Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: More About the Living Story

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 blog has been updated with a new article by Angel McCoy from the Living Story team. The post lays out what the team has been working on over the past couple of months and how the Living Story will be evolving for players in a big way starting at the end of March.

Over the past few months of design work on the Living Story, we’ve overcome many challenges. Writing story in an MMO environment resembles building a giant puzzle. We want to avoid temporal paradoxes, for example. From a player perspective, the Personal Story is unfolding simultaneously with the Living Story, but how can characters be in both places at the same time? Furthermore, do we all presume that So-and-So is dead, because he died at level 80, or do we assume the opposite? There’s a minefield of possible paradoxes that we have to carefully move through when writing the Living Story, and we’ve had to shift our thinking a bit to accommodate that. This has taken a lot of thought and forethought.

In order to make this easier on ourselves, and on you, we’ll be introducing a set of characters specific to the Living Story, at the end of March. Hint: one’s a norn, and one’s a charr. I’m not going to tell you more than that right now, but know that you will soon be meeting the first two of these characters, and we hope you like them as much as we do.

Read the full (and very interesting) post on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

I'd say you progress the living story as if the personal story has been complete. 

Just my 2c.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    That's quite a long article considering it said pretty much nothing.
  • zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

[mod edit]

Every time they release an update, they make the game harder, and IMO it was already too hard from day one! I would prefer more bosses that are not so impossible and maybe some puzels!

Instead of giving us a good challenge with lots of things to do, all we get is a few almost impossible to kill bosses that unless you dodge at the EXACT time, your dead on the ground waiting for combat to finish so use a portal, so you can then run back and be killed again!

• animerulezanimerulez Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by zastroph

[mod edit]

Every time they release an update, they make the game harder, and IMO it was already too hard from day one! I would prefer more bosses that are not so impossible and maybe some puzels!

Instead of giving us a good challenge with lots of things to do, all we get is a few almost impossible to kill bosses that unless you dodge at the EXACT time, your dead on the ground waiting for combat to finish so use a portal, so you can then run back and be killed again!

What bosses are you talking about in particular? Cause I havent had the same experiences.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    The 'personal story' in GW2 was TERRI-BAD. And while I admit I hardly log in any more.... the 'Living Story' they had at the time I was playing was pretty horrible too.
  • bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Gwen!