstarter starts... 100-300 for me.  I have many friends who miss the game and are out there playing everything that comes out, coming out dissatisfied.  I miss 8manning open rvr, battlegrounds, even keep/relic raids.  Pre SI all the way through release of WoW.... so I can't remember how many years I played DAoC. 

Bige - Bors.
    Bigge, Zmallz, Reiggn, Faty)

(Everquest(99-02), Lineage(01-02), DAoC(02-09), WoW(07), WAR(10-11), Rift(11)
    Nothing Current.

• Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade Member Posts: 156

Even though this isn´t Dark Age of Camelot 2, I´m still confident, that the old fanbase from DAoC will provide a lot of the funding here. This isn´t just any new announced Kickstarter Campaign, with a vision unrelated to something before. This is still a game many hope to become their DAoC 2, simply because of the similarities.

And the veteran DAoC Players not only crave for a new home, many of them are financially secured. I believe there will be a lot of donations with an amount of 100$ and even more. Thats not something many Kickstart Campaigns do see, because of people being cautious.

CU is something emotional for at lot of us out there though and I would be more than just surprised if this game isn´t funded really quickly.

Which of course doesn´t mean we should stop to spread the word. Nothing is funded yet and even if it was - every additional donation might fund another stretch goal :)

Camelot Unchained Fanpage
    https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• AdeptusArbitratorAdeptusArbitrator Member Posts: 35
    A few hundred, possibly stretching up to a thousand if I can get the disposable income by the closing date. Luckily, the sterling is worth a fair bit more than the dollar so I can contribute a fair amount without breaking my wallet ($1000 = £650ish).

camelot-rp.enjin.com - A hub for roleplayers in Camelot Unchained!

• CyborWolfTKCyborWolfTK Member Posts: 77

$10- 1000.

I will start with 10 and add more when we get more information.

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101
    Depends a lot on the information we get when the kickstarter goes live, but probably not less than 100 bucks.

• tokeshtokesh Member Posts: 35
    whatever alpha access costs.
  • General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by WabbaWay
    Depends a lot on the information we get when the kickstarter goes live, but probably not less than 100 bucks.

This.

Zod would like to add this quote...

"it aint trickin if you got it". - Fabolous

Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod
    Originally posted by WabbaWay

This.

Zod would like to add this quote...

"it aint trickin if you got it". - Fabolous

T.I said that too in "whatever you like"

ha, that so fits a kickstarter :P

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Sure it does. Despite how reputatable someone may be, I'm still reluctant to back on account of other bad apples. Most people don't fail on purpose but when they do, they can weasel their way out of being accountable. What's to stop people from asking for $100k, and misapropriating $20k? How do you respond to hearing "we're still working on it so we're not refunding you!" after 15 years?

• NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100
    Like many on here... $100-200 big ones... maybe more. But do not care about rewards.

Been waiting for a spiritual successor to DAoC since, well, DAoC crashed & burned with ToA & NF.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY

• sweetdigssweetdigs Member Posts: 196
    I'm probably looking at $100 or so.  Depends on what they include.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

If they have a workable prototype ready to show, and it looks promising, I will throw a chunk of change at them.  Even if it is raw mechanism diagrams, player class outlines, RvR maps or even a listing of how the money donated will be utilized.

Right now, all we have is development principles and concepts.  Throwing money at them without seeing something first goes against all sound principles as a consumer.

TBH, I will have to force myself not to donate because I really hope this game turns out well.  I feel it is important to see something first though.

EDIT:  Given the above is satisfied, I can see giving $50 - $100.

• sweetdigssweetdigs Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by Maephisto

If they have a workable prototype ready to show, and it looks promising, I will throw a chunk of change at them.  Even if it is raw mechanism diagrams, player class outlines, RvR maps or even a listing of how the money donated will be utilized.

Right now, all we have is development principles and concepts.  Throwing money at them without seeing something first goes against all sound principles as a consumer.

TBH, I will have to force myself not to donate because I really hope this game turns out well.  I feel it is important to see something first though.

EDIT:  Given the above is satisfied, I can see giving $50 - $100.

It depends on whether you view yourself as simply a consumer, or as an investor.

Investors put money in based on development principles or business plans, long before seeing the end product.

If you believe in the principles/business plan, then you are free to invest.  The difference being here that your investment is not designed for a financial return, but instead the potential return of a game that you will enjoy and spend more money on in the long run.  =)

But investing in my hobby is just as worthwhile to me as investing for a financial return.

Sure it does. Despite how reputatable someone may be, I'm still reluctant to back on account of other bad apples. Most people don't fail on purpose but when they do, they can weasel their way out of being accountable. What's to stop people from asking for $100k, and misapropriating $20k? How do you respond to hearing "we're still working on it so we're not refunding you!" after 15 years?

With that mentality how do you buy any product or support any company in existance? There are bad applies in every aspect of every single category in life. 

CU won't fail. It may be niche but you would have to be naive as a new born child to not realize it WILL make money. Mark Jacobs as a businessman obviously recognizes this as well.

Mark is tied to DAOC. DAOC = Success. It was a success because of its RVR. CU is RVR. People STILL talk about DAOCs RVR in 2013 because THATs how good it was. How can CU NOT get funded? How could it possibly fail? 

Only way this project fails is if Mark gets totally wasted and hires monkies with down syndrome to develop the game. Which we know isn't going to happen. He'll get Talent because Talent recognizes the potential of this project. 

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by Stromm

$0.00 from me. PvP focused multi-faction MMO?

Like a broken pencil ... pointless.

lol Stromm if it is pointless why are you even here?

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322

Only way this project fails is if Mark gets totally wasted and hires monkies with down syndrome to develop the game.

rofl. Now that was worth reading this thread.:P

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Any news on when the kickstarter starts? Wonder if SotA was annoying timing?
  • Storm_FirebladeStorm_Fireblade Member Posts: 156
    I was behind this project from the start. Although I do have my concerns at certain times, the general vision showed with Camelot Unchained is something I will back as much as I can. Since more and more informations are released I cannot stop myself from getting excited. I know, that nothing has been developed yet and that a successful game doesn´t come by itself, but I do believe, that Mark and his team will be able to deliver, what they promise. And thats something, especially with the focus on rvr/crafting/housing I was looking forward to like forever.

So I actually started to sell some of my Pen&Paper and Fishing Gear. I´m going for the 500$ instead. This game has to be funded! :D

• PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167
    I am kind of hoping Mark breaks up the Kickstarter into smaller increment "development milestones" instead of a lump sum of $2mil. Maybe he is...who knows. Pathfinder Online ran a couple Kickstarters to accomplish different portions of their development, and ultimately, it may have created more of a buzz.

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Game looks interesting but I really don't like giving people money on promises. Once they have your money, you really don't have much recourse if the game is not what you wanted or thought it would be.
  • fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by LydarSynn
    Game looks interesting but I really don't like giving people money on promises. Once they have your money, you really don't have much recourse if the game is not what you wanted or thought it would be.

Reminds me of my STO lifetime subscription collecting dust :(

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!