Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2 way I saw it

2»

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Originally posted by h0urg1ass

My problem with PS2, as a two year PS1 vet, is that it doesn't even deserve to be named PS2.

Other than copying and pasting a few names from PS1 it's 100%, absolutely and completely a different game.

This.

It has the name of the original and the name of the empires and vechiles but it is nothing at all like planetside 1 which now sadly remains unique and dying since SoE has pretty much abandoned it and left it as a sub game .

Sadly I jumped into PS2  hoping to relive my PS1 experience  but ll i found was a battlefield version  with little to do with planetside.

Still have it loaded on my laptop but never play it.

• binkusbinkus Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Originally posted by stygianapoth
    garbage game, quit within the first week (coincidentally just like gw2). offers no incentive to play. just a big kill fest that amounts to nothing.

the wow conditioning is a terrible thing to try and break

stygianpoth is aboslutely right 

they took out key and vital elements from PS1 and ganked them in PS2 especially the RPG side of the game (the levelling and privalleges leveling gave you)

great game if all you want is to gank and be ganked

but if you want longevity then PS2 is not for you

as a huge fan of PS1 i had been (while i played Beta and a month of opening) i wrote again and again they have made PS2 a very poor cousin of PS1 

PS1 had an amazing community and game play that brought people flooding to PS2 but sent them away just as fast as they realised it realyl has none of the player capture and keepya 

so many things from PS1 shoudl have been kept, they should for the millionth time i say this kept essentially the same game with better graphics for PS2

I stopped playing pretty quickly, the shop is a joke and a rapant quick money grab from people who could have made this teh greatest game ever

nerf scissors! rock is fine...
    yours paper

• binkusbinkus Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by hercules

My problem with PS2, as a two year PS1 vet, is that it doesn't even deserve to be named PS2.

Other than copying and pasting a few names from PS1 it's 100%, absolutely and completely a different game.

This.

It has the name of the original and the name of the empires and vechiles but it is nothing at all like planetside 1 which now sadly remains unique and dying since SoE has pretty much abandoned it and left it as a sub game .

Sadly I jumped into PS2  hoping to relive my PS1 experience  but ll i found was a battlefield version  with little to do with planetside.

Both of you are heros

PS1 i played for about 5 or 6 years never found anything like it for sheer game play and awe inspiring moments

rosey glasses and lean back in my wheely chair moments

rhesus

nerf scissors! rock is fine...
    yours paper

• crazepharmacistcrazepharmacist Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by binkus
    Originally posted by hercules

This.

Both of you are heros

PS1 i played for about 5 or 6 years never found anything like it for sheer game play and awe inspiring moments

rosey glasses and lean back in my wheely chair moments

rhesus

Good news. There was a GM on PS1 a few nights ago and he gave the few people logged on Fusion Blades and did some meteorite/black ops events. I think this is a sign that SOE is preparing for an influx of players in the near future..

http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=53254

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    But it's pay to win :(
  • MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

It is most certainly not.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Most shooters seem to have a rhyme or reason to the game, PS2 did not......It jsut felt like ok were gonna dump you in this playfield and thats it....As far as shooters go, this would be pretty far down the list.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by MadAce

It is most certainly not.

It is not P2W, it is Cheat and Exploit to not Pay. Personally, I don't know which is worse.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Negative Ghostrider.  Just because you buy a submachinegun doesnt mean you are any better than me.  The free weapons are actually very good and all weapons are openable through certs you earn in the game.  Do paying customers earn certs faster? Yes.  But for petes sake, there has to be some advantage to paying a sub fee over free players.  It isnt pay to win.  As an example, if I pay and only play 6 hours a week, I will earn about 400 cert points.  If you play free and log in 12 hours per week you will earn just as many certs as I do.  You can unlock everything I can unlock and have access to everything I have.  Where is the pay 2 win?  Paying customers only get access faster for equal playtime.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    Most shooters seem to have a rhyme or reason to the game, PS2 did not......It jsut felt like ok were gonna dump you in this playfield and thats it....As far as shooters go, this would be pretty far down the list.

That's because PS2 is NOT A SHOOTER

It is a WARGAME/WAR SIM dude...

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

Sorry have to disagree with you there; it's not a wargame/warsim at all. It has slightly more complexity than some shooters, but it is still a shooter. Bases flip way too fast and defense is largely pointless at all but a tiny minority of bases...so negative on the whole war sim thing :(

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    . If it was Third Person Shooter i would still be playing constantly. I love Battlefield 3 but im not much of a fan of First Person perspective.

This is an issue for me.