Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm sure glad TERA is now offering a cool looking mount instead of a dumb looking mask.

2»

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Yes, clearly I don't like action rpgs, since you know, I play several of them.  No, my point was that in TERA, at least until you get these mythical unlocks for animation locks that Pivot claims exist, there is no more "action" to TERA combat than when you stop to fire a cannon in GW2 or WoW.  It's exactly the same, and I don't consider stopping to aim and fire very fluid in today's market. 

I'll clarify...

There "are" action games that incorporate various animations for certain moves. It is clear that you don't like "those" games.

as far as your last comment, I disagree and prefer stopping to aim in games. I think it's a must and adds a component of choice. "do I stop and activate that killer skill or is it too dangerous at this moment to do so.

And it is clear that you don't like these type of games (as above).

Maybe, but either way I think there's some potential for TERA from what I've read here, even though I couldn't see much before.  Now my only problem is that games with a traditional trinity have come to stress me out, sort of like an MMO PTSD, because of all the arguments caused by some group members having more responsibility than others... and unfortunately, I kind of like tanking.  I guess though that finding a friendly guild would help.  I believe I'm on Ascension Valley.  Many posts have scared me a little regarding the community, is all.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Maybe, but either way I think there's some potential for TERA from what I've read here, even though I couldn't see much before.  Now my only problem is that games with a traditional trinity have come to stress me out, sort of like an MMO PTSD, because of all the arguments caused by some group members having more responsibility than others... and unfortunately, I kind of like tanking.  I guess though that finding a friendly guild would help.  I believe I'm on Ascension Valley.  Many posts have scared me a little regarding the community, is all.

Usually it will be the lancer or healer that gets the blame when things go sour in trinity games, you're right about that. But at least in lower levels tanking isn't very hard, by max level youd most likely have found a cool active guild so theyd be more forgiving and willing to help you learn rather than you pugging through instance matcher and having to deal with randoms getting mad.

The community isn't that bad, I mean, of course there's trolls and people being morons, especially with F2P, but it's not any different from other communities in my opinion.

Lancer is a much more forgiving tank, if you want a challenge try a warrior... although when something goes wrong and you're tanking as a warrior, people are even quicker to judge because warriors have a bad reputation, being more difficult to tank properly with theres inevitably more people who are very bad at it...thus creating the before mentioned reputation/sterotype that warriors are bad tanks.