Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: Launch Date Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Snail Games has announced that Age of Wushu will officially launch on April 10, 2013. The April 10th date marks the release of the digital download version of the game with a boxed version coming later in the month.

"Age of Wushu brings an authentic presentation of Chinese martial arts to devoted players, and with its innovative combat, cultivation and offline play, the game creates a unique martial-arts experience," said Tyler Rawlins, Age of Wushu content generation lead at Snail Games. "The beta has been a great way to connect with the player community and introduce a real world of Wushu to the Western audience. We received and incorporated an abundance of player feedback during beta and can now announce an official launch date for Age of Wushu."

Find out more on the Age of Wushu site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Here, honestly, I thought it was going to be March 19th, since there will be no whipe from the Open Beta?

Well, I can tell you guys one thing: we'll be treating it as live on 3/19 if that's still the case.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Most innovative MMO in last 5 years

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Most innovative MMO in last 5 years

and it's not even close.

Launch trailer is awesome. My guild is all "Did you see that." "This game is massive." can't wait for the full game!

@Bill, I hear you ;) The game has more content than the last 4 major releases already.  At the same time. There is still a lot of content that's not in game atm. From battle grounds, to the full guild keep and skill systems. There are about 5 areas being added aswell.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    What i like all ready....No Classes or Levels..Love the Pvp part and also like the arrest part for player killers..Not to keen on China games..But this one got my attention..

I retired retroactively..Haha

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I'll give it a try when it releases on Steam. I've seen it in the Greenlight area thing they have going there for possible future Steam releases.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I hope to try this game out a bit more. I tried it some in beta but couldn't get passed the localization issues and just how much of an asian developer vibe this game throws at you.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

So, can anyone help me to sum up everything regarding this game? I have seen several topics on different aspects, but I want a simple and honest answear from someone that KNOWS!

1. Is this game awesome or not?

2. Is it P2W or has it a good F2P system?

3. Will EU players be able to play this version? 

4. Should EU players wait for the EU version?

5. Anything else you want to add?

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

only the combat system is fun, rest of the game looks cheap and is shit

Its the godfather of all PAY2WIN games, VIP, cash shop and gold sales.

yea EUR is Age of Wulin (diff publisher)

yea EUR players should wait ping issues?

its f2p, try it out, imo it's not worth playing as u are gonna be food till u lvl to a decent level thats where u need to spend gold to catch up and I mean loads of real money, then u realised it isnt enough as u need more for skills, gear etc..

my 2 cents

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I'm going to give this game a try. It has been a bit low in my radar because of the cash shop, but I'll give it a go. I might end up getting the boxed version depending on what they offer.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

"Age of Wushu brings an authentic presentation of Chinese martial arts.."

Funny, I don't remember my Sifu from 20 years ago flying through the air and changing directions in mid-flight.  Maybe it was my Sifu who wasn't giving me an "authentic presentation" of Chinese martial arts.  Bummer  :(

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• cadejocadejo Member Posts: 1

The game is different. No levels is a lie has 36. Instead lvl1...2...3 are named and diguise in the inner cultivation form. Most of the spells can be level up 1...5 , has like 40 at my current "inner state".

The character animation is awesome, the music and world enviroment.

No clases well for me is another lie, you have 8 schools each one with 3 special fighting styles.

Is pvp. Ganking is posible but there is a penalty. You became a criminal and  players can place a reward for you head.

The pve is decent, a 2 in a 1-5 scale.

What i dislike most are some items with expiration date, your horse is yours for 7-15 days, after that buy again. There is 2 coins "wen" and "silver wen". wens came from doing quest, silver wens from offline work , kidnapping, selling stuff to other players or converting gold from real money. Gear are buyed from other players with silver wens, don't expect a cool drop from a dungeon. Your horse is buyed from npc with simple wens.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Is this going to be F2P or B2P with item shop?

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I haven't got to try it yet but I have a hard time believing that a CHinese martial arts game is going to be all that great......I can honestly say I have never played a good one before and will be shocked if this one is all that great either, but will have an open mind when trying it out.
    Originally posted by purewitz
    Is this going to be F2P or B2P with item shop?

F2P With sub option.

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

It felt clunky and terribly unpolished to me. Dialogue made no sense at all which spoils it from the start, and despite quite a nice looking world it feels constantly cluttered due to the low quality UI. PVP has its fun moments but the clunky feel takes away any finesse it could have had.

Tried on several occasions and come away with the same conclusion each time. Just another eastern cash shop mmo but this time with a pvp mission/event system thrown in...

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by Ex0dUs101

It felt clunky and terribly unpolished to me. Dialogue made no sense at all which spoils it from the start, and despite quite a nice looking world it feels constantly cluttered due to the low quality UI. PVP has its fun moments but the clunky feel takes away any finesse it could have had.

Tried on several occasions and come away with the same conclusion each time. Just another eastern cash shop mmo but this time with a pvp mission/event system thrown in...

Pretty much how I feel about it despite having a Shaolin at level 31 internal...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

What does that mean? No gliding, 100% as crisp as WoW with movement. You know how in you can straife back and forth really fast in WoW? And How you couldn't do that in Swtor, TSW, and GW2? You can do that in AoW.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Agreed, tried it didn't like it because it felt to unpolished and weird.  The combat was rather dull as well, felt more like a turn based console port then an actual MMO as well.

Still hope the game does good because its nice not having WoW clone #10000 getting released.  I myself am looking forward to NWO and ESO as my non-WoW clone game of choice.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

I was playing it since the 2nd CBT. I bought the elite edeition. It is a fun game. Lots to do. Crafting is highly dependent on other players with different craft skill.

As I continued to play I just got frustrate with all the viet players tbh. They know the game like the back of their hand so they go and gridn the instances to get the "best flying skills" and jack the prices up SO MUCH! They do the same thing with the bets crafted equips. The economy is totally messed up due to the viet guilds.

Also.....it can and most likely will be a P2W game. You can buy gold from the item shop and then use the gold to boost your skill lvls faster, that tied in with the sub option can veyr mush make it a P2W.

On top of all this, I have heard from other who play the CN version that later in game they will begin to release combat skills that you cna only buy from the item shop......sooooo I dunno.

I have fun in it, havent played in about a month cause I kinda burnt my self out playing 5+ hours a day lol.

Originally posted by azzamasin

Agreed, tried it didn't like it because it felt to unpolished and weird.  The combat was rather dull as well, felt more like a turn based console port then an actual MMO as well.

Still hope the game does good because its nice not having WoW clone #10000 getting released.  I myself am looking forward to NWO and ESO as my non-WoW clone game of choice.

Mind explaining "dull"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FW1scHmANSI#t=2s

This video shows combat.  It's about as good as you can get. Plus they are hosting the 150k usd  winner take all inventational on the back of their combat.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by bcbully

Mind explaining "dull"?

This video shows combat.  It's about as good as you can get. Plus they are hosting the 150k usd  winner take all inventational on the back of their combat.

To me that looks dull.  Its liek they try to do an action style combat with turn based tab targetting and it doesnt mix well for my tastes.  I like action combat and movement but its got to have focus and depth like Neverwinter or GW2, AoW jsut looks bad to me.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by bcbully

Mind explaining "dull"?

To me that looks dull.  Its liek they try to do an action style combat with turn based tab targetting and it doesnt mix well for my tastes.

Oh you don't like the semi tab target combat. Ok fair enough.

• CortechsCortechs Member Posts: 40

I did enjoy many things about AoW at first.  I thought it was very sandboxy, with a fun PvP system.  However, after playing for some time I came to realize that the game is not quite what I was looking for.

Economy

The economy is driven by scripts that you steal during nightly events, many drops from instances, and to some extent crafted equipment.  While the game is set up for crafters to be dependent on each other, in reality everyone uses alt characters to get what they need and set up stalls, so trying to be, say, a farmer is futile cause you will not sell anything most of the time;  certainly nothing compared to the hyper-inflated market prices.  Most crafts (like herbalism) and gathering skills ( like fishing) are unwanted and make next to no money.  The prices for items are outrageous, and you have to get lucky with drops or mine endlessly to afford equipment, unless you want to buy gold.

Instances

Needed for reputation, skill drops, crafting recipes and workstations, and mats.  The PvE is really not that well done, and it has so much in game relying on it.  This is where it feels less sandbox and more typical theme park daily grindy.  It is possible to get rep from quests, but they give so little compared to later instances that it would take an eternity.  The rest you could buy gold or mine ore endlessly and buy from players, but again the market prices are insanely high.

PvP

One-on-one and small group PvP can be fun if you can find it.  There is some dueling.  The main problem is that in game events or guild wars, where most PvP happens, devolves into a few area skills used everytime that are so powerful en masse that using anything else is foolish.  The positives of the combat system get buried under a sea of mindless spam, robbing the game of the fun combat mechanics you find in small fights.  If you don't have these skills yet, going in to fight is death due to the insane damage output, leaving some with little to no options in these fights.

The above is what eventually drove me from the game. The support is also lacking, and the US version is an old version complete with old exploits that are being abused.

Originally posted by Cortechs

I did enjoy many things about AoW at first.  I thought it was very sandboxy, with a fun PvP system.  However, after playing for some time I came to realize that the game is not quite what I was looking for.

Economy

The economy is driven by scripts that you steal during nightly events, many drops from instances, and to some extent crafted equipment.  While the game is set up for crafters to be dependent on each other, in reality everyone uses alt characters to get what they need and set up stalls, so trying to be, say, a farmer is futile cause you will not sell anything most of the time;  certainly nothing compared to the hyper-inflated market prices.  Most crafts (like herbalism) and gathering skills ( like fishing) are unwanted and make next to no money.  The prices for items are outrageous, and you have to get lucky with drops or mine endlessly to afford equipment, unless you want to buy gold.

Those are limited atm especially fishing. Remember it's beta and we are only playing with 40% of the game. The majority of the 1000's of recipes are not in yet. 

Instances

Needed for reputation, skill drops, crafting recipes and workstations, and mats.  The PvE is really not that well done, and it has so much in game relying on it.  This is where it feels less sandbox and more typical theme park daily grindy.  It is possible to get rep from quests, but they give so little compared to later instances that it would take an eternity.  The rest you could buy gold or mine ore endlessly and buy from players, but again the market prices are insanely high.

I don't know why you felt the need to dungeons. Especially on a dail basis, yuck. They are cool to jmp in a group with 12 or 18 every few days imo.  If that's how your trying to make money, I can see your frustration.

I spend 60L every morning and make 10 3 tier blending materials for weapon enchants. That makes me 250$ right off top. I may make 10 more later. It's a easy 500L a day.

PvP

One-on-one and small group PvP can be fun if you can find it.  There is some dueling.  The main problem is that in game events or guild wars, where most PvP happens, devolves into a few area skills used everytime that are so powerful en masse that using anything else is foolish.  The positives of the combat system get buried under a sea of mindless spam, robbing the game of the fun combat mechanics you find in small fights.  If you don't have these skills yet, going in to fight is death due to the insane damage output, leaving some with little to no options in these fights.

This is all I saw for 2 months before I joined a guild, 1v1 I play a cart robbing killer who will hunt you if you wrong me. Guild wars 

The above is what eventually drove me from the game. The support is also lacking, and the US version is an old version complete with old exploits that are being abused.

It looks like we play the game in different ways. My suggestion to you would be to jump off the beaten path and stop trying to grind. Try living in the world. 

Some dueling? Come on man ;) It's like a non stop Dalaran sewers, but with 20-50 people 20 hours out the day in front of Chengdu. Don't forget battlegrounds are being added. The wpvp is so good , I haven't missed them one bit though.

I just took this picture of a small part of the area where people duel. To the left there are atleast as many people. 

I count 21 here.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    the world you play in looks like every perfect world game i have seen or played, the combat is interesting but not enough for me to put up with every other feature which is lackluster to say the least.