Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

games just make me mad and are unfulfilling

stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

Been playing NES since 1988. I think I am just burned out.

I want to practice my guitar, but after 13 years of playing that I feel I wasted more time on games than my guitar.

It has come to a point now where every single game I play just makes me mad.

Doesn't matter if it's f2p, p2p, p2w, whatever term you wanna call games now.

It has all become a generic piece of garbage.

But I keep telling myself... just keep playing and you'll get into a cool guild/clan or maybe someone will recognize your skill for the time you put into a certain game.

Nope.

This is probably a bad site to post about how games make you feel like crap, but hey... don't know where else to post. Off-topic seems fine.

Comments

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    bumping since someone hijacked my topic first
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

I go back to older games that I enjoyed and replay them.

Among other games, Age of Empires is always fun for me, and so is TF2.

• BarbarbarBarbarbar Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Well you're not alone. Maybe one of the few to realise it. But seeing all the rage and attacks on new games, makes you understand that there is something deeply empty in trying to fill up your time with gaming. Life is for learning, so don't call it wasted time, just call yourself a slow learner. We all are, apparantly. Throwing good time after bad.
  • I have a similar sitation these days, I just return to old favourites.
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    Guitar Hero on Medium with no care for score relaxes me. I also enjoy Minecraft whenever I get tired of other types of games.

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191

Games were great when they were written BY gamers FOR gamers.

Once big business took over, it's all about how much money they can steal from your pockets.

Until people stop going after the fanciest graphics and start looking at the indie developers it will never change.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• MediBlastMediBlast Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by ElgarL

Games were great when they were written BY gamers FOR gamers.Once big business took over, it's all about how much money they can steal from your pockets.Until people stop going after the fanciest graphics and start looking at the indie developers it will never change.

They began to sell out just to gain massive bucks. That was the end of games.
  • trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    Originally posted by ElgarL

Games were great when they were written BY gamers FOR gamers.

Once big business took over, it's all about how much money they can steal from your pockets.

Until people stop going after the fanciest graphics and start looking at the indie developers it will never change.

^

Rhetorical Nonsense

I used to work with a indie-like development team for Endless Ages along time ago in my early 20's --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endless_Ages

Developers have always been after your pockets. Developers have also always been sellouts and after the highest bidder, thats their job. THey are in the buisness of making Money. If you think developers have ever made games to put smiles on kids faces you must be living in a fantasey land of your own.

Gamers like you should be blaming the developers, not big buisness. If it wasn't for big buisness pc games wouldnt even be able to be published, let alone have the resources to allow the developers to create their project, and get paid an hourly wage.

Games have always been made by developers who game. Most development companys won't even accept your application if you have never gamed before. Most if not All those developer positions require ALOT of knowedge of games, and development. Games from the dawn of time have always been run by big buisness. How do you think they would be able get their game published without a publisher to back them? From the tooth fairy? Were do you think they got all the resources to make the old games? Were did the money come from? The developers? no, The Gaming Company? no. It came from investors (People like you and me) and big buisness thats where. (Even old Indie companys needed Publishers, and investers)

It's only differn't now for Indie companys because they have the internet now and gamers can donate. But they still need Publishers and Big Buisness to back them. Just because they ask for donations doesn't mean shit. They can say whatever they want and take your money, you have got to be a fool to expect if they are asking for donations simply because the developers could have free reigne what they wanted too do. They can still do whatever they want if they got the money from investors too.

All the new Games suck now because Developers are greedy profiteering gluttons who have slowly ruined PC Gaming as a whole with no fault but of their own accord. MMO's all follow the same formula because the developers all want too profit off of a success of other development companys. SWTOR was a shit game because the developers were stupid, plain and simple. Not because they were being secretly controlled by buisness. Even an Ex employee from Bioware said the game was going to be a failure because the developers all wanted to follow the same old formula. Not because the big suits demanded it. Because the developers wanted it that way. Developers are in the buisness of making Money, they have been since the dawn of gaming. Big Buisness has always been there all along, even in your old games.

Time to Wake up and Smell some of those buttery muffins your mother used to make. =)