Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tiny requests from DAoC players

124»

Comments

• FoggyeFoggye Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Yeah, Kill-spam was a really nice touch.  Added to the community, it really did.  There was some distance to it as well.  You walking along, and you see the kill-spam, you knew something was going down not too far off.
  • BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Foggye
    Yeah, Kill-spam was a really nice touch.  Added to the community, it really did.  There was some distance to it as well.  You walking along, and you see the kill-spam, you knew something was going down not too far off.

+1

Also, guild points so you can "own" a keep, but a la pre-NF. so the only info you can have real fast as to if a keep is attacked is via :

- the guild that owns the keep.

- a scout

That really encouraged players to actually communicate

Keep it simple... No 20 options to have this and that available at the keep. make people run back n forth if they need stuff, or ask friends to bring those to you. Force the players to rely on each others.

Every "auto'" thing added to the game kills community efforts in the long run. Don't dumb down the game for the mass, if CU is to be a niche game, go all the way, no compromise !

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• morfidonmorfidon Member Posts: 245

Interruption system like in daoc and a bit shorter stuns please

Ohhh and a kill spam.

• Kryptonite_HiloKryptonite_Hilo Member Posts: 47

Someone mentioned this in another post and I thought it was worth putting in here:

Team Leads

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206

One more request:

MORE milegates, LESS bridges please. 

• lolhahahalolhahaha Member Posts: 48

What if one of the big plans that AOC was supposed to be about was added to this? Guilds/Faction built keeps/forts, or rvr type structures actually crafted by the players? Not really sure if or how it would work but that was a huge draw to a lot of later pissed off former AOC players. 

I know its not going to be exactly DAOC so something like that would bring more to the PVP and realm/faction aspect. 

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    I cannot believe this slipt my mind!  Please reintroduce /anon as every game I've played so far has failed to implement it, or I simply didn't know about it.  Sometimes I want to log into the game and unwind before being whisper bombed.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• Kryptonite_HiloKryptonite_Hilo Member Posts: 47
    The old DAOC music! LOVED IT! Totally set the tone and feel of the game. I wish I had it on repeat to sleep to. Ambient sounds too.
  • grimjakkgrimjakk Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by Kryptonite_Hilo
    The old DAOC music! LOVED IT! Totally set the tone and feel of the game. I wish I had it on repeat to sleep to. Ambient sounds too.

Loved the SI ambient music.

• ZakatakZakatak Member Posts: 17

8man groups please....   I really hope they stick with 8,  I have despised games that came out with 5.  8 was perfect for myself and my friends.  Pbaoe, I enjoyed class specific skills like zerker, hero, etc...   Class customization would be pretty cool...   Easier way to respec?  Thanks

Bigge/Bige - Bors.

Bige - Bors.
    Bigge, Zmallz, Reiggn, Faty)

(Everquest(99-02), Lineage(01-02), DAoC(02-09), WoW(07), WAR(10-11), Rift(11)
    Nothing Current.

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by grimjakk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEqa1nOLLKc

;)

• grimjakkgrimjakk Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by KappenWiz
    Originally posted by grimjakk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEqa1nOLLKc

;)

Thank you! 

(And to get back to topic)  Darkness Falls, please! 

A DF style 'underworld' PvE dungeon could really fit the setting if, for example, it was somewhere to retrieve resources from 'beyond the veil'... Say a player-built mine was expanded to it's ultimate top tier, it would actually become a portal to DF.  Taking DF for your realm could involve burning or capturing enemy mines. 

Losing or damaging a mine would have serious enough repercussions to the realm, so that you wouldn't see the 'meta' gameplay that we saw in DAOC, where the fronteir would suddenly empty after a flip.

There are lots of ways the mechanic could be adapted to a game that doesn't really have a PvE component. =)

• Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by drakon3

Better "fantasy" based realism.

- No steampunk (I.E rifles) just to try and get those few extra people who like that stuff.

- No swords that are 3x the height of the person and just as wide.

- No wow-style shoulder armor that are obsurdly large.

- Etc.

Agreed! Yes please none of that , it is so ridiculous.

• zekuelzekuel Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I would like to see world expansion and not an expanded world. more character upgrades and improvement, more dungeon(if in game) tier expansions less new dungeons, more on map and less maps. 90% of big worlds become unused in later game play. More) I would like to see experience base skill leveling and no level leveling(point allocations/level) levels restrict game play with friends util every one reaches max level. Along with this I would like to a level freindly armor weapon system where you don't level restriction as much as strength and encumberance.
  • Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Thorbrand
    PvE to make it a real MMO. PvP only 3 faction game will fail greatly!

Agreed, Even tho0ugh it will be RvR PVP focused I think PVE content is needed. I like PVP but  I really would like some PVE to chill from time to time besides crafting which I don't like as much.

Originally posted by zekuel
    I would like to see world expansion and not an expanded world. more character upgrades and improvement, more dungeon(if in game) tier expansions less new dungeons, more on map and less maps. 90% of big worlds become unused in later game play. More) I would like to see experience base skill leveling and no level leveling(point allocations/level) levels restrict game play with friends util every one reaches max level. Along with this I would like to a level freindly armor weapon system where you don't level restriction as much as strength and encumberance.

True, have a nice map at the beginning, with plenty of places to add dungeons and such. having 4-5 big maps only tend to spread players all over.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162

In case it gets lost here, want to echo the sentiment about the original archery mechanic. Please include something like that and, in general, develop mechanics along those lines of thinking.

I'm not much into hunter/ranger/archer types generally, but that system made me a fan. You actually had to learn how to properly use it, nock the arrows, time the shots, watch your target....it created a lot of tension. Would that caster move before I got this crit off? Can I stand still long enough to get this off?

And even on the other side, as a caster, it kept you moving.

So much about it was fun.

I just remembered something :)

i dont remember the exact phrase anymore, but it went something like this :

"an albion ennemy says something that you can't understand"

That was awesome, it totally prevented yelling and flaming and b****ing ingame with the ennemy. Il also had the effect of really separating realms on battlefield.

Thurka on WAR