Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do old players get 3 months free?

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
Do the older players get 3 months free? I seen it mentioned on various forums but anyone have a link to a source from SE saying it? Thanks.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Do the older players get 3 months free? I seen it mentioned on various forums but anyone have a link to a source from SE saying it? Thanks.

No version 1.0 players get into beta as of Phase 3 (of 4).  Progress is saved from phase 4, and then you also get a 30 day trial after the official launch.

So technically you only get 1 month free, but considering all the time in 1.0 that was free and the beta access you are getting more of a deal than "30 days free" implies.

Older players (as in players over 40) get no special benefit either, on the off chance that is what you meant.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by Murugan

No version 1.0 players get into beta as of Phase 3 (of 4).  Progress is saved from phase 4, and then you also get a 30 day trial after the official launch.

So technically you only get 1 month free, but considering all the time in 1.0 that was free and the beta access you are getting more of a deal than "30 days free" implies.

Older players (as in players over 40) get no special benefit either, on the off chance that is what you meant.

Correction Players of V1 with legacy status get in the beta starting tomorrow 2-25-13 (monday) and will play until launch then get a free month. Brta Phase 3 is open beta and PS3 beta , Phase 4 is also Open beta then launch then you get a free month to play .

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by DarknessReign

Correction Players of V1 with legacy status get in the beta starting tomorrow 2-25-13 (monday) and will play until launch then get a free month. Brta Phase 3 is open beta and PS3 beta , Phase 4 is also Open beta then launch then you get a free month to play .

Yeah but not all 1.0 characters are Legacy, there are exponentionally more who simply bought the first game.  Phase 3 is also not open beta, it is Closed.  From the Beta Roadmap:

PHASE 3
    ?Closed beta/NDA lifted
    ?Duration: 1–3 weeks
    (subject to change)
    ?PlayStation 3 beta test begins

It is invite only, but all version 1.0 players will be invited.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by DarknessReign

Yeah but not all 1.0 characters are Legacy, there are exponentionally more who simply bought the first game.  Phase 3 is also not open beta, it is Closed.  From the Beta Roadmap:

PHASE 3
    ?Closed beta/NDA lifted
    ?Duration: 1–3 weeks
    (subject to change)
    ?PlayStation 3 beta test begins

It is invite only, but all version 1.0 players will be invited.

yes that is correct i ment beta 3 is ps3 beta and 4 is open

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Ahh Ok I hope i played long enough to get legacy.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

or

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

To qualify for a legacy account you must have subscribed for at least 90 days before June 30th 2012. This includes a situation where you purchase a 90 day subscription on June 29th, you do not actually have to have used those 90 days yet. If you qualify for legacy status you will know about it via a logo in the character select screen.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by Silok

To qualify for a legacy account you must have subscribed for at least 90 days before June 30th 2012. This includes a situation where you purchase a 90 day subscription on June 29th, you do not actually have to have used those 90 days yet. If you qualify for legacy status you will know about it via a logo in the character select screen.

Pretty sure it was Sept 30th. As I had only 2 months paid I believe then 3rd mid sept and I'm a legacy.

• FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91
    -holds the Collectors Edition- As long I don't have to buy the game again, I'm in. If I have to re-buy the game, I'm not touching this game cause of principal. :P
  • MishakaiMishakai Member Posts: 105

What's this 40 crap?  Senior Discounts don't kick in until 55!!

My understanding is that we get the first 30 days free like anybody else, after that, the only difference would be subscription price and a couple game features for Legacy players.

Considering the whole free year of playtime we got with 1.0, and discounted montly price for ARR, I'd feel guilty asking SE for anything else.  

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Flaeb
    -holds the Collectors Edition- As long I don't have to buy the game again, I'm in. If I have to re-buy the game, I'm not touching this game cause of principal. :P

You're safe in that respect.  The new retail version should be free to download for anyone that originally bought the game.

Originally posted by Lexin

Pretty sure it was Sept 30th. As I had only 2 months paid I believe then 3rd mid sept and I'm a legacy.

Maibe i just quote the info from a website anyway the key here is you had to have paid for at least 90 days.

Here the official info about it.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html#legacy

I must have legacy then, I was sent a code for the 25th.

or

What does this icon look like?

or

Dont know im not legacy.

I must have legacy then, I was sent a code for the 25th.

That doesnt mean you are lagacy, normal player are invited in this closed beta too.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

If you log into your Square Enix Account, Select Service, Final Fantasy XIV, next to the buttons that say something and cancel service there should be a red logo next to it.  If that's there, you have legacy.

• RagnaBahamutRagnaBahamut Member UncommonPosts: 11
    this one old FFXIV 1.0 if you when log in can see top-left icon  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ueKVsTyoI4 if you try remember noticed