Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fix ''Damn'' Warzones! EA or Bioware are you really so stupid??

For F... sake will you ever fix that performance problem in Warzones??!! I have good pc configuration, in open world i have over 100 fps all the time but in warzones i expirience same performance  problem as in 2011. Yes i'm angry like never before! I like this game very much but how much time you need to fix that??  Combat should be  smooth like in wow

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

1.) Your comparing an antique game to a modern game.

2.) Open world is far less stressing on your computer then an enclosed area full of fighting. Basically more people = more reason for lag.

Chances are your computer just can't handle the load. Really thats all it comes to. I guess I could recite the 'get a better computer' line but I'll be a bit more helpful and suggest to turn down your settings. Setting graphics settings for what works when nothing is going on is going to only fail you, you need to have your graphics basically set up to handle when theres lots of action, aka warzones.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by Purutzil

2.) Open world is far less stressing on your computer then an enclosed area full of fighting. Basically more people = more reason for lag.

Chances are your computer just can't handle the load. Really thats all it comes to. I guess I could recite the 'get a better computer' line but I'll be a bit more helpful and suggest to turn down your settings. Setting graphics settings for what works when nothing is going on is going to only fail you, you need to have your graphics basically set up to handle when theres lots of action, aka warzones.

Are you serious? I have over 100 fps in open world and i have not a one single problem in any other mmo. Well you ''Einstein'' you think i didn't came to low settings idea after 1 year of playing or what? You think that ati 7970, 16gb ddr3 ram and fx x8 8350 procesor are not enough for that old hero engine or what?? Think first, write later

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

the funny thing with TOR is, it has modern system requirements, but looks like 2005, that's what you get with an unoptimized custom engine

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Given the engine (EARLY Hero) that SWTOR runs on, its hardly surprising that they are having problems.  BW was warned about the potential for problems, but they insisted on using it any way. The rest, as they say is history.

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/heroengine-meets-starwars/

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by zomard100
    Originally posted by Purutzil 1.) Your comparing an antique game to a modern game. 2.) Open world is far less stressing on your computer then an enclosed area full of fighting. Basically more people = more reason for lag.   Chances are your computer just can't handle the load. Really thats all it comes to. I guess I could recite the 'get a better computer' line but I'll be a bit more helpful and suggest to turn down your settings. Setting graphics settings for what works when nothing is going on is going to only fail you, you need to have your graphics basically set up to handle when theres lots of action, aka warzones.
    Are you serious? I have over 100 fps in open world and i have not a one single problem in any other mmo. Well you ''Einstein'' you think i didn't came to low settings idea after 1 year of playing or what? You think that ati 7970, 16gb ddr3 ram and fx x8 8350 procesor are not enough for that old hero engine or what?? Think first, write later

Less pron then.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

Is this some new issue or something? because i never had any performance issues in warzone.

By the way OP Bioware doesn't read these forums...so not a best place to tell them to fix it.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Wraithone

Given the engine (EARLY Hero) that SWTOR runs on, its hardly surprising that they are having problems.  BW was warned about the potential for problems, but they insisted on using it any way. The rest, as they say is history.

http://www.heroengine.com/2011/11/heroengine-meets-starwars/

and thats why swtor sucked from day 1. nice link man. ty :)

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    For F... sake will you ever fix that performance problem in Warzones??!! I have good pc configuration, in open world i have over 100 fps all the time but in warzones i expirience same performance  problem as in 2011. Yes i'm angry like never before! I like this game very much but how much time you need to fix that??  Combat should be  smooth like in wow

I do warzones with everything on Max settings and didnt have performance problems so far, even with all the sorc spaming Lighting.   Didnt hear also about people having performance problems in warzones, if you have problems try with Mid or Low settings. 

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

Go back and play borecraft if you don't like it. Last I knew, direct attacking any company was against forum rules. Enjoy your warning :)

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Razperil

Go back and play borecraft if you don't like it. Last I knew, direct attacking any company was against forum rules. Enjoy your warning :)

"borecraft" isnt an attack?

and i bet, that has more players, than swtor, too

enjoy your dying game,,soon you can join the  SWG mourners

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

dont think bioware devs read here.

we cant help :/

This discussion has been closed.