Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of trying Eve

jbk1231jbk1231 Member Posts: 6
I am thinking of trying Eve. Can anyone tell me if there is any good PVE or raids?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Get a buddy invite from one of the posters here for an extended trial.

Do the tutorials and glance over this page for a quick overview of the various ships and their strengths.

You can often get great help in the rookie help channel, but one of the best ways to pick up on the game and get into various activities fast is to join a corp. Check out some of the current player-run educational corps in EVE.

Alays remember there's no such thing as training the wrong skill, since you can always train something else if you change where you want to go with your character. Take everything with a grain of salt, and don't be afraid to lose a ship... that's what they're there for. :)

Have fun!

In PvE/Raid content, there's mission running and the Incursions (raid-like). If you're looking to do group content, then definitely get into a corp... PUGs are death, and not at the hands of the expected enemy.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• xm522xm522 Member UncommonPosts: 117

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=05efdb2d-986c-4756-bdfa-2352c600724e&action=buddy

Here you go :).

by the way if you would like to get in contact with me in-game. just send me a pm here on mmorpg and i'll give you my info

goodluck and hope you get to like EVE

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Incursions? :)

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Robokapp    A Wormhole corporation is what you're looking for if you want to deal with the most challenging pve content. That and incursion running.

That's actually some great advice, as you've got teamwork, exploration, and craziness all together in an activity that new and old players alike can enjoy. Here's a guide to Everything Wormhole.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Reminds me, I have an old account I haven't played in years. Will fire it up.
  • KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

Unfortunatly the free trial doesnt give you time to experience much, but unless you wish to stay in a limited amount of space you cant really do PvE unmolested, the game is built around PvP and people will force it upon you eventually.

To get alot accomplished you need to join a corporation, which can then be engaged in war and will by some pain in the butt corp or another, thus allowing them to attack you anywhere they wish. Even if you dont and do just spend time in safe sec space there are tons of gankers who have rediculous amounts of SP and money and outfit cheap ships with which to suicide grief people with just for the tears.

Unfortunatly as great as EVE is, its not a game for those who just enjoy PVE, I've tried it many times and have tons of battle cruisers and battleships and still it doesnt work out just trying to do Wormhole stuff or Incursians, Corps will war you, your wormholes will get invaded, people will gank you, and you'll run into Gate campers who leave you with no chance to do anything but to die when your just trying to travel.

In the end you have to enjoy PvP in some sense to really like EVE, after a while you'll realize the game is just a credit chase and one you have tons of credits and ships and mods, theres nothing left to do in the game world but PvP and if you dont enjoy that its just dull.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• jbk1231jbk1231 Member Posts: 6
    not the biggest fan of PVP, thanks for the info
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by jbk1231
    I am thinking of trying Eve. Can anyone tell me if there is any good PVE or raids?

One does not try EVE out. EVE tries you out!

Most dont make the cut.

'nuff said.

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by hfztt

One does not try EVE out. EVE tries you out!

Most dont make the cut.

'nuff said.

You said the purest true about that game hahahah

• tarodintarodin Member UncommonPosts: 128
    not the biggest fan of PVP, thanks for the info

You can enjoy pve... im doing it... maybe in a future i will go pvp but for the moment im ok in a miner's guild having fun, learning and meeting nice people

• shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126

yes. it does have pve like raid stuff..ill list them

1. Incursions. this is more like a 10 man raid...but its more like a grinding/exp party

2. Level 4/5 missions - Level 4s are mostly 1-3 man pve events. Level 5s are i believe 4-7 (dont know never did them)

3. Complexes - These are basically the closets thing you get to raiding..you go in and kill stuff etc then get super good drops at end

4 Epic Arc Missions - Special missions that take forever to complete with big rewards at end (put to mind a long chain quest)

Like raiding...most of the stuff i mentioned is for end game people. Some epic arcs you can do early on but most activites are for characters that been playing a while.  if u find a group they might let you in just for kicks...otherwise its kinda like wow elite like attitude..dont have right gear (skills) cant come

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by shingoukieh
    yes. it does have pve like raid stuff..ill list them4 Epic Arc Missions - Special missions that take forever to complete with big rewards at end (put to mind a long chain quest)

When was the last time they added an epic arc?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by shingoukieh

yes. it does have pve like raid stuff..ill list them

1. Incursions. this is more like a 10 man raid...but its more like a grinding/exp party

Avoid them like the plague, most incursion groups demand 5-6 bil isk ships minimum with a 3-4 bil implant set to boot, go wormholes.

2. Level 4/5 missions - Level 4s are mostly 1-3 man pve events. Level 5s are i believe 4-7 (dont know never did them)

Level 4s-1 well built tengu

Level 5s- never do em myself as they're all in buttfuckistan (low sec) and they're difficult as hell (not even the best fit tengu can hope to solo one unless it is one of the very very easy ones).

3. Complexes - These are basically the closets thing you get to raiding..you go in and kill stuff etc then get super good drops at end

You need exploration skills (astrometrics and anything with astrometrics, preferably up to level 4), a good ship (tech 3 or if god willing they put in the Gnosis as a full ship) and in high sec with about 5-6 months of sp you could pull out 100-200 mil isk a day if you plan your routes well and get lucky.

4 Epic Arc Missions - Special missions that take forever to complete with big rewards at end (put to mind a long chain quest).

Far easier than this guy makes out to believe and far shorter, problem is you'll be traveling allot so salvaging the missions is a pain (the level 4 ones, the Blood stained Stars epic arc you get access to as a noob though is awesome and I highly recommend it) but the rewards without salvaging are neglijable compared to other level 4 missions

Added some info and corrected some errors ^^.

• chilltime99chilltime99 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Robokapp
     others roam in kitchen sink fleets. If it has an engine and it's not a freighter, you can come.

Haha. I like the way you put that.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by chilltime99
    Originally posted by Robokapp
     others roam in kitchen sink fleets. If it has an engine and it's not a freighter, you can come.

Haha. I like the way you put that.

Battle Badger Bro fleets, u mad bro? <.<

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Originally posted by Quirhid

Updated version here.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Quirhid

Updated version here.

Oh I like that one!

Give me liberty or give me lasers