Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realm Poll

Needed to be asked. Given that the majority of former Dark Age of Camelot players are liable to be picking the Realm they fought for so loyally before I thought it was worth seeing what people were going to be for at this time. 

Considering my chosen avatar I doubt I need to speak for myself. Apologies if this has been posted before but I didn't see a poll nor thread up on this.

camelot-rp.enjin.com - A hub for roleplayers in Camelot Unchained!

Comments

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

I was mainly alb/lanc before, and to be honest I want a different experience this go round. =)

Haven't compeltely decided between viking and  tuath yet, but if there's a FAE-ish type race in TDD, I'm totally doing that as a cute little caster. =) Relive my BG luri enchanter.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• drakon3drakon3 Member Posts: 114
    I voted for Vikings because thats the realm I enjoyed most.  But in reality I'll pick whatever realm has the most races/classes that look appealing to me, with a tie going to MIDGARD!
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Still hibs, no way I'm swapping, would feel traitorous.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Kind of pointless at this point since we don't know what races and classes there will be which will influence many players' choice of realm. I voted "Hib" which appears to be a heavy underdog in this very small sample size poll right now. I'm not sure this tells us anything important about realm balance in the actual game given how few people actually read, post, or vote in this forum.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• AdeptusArbitratorAdeptusArbitrator Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by meddyck
    Kind of pointless at this point since we don't know what races and classes there will be which will influence many players' choice of realm. I voted "Hib" which appears to be a heavy underdog in this very small sample size poll right now. I'm not sure this tells us anything important about realm balance in the actual game given how few people actually read, post, or vote in this forum.

I'm not trying to gather any sort of hard data, I'm merely curious as to where the present community stands is all. Not everything is required to be strictly serious here. 

camelot-rp.enjin.com - A hub for roleplayers in Camelot Unchained!

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136

Migardian from Galahad - Guild <The Black Company>

I will roll a Vik and nothing else

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

As some folks have said, a lot of my choice will depend on what classes the game has and which realm they are in.

If there are Minstrels and Theurigists (very doubtful on the 2nd one) on the Albion side however, then that's where I'll likely be.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Father_JackFather_Jack Member Posts: 81
    I only really ever played Hib, going to stick with it, I'm a glutton for punishment.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Vikings, I liked Midgard the most of all 3 realms in DAOC so sticking with the Vikings, no matter what the classes are.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Whatever is closest to an elf of the Tuatha. Hib for life yo.
  • falcukfalcuk Member UncommonPosts: 42
    TDD here, Hibby 4 Life also :)
  • TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Originally posted by AdeptusArbitrator

Needed to be asked. Given that the majority of former Dark Age of Camelot players are liable to be picking the Realm they fought for so loyally before I thought it was worth seeing what people were going to be for at this time. 

Considering my chosen avatar I doubt I need to speak for myself. Apologies if this has been posted before but I didn't see a poll nor thread up on this.

I played for the most part on Alb/Lance, but I did have a Ment and an Arb on Hib/Guin.  It really depends on the classes that are released with CU, as that was the determining factor for me to stick with Alb more and Hib less.  LOVED the Necro, Wiz, Sorc, Friar and I had a Theurg, Scout and Inf for Thid.  I think the color scheme of Hib got to me as well:  too much bright lime green.

I did venture over to Mid side, mostly becasue of the snow and mountains.  They really captured that feeling that you were way off in the middle of nowhere..and it was cold.  The Norse area in GW2 is nicely done like this.  On Mid side I toyed with a SM, Cave Shammy and RM, but I just didn't  sync with the classes like I did with the Alb ones.

So, yeah.  It depends on the classes as to where I will land.

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Vikings of course, BUT, who knows, i will obviously try all realms and see it. Guess it also depends alot on the friends you find in game.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• infuzorinfuzor Member Posts: 17
    I will play for underpopulated realm. 
  • TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322

Once Danu had laid her blessings upon me, I was hers, forever...

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• SeitrSeitr Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I bleed blue! I tried to play alb for a bit in daoc and it just didn't feel right.
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Being that I'm a dirty hippie (and Hibbie), Tutha De Danaan. But I cannot say for sure until I see what races and classes each realm has.
  • OdamanOdaman Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Depends on the classes entirely, but I'm leaning towards vikings just because I loved mid (loved hib too though).
  • ZakatakZakatak Member Posts: 17

I enjoyed playing all three realms, so I'm sure I will enjoy all three with this game too.  But I will probably end up full time wherever my small group of friends lands... doesn't matter to me, I just want to enjoy good ol 8man(hopefully) with friends.

Bige-Bors

Bige - Bors.
    Bigge, Zmallz, Reiggn, Faty)

(Everquest(99-02), Lineage(01-02), DAoC(02-09), WoW(07), WAR(10-11), Rift(11)
    Nothing Current.

Um, was that really you?  Lol

Bige - Bors.

Nothing Current.

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Hib/Lance, loved my Celt Spear Hero. Will be a hib again if I decide to play.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    What's with the Mid Zerg? Has Mark been secretly promising you guys to bring back stungard and unnerfed left axe if you donate or something?

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I had max level characters in each of the 3 realms back in the day. I have no realm loyalty. I will pick whichever one offers the best classes for my personal tastes.

This game is still years out. I'm not sure what all the hype is about already.

Joined - July 2004

Obviously people enjoy the thought of a game that could possibly resemble something that has always captivated their taste.  For me after my enjoying a certain part of daoc rvr, every game I have tried hasn't really compared.  

ps.  I haven't tried anything that has came out since 2011, just bored at work and found this so I made a profile on mmorpg.com. 

Bige - Bors.

Nothing Current.

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    Played a Sorcerer and Enhance Cleric duo on Merlin and I'm not sure if buffbots will exist in Camelot Unchained, but if they do, ALL HAIL TEAM WIZZY!!

what was the name of your sorcerer Rhoklaw ?

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR