Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyer Beware: Think twice before spending money on this game.

OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45

I'm not going to break the NDA.

I will point out a couple simple facts.

The community on the beta forums is NOT happy at all with this game and the moderators, especially AjentOranj have begun to HEAVILY censor posts in the Beta forums (probably in an attempt to avoid bad publicity).

Example: Last night I started a simple poll, no trolling, on the beta forums. I just wanted to know what fellow testers thought about the game.

The thread title was Darkfall: UW is a good game.

The post read: Simple question, yes or no. (really , that's all)

I watched the poll for about an hour before going to bed. The results were something like 65% NO and 35% yes.

I woke up this morning to see how the poll was going as was greeted with a one month ban. Reason: Trolling.

I don't know how such a simple question can be trolling, and I bet if the results had been 90% yes and 10% no then there would be no problem.

In short, watch out for this game, don't waste your money. AV has made a game that even thier own fans don't like and are now censoring forums to cover it up.

Comments

• OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45

Whoops! Replied to too many threads and drove my own down to the middle of the page LOL!

Someone has to warn the people, but this will be my only bump. Thanks for understanding :0)

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Spot on my friend.  Also to note they are launching this game with only 2 out of 4 schools for every class in the game.  No ETA on the other half of the classes at all.  Never seen a MMO launch a game with only half of every class done...
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    when is this game launching?
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

It was a troll thread... you got banned for trolling. :s sorry to hear you're this upset about it though.

AV told us the beta would be for bug fixing and performance, they told us there wouldn't be much content being added in.

Asking if the game is good with a yes/no poll? That's rediculous, it's not even a release build. It's debug w/o many features.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by Greymoor

It was a troll thread... you got banned for trolling. :s sorry to hear you're this upset about it though.

AV told us the beta would be for bug fixing and performance, they told us there wouldn't be much content being added in.

Asking if the game is good with a yes/no poll? That's rediculous, it's not even a release build. It's debug w/o many features.

This.

• acesdown31acesdown31 Member Posts: 8

thank you...they just added and amazing thing with this last patch that EVERYone WAS bitching to add in and no one says thank you, or good job AV..  just still complaining...

Macroing is dead (thank god) and the game is really looking up... 800 peeps in clan list just on day 2 after the new patch and wipe...and this game "sucks"...shut up you little trolls go play WoW and stop playing forumfall

• acesdown31acesdown31 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Onodrim

The community on the beta forums is NOT happy at all with this game and the moderators, especially AjentOranj have begun to HEAVILY censor posts in the Beta forums (probably in an attempt to avoid bad publicity).

Example: Last night I started a simple poll, no trolling, on the beta forums. I just wanted to know what fellow testers thought about the game.

I watched the poll for about an hour before going to bed. The results were something like 65% NO and 35% yes.

I woke up this morning to see how the poll was going as was greeted with a one month ban. Reason: Trolling.

I don't know how such a simple question can be trolling, and I bet if the results had been 90% yes and 10% no then there would be no problem.

In short, watch out for this game, don't waste your money. AV has made a game that even thier own fans don't like and are now censoring forums to cover it up.

And they have 800 + fans online and growing every day in BETA!!  imagine launch with steam and when they have all the classes...you didnt scare anyone important away from playing...i hope you dont play ...go play WoW and repeat the same dungeons for the same gear everyone has to have pvp that means NOTHING!! good bye!

Originally posted by acesdown31

And they have 800 + fans online and growing every day in BETA!!  imagine launch with steam and when they have all the classes...you didnt scare anyone important away from playing...i hope you dont play ...go play WoW and repeat the same dungeons for the same gear everyone has to have pvp that means NOTHING!! good bye!

Just FYI they used to have 3-4k online on the forums just so you know how much this game has dies....  lol

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    The game will deliver !
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Just FYI they used to have 3-4k online on the forums just so you know how much this game has dies....  lol

Debunked game is dieing or dead theory... over 1000 votes showed most were waiting for launch/content

• OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45
    It was NOT a troll thread. It was a poll asking the paid beta forums if they thought it was a good game. No commentary, just yes or no. That's not trolling. The only reason AV had it taken down is because the votes were going against it, 65 - 35. It it had been 90% yes, fans would be pointing to that as a success, not calling it a troll. I didn't force the overwhelming majority to vote that it's not a good game.
    It was NOT a troll thread. It was a poll asking the paid beta forums if they thought it was a good game. No commentary, just yes or no. That's not trolling. The only reason AV had it taken down is because the votes were going against it, 65 - 35. It it had been 90% yes, fans would be pointing to that as a success, not calling it a troll. I didn't force the overwhelming majority to vote that it's not a good game.

Except it was a troll thread. I saw it for myself. With no release date and a debug beta build which had only been focused on fixing bugs/performance you asked that question. That in itself is trolling, there was nothing constructive about the thread, no feedback or anything.

It might not have been trolling if you'd expanded the poll with more options such as, not if it released now but if it had more features active. Etc...

• StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92
    AV considers every negative thread a trolling one, and so, do some of the fan boy/girls. AV failed with DarkFall and they will fail with the new DF:UW as well. This is because they never listen to the community even though they say they do, first the add somethings people are asking them to fix or add, and at the release when the game is still not ready they will remove those things ones again, or the game will be glitchy and buggy like in beta. There is just too many companies already doing this same thing, no suprise there.

Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Debunked game is dieing or dead theory... over 1000 votes showed most were waiting for launch/content

You answered your own post and thus agree with me right there...  Waiting for more content - you do realize they stripped out a LOT of content from the first game.  THey are launching without SO many things and as you can see it took them 4 months to get primalist in from their original launch date in November...

And that is one class with 2 schools - can you imagine how long it will take to just get the other 2 schools from all classes put in and THEN ONLY THEN you have fully functioning classes and STILL no other content added....  Come back in 12 months and tell me what else they have addedif the game is not dead by then....

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I just love when someone come's in here and claim's they speak for everyone or at the very least a vast majority of the gaming community. I'm in the beta myself. And i don't agree with the op at all. Does he speak for me? No. The game isn't live. You or anyone else complaining won't make it go live magically any faster. Choose to enjoy what is being tested or go elsewhere. The thing's being done presently are refreashing and nice imo. And polls never even include the vast majority of people just a preselected group of one's who happen to see it.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

if i summ it up

OP makes a retarded post on a beta forum made for beta testers to help devs create a better game by reporting bugs and suggesting improvements. A poll which in not a single way helps achieve the goal of said forums gets locked, and due to the retarded question in poll - which idd does sound like a troll poll - OP gets a ban.

Than comes crying on mmorpg.com

Would say priceles, if i didn't see it so many times before.

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101
    I can support the "buyer beware" thing, if you don't know exactly what you're going into right now you should wait for the release, it is very much in beta right now.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

On the other hand, banning an account for one month just for one thread, shows more or less, that the game has not that much appeal to be hurt by public negative opinions at the moment. Yeah, it is BETA, the game isn´t ready, but remember that GW2 had one of the best BETAs ever and folk still spoke negative about it. It is the community and you gotta respect their opinions, even if these aren´t fully valid.

One more thing, the BETA isn´t impressive at all. Yeah, they made it to fix stuff, but the content provided so far, just isn´t enough to even let some people think about coming back when the game is launched. We are in a gaming world, where games can be popular through marketing itself and Darkfall is just doing it completly wrong.

Originally posted by eGumball

On the other hand, banning an account for one month just for one thread, shows more or less, that the game has not that much appeal to be hurt by public negative opinions at the moment. Yeah, it is BETA, the game isn´t ready, but remember that GW2 had one of the best BETAs ever and folk still spoke negative about it. It is the community and you gotta respect their opinions, even if these aren´t fully valid.

One more thing, the BETA isn´t impressive at all. Yeah, they made it to fix stuff, but the content provided so far, just isn´t enough to even let some people think about coming back when the game is launched. We are in a gaming world, where games can be popular through marketing itself and Darkfall is just doing it completly wrong.

Why do you assume he trolled only in that thread?

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Lol, your not gonna break the NDA but you just did by those comments, to funny, people today!

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    I can only but confirm that beta testers don't like DF UW and not only by this poll. Majoirty of comments and polls outcomes point strongly to it.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Except it was a troll thread. I saw it for myself. With no release date and a debug beta build which had only been focused on fixing bugs/performance you asked that question. That in itself is trolling, there was nothing constructive about the thread, no feedback or anything.

It might not have been trolling if you'd expanded the poll with more options such as, not if it released now but if it had more features active. Etc...

This is a paid beta, if they take money they should also take criticism. This is unprofessional behaviour and it comes as no surprise seeing how this game started.

On the other hand, anyone paying for beta access especially after a disastrous first release deserves everything thats comming to them.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

they also told us they didnt need a beta  last nov when the game was ready for release.. and then in dec when the game was also ready for release..

Anyway I agree with the OP in the message to other people.. Wait until the game is fully released before spending money on this.

• RetePetRetePet Member Posts: 1

game's not good so far

but since it's beta... innocent until proven guilty... maybe it gets there

I'm just still scratching my head how they could even think about releasing it 4 months ago... oO

not going golden with it was a very wise move

• furidiamfuridiam Member UncommonPosts: 137

Originally posted by Pale_Fire
    Originally posted by Greymoor It was a troll thread... you got banned for trolling. :s sorry to hear you're this upset about it though. AV told us the beta would be for bug fixing and performance, they told us there wouldn't be much content being added in. Asking if the game is good with a yes/no poll? That's rediculous, it's not even a release build. It's debug w/o many features.
    This.

It is quite obvious you have not dealt with AV before.