Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

boycott sim city 5 and EA games and DRM.

2»

Comments

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    i'll join your boycott.  Although drm is fine with me if it screws over the pirates, and I couldn't care less about simcity anyway, so I don't think it will help much.  But I wont be buying dragon age 3 if that helps.  I guess it doesn't count as a boycott if you don't buy something because it will probably suck, but oh well.
  • ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    I'm not boycotting, already bought it just waiting for my copy to arrive.
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

I know it would be a good and fun game worth the money just seeing the previews and betas.

I bought every SimCity title (except the GameBoy thing) and several other "Sim" title.

But sorry no DRM for "offline games" in my house! In fact since the chance I am going to buy it with DRM is zero, now its technically more likely that I would now go out to use some cracked version I can play offline if it ever pops up somewhere.

possibly already done

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by archeageking

I played sim city up till 3. This is unaccetable for gamers who is a fan of sim city.

Screw EA and its DRM. You need to boycott EA and its DRM games sent a message to EA that single player games with online drm is unacceptable. Fight the power. Tell yoyr friends not to buy any EA games with online DRM.

I agree.

Support your local pirate group and download the crack version when its released!

I disagree. Just don't buy/play the game. Supporting pirated copies is why we have this crap in the first place...

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

I don't see what the big deal is. 99% of the games I own use Steam, which basically requires you to be online at all times anyway. Granted it does have an offline mode, but it's pretty much useless (you can't start it in offline mode unless you actually switched it to offline mode while online).

I have a couple Steam games, and not sure why you think the offline mode is useless.  Internet went down a few days ago, was down all weekend, but I had no problems playing anyhow.  It gave an error message about cloud saves desyncing, but didn't pose any problems for me.

There's a bug (well-known) with Steam which will cause it to think it needs an update if you log out while in online mode and try to restart it in offline mode while your internet connection is down. As luck would have it, every time the internet goes down for me, Steam isn't running. Therefore to me, offline mode hasn't proven to be of much use.

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    And this is why we got drm. If the gaming conmmunity as a whole didnt buy the first drm games, publishers would have been forced to sell without drm to stay in bussiness but just as this thread shows 90% have the patience and foresight of a baby so instead we have to deal with this. Thanks again folks

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177
    Fun game. I personally didnt have any trouble connecting to the server. for me it was the origin friendlist and the sim city friend list that were having a cock fight lol. Great game though and honestly i wasnt surprised about the issues. For the most part its worked fine for me and i recomend the game. Its great :).

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

[mod edit]

All they're doing is punishing the people who actually bought the game at this point, not like that's anything new from EA though I suppose.

Edit: Ah but yes, boycott EA. image

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    I used to love the Heroes of Might & Magic series. When the makers started using DRM, I boycott them too. Those companies are so self-centered, they don't realize that their games aren't great. I only play those on rainy days when I lose the net and can't access mmo's.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I'm sure people have legit complaints about SC5, so this isn't for them.

Hey guys. I see Sim City 5 was released. As soon as I saw it, I didn't even need to play. I went to Metacritic and spammed the site with a bunch of 1s. As soon as I saw it was by EA, I didn't even need to play Sim City 5, I automatically rated it as a 1. I keep making new accounts so people don't play any EA game! I do this for every game EA releases! I also went to Amazon and have been spamming about how bad EA is, I don't really talk about the game except for that online thing, whatever that is. All I know is I have to rate everything a 1 that is by EA! I would rate every EA game a 0 if I could! I downrate every review that is positive, and uprate every review that shows how bad EA is! Boy does EA suck!

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

This discussion has been closed.