Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So many old school DAOC players in one place. Lets sound off our name/server. Maybe reconnect with o

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Zakatak
    @ Meddyck, do you still play with Rite/Jeo.

Nah that group of players drifted apart due to real life and other things right around the time Ywain was created in 2007 (?).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ZakatakZakatak Member Posts: 17

I see, shame.  I remember fighting you guys daily... good times :)

I haven't played an mmo since Rift and that was like 2011 for maybe 5months... been missing it, although life is a lot more complicated and busy now adays.

Bige - Bors.
    Bigge, Zmallz, Reiggn, Faty)

(Everquest(99-02), Lineage(01-02), DAoC(02-09), WoW(07), WAR(10-11), Rift(11)
    Nothing Current.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Most DAoC guilds I know of are in GW2 and are planning on going to ESO.
    Hariken

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

My buddy doesn't play his gw2 account any more so he told me I can try it out, so I'm going to... Is there a server where most went to?  I haven't really researched it...

Bige - Bors.

Nothing Current.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    My buddy doesn't play his gw2 account any more so he told me I can try it out, so I'm going to... Is there a server where most went to?  I haven't really researched it...

Jade Quarry is a GW 2 where a lot of ex-DAOCers went. It's also one of the most populated servers so you may have a hard time getting on there and even if you do, there can be long queues to enter the WvW zones.

For me, GW 2's WvW is a great example of how not to make CU. I got bored of it even faster than WAR thanks to the complete lack of character progression from WvW. Constantly rotating server match ups where you can't see enemy players' names plus no real benefit or loss from losing a round don't help either.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

I guess I just want to try to find people I used to play with, as I haven't really talked to anybody in years and lost all contact info.... and have something to pass the time for now.  Lots of my buddies are waiting for ESO I guess and I don't really want to have to buy a game or pay for a sub if I don't have to right now.. 

Bige - Bors.

Nothing Current.

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by lolhahaha
    Originally posted by Tuktz
    Nulo inconnu sorc Albion Lancelot  2001-2004

Lies, there were no Inconnu players in 2001 ;p

Lol you're right guess my memory is fuzzy. I played from release to 2004, but I must of played something before si came out. Hmmmmm

think I actually just had a ton of alts before si and my main sorc.

oh had a fire wiz drakonis in dementia on Albion guin. Don't remember if I hit 50. Think I had lots of bg chars on hib merlin.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by meddyck

Jade Quarry is a GW 2 where a lot of ex-DAOCers went. It's also one of the most populated servers so you may have a hard time getting on there and even if you do, there can be long queues to enter the WvW zones.

For me, GW 2's WvW is a great example of how not to make CU. I got bored of it even faster than WAR thanks to the complete lack of character progression from WvW. Constantly rotating server match ups where you can't see enemy players' names plus no real benefit or loss from losing a round don't help either.

Yeah I'm on jade quarry . Even tho huge rvr fan from daoc and war, and looking forward to teso and cu, never really did wvw in gw2. I think the pve is a ton of fun tho.

even back when it came out and I wanted to try wvw, I could never get in. I would wait for hours with no luck. Wtb static rvr world.

i thinks they did the pve really well, but if they had done the wvw differently that would be the perfect game. Nobody seems to get it right even when it sounds like they got the right idea.

craosses fingers for teso and cu

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I got like over 40 characters, so I'm not going to list them all, but my main servers were Merlin for Albion, and Lancelot for Midgard (I refused to play a tree huggin' hibbie!).  My mains were:

• Gravarg the Troll Warrior
    • Erick the Dwarf Hunter
    • Baelag the Dwarf Berserker
    • Olaph the Dwarf Thane
    • Scoutess the Iconnu Scout
    • Havion the Highlander Paladin
  • NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100
    NegativeX / Alb / This Space For Rent / Tristan

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek

No thanks. CU is no DAoC

I'll pass.

You pass forever ? What are you waiting for?

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Gylnn-Cleric on Guinevere server.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Merlin

Albion

Conler

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167
    Midgard Merlin at release. Also Midgard Mordred when it opened.

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Raquelis Andraste, Norseman Runemaster, Bedevere Server.

I played at release and about a year later, but haven't played much since then.  Didn't really do much guild wise.  Spent a bit of time in "battleground" or whatever they are called.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by PRX_sklurb

too bas that i dont know you, think you re the 1st that played same server/realm than i did (Merlin/midgard)

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Member Posts: 397

Mid Guin - Mid Nimue-Alb Percival-Hib Bedevere-Mid Lamorak-Alb Gareth-Hib Ector-All 3 Ywain

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked

• WazlukWazluk Member Posts: 159
    Singing - Bard - Iseult

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • Daimonion69Daimonion69 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw
    Camlann (PvP). I'd rather not say name. Too many haters ;)

Camlann ftw! ;)

Where was real fear, when you left the save spots. :o

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366

Orignally on Bedevere? I believe that was the name of the server. Played so many different characters I can hardly remember.

Had a stint as an Enchanter named Dugar on Modred for awhile. Ran around with the Blitzkrieg crew for a bit. Awesome dudes.

Also ran with Torcan ;-))

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by BowbowDAoC
    Originally posted by PRX_sklurb

too bas that i dont know you, think you re the 1st that played same server/realm than i did (Merlin/midgard)

Played in the very, very early days of DAoC up until ToA. Wasn't a big fan of the Atlantis installment.

I was in COS at the time, but we were playing alongside PRX, LotD, SUN, Combine, Conquest, Black Knights, etc some of whom are still around and still topping RvR servers.  :)

What guild were you in?

CLICK for a larger image

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

• MasahikoKobeMasahikoKobe Member Posts: 51
    Hib Nimue
  • mbolmembolme Member Posts: 48
    Jeger, Skald on Midgard/Iseult from near open to ToA.
  • UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Ulorik (THoB) Midgard/Merlin

Prx and Conquest certainly still ring a a bell with me
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Madbollio-Warrior-Guin

Leuc-Skald-Ywain